Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound not wrking
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
for some eason the sound does not seem to be working. I try to play a video in the library, it plays, but no sound. Sound is working on youTube and on my widows Media Player, and the little speaker icon on my Windows 7 laptop indicates that the speaker is at 80% volume, and it was working just fine earlier today (ad e very day before). I had closed the program after working then, closed my laptop and removed the ext HD with the files, then later plugged the ext HD back in and opened the program. Though the files are not playing in the program, those same files are playin just fine in Windows Media Player.

The little sound box is checked on the track, and the volume ad gain sliders are all in position for there to be sound. Even the litle wsound wave track underneath the video track shows the blue sound waves.

What am I missing here? Zorikh
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Does the speaker below the preview window have a line through it? If so, the reason for no sound, it's off. Click speaker and then speaker at bottom of elevator bar to turn back on.

Jeff
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
That did it! Awesome! Thank you! Zorikh
GaryR28 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2016 08:46 Messages: 12 Online
[Post New]
Just wanted to say thank you for the info. I had similar problem and your post took care of it for me. BTW... in my case the 'little speaker' did NOT have a line through it, but... I clicked on it and found that the volume had somehow gotten set to the very bottom. Adjusting the slider got me back into business.... Naturally, I had spent most of yesterday trying to get the audio restored before finding your post. Again... Many thanks for the help.
Gary R
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Guys -

This borders on irrelevant, but something happened with my PDR13 late last year and I was never able to work out the cause. No-one to whom I referred the issue was able to replicate it, so PDR13 remained silent till I removed it.

Here's the screen capture I posted at the time - https://youtu.be/CgX52NVrzJU

You don't have to try to work it out. Just have a little gripe 'cos I still have no idea why it suddenly & permanently went silent.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
theSaint2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2016 07:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I tried the trial of PD14 I got sound when played back clips. I since paid for the upgrade and now when I add clips sound does not work. I tried them outsie of PD14 and sound works properly.

I tried most of what been said but still no luck.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I tried the trial of PD14 I got sound when played back clips. I since paid for the upgrade and now when I add clips sound does not work. I tried them outsie of PD14 and sound works properly.

I tried most of what been said but still no luck.

It is best to start a new thread. Most people see that you have posted in an old thread and they do not read the post. Start a new topic and you will get more help, and attach a screen shot of you edit screen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2016 21:00