Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
G'day 2dguy -

It beats me, but I can't replicate your issue at all... whatever settings I use.

Tested on 2 different PCs - one with PDR365 & the other with PDR21.

Using a 120fps (actually 119.880fps) clip from my GoPro 7, I followed your steps (repeatedly). Cropped... applied video speed to a segment (0.25)... Every single produced file plays back flawlessly, with not a hint of choppiness.

Render by Profile analyser (2.7K/119.879997fps) or 2.7K/30fps) - no problem
Render using HA or not - no problem
Use tomasc's suggestions or not - no problem

Sorry - I know that's of no help to you.

Cheers - Tony
I have no information to support that idea since I'm not seeing jerky motion in my PDR365 with the most recent update (21.0.2123.0).

If you wanted to test it you'd need to contact Tech Support to see if they could provide an installer for an earlier build.

Cheers - Tony
If you can't get acceptable motion out of Pan & Zoom, you can achieve the same thing by setting keyframes in PiP Designer.

Here's a little packed project. The first example is done with Pan Zoom & the second in PiP Designer. See how it goes on your system. It includes a produced file - maybe see how it plays back on your PC.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Kusnick -

Do you mean the jerky motion occurs in:

1. the Motion Designer window

2. the main Preview window, or

3. the produced file?

The frame in the Motion Designer window does judder along a bit, for sure, but I can't see those "small jumps" in preview or produced file.

Can you tell us more?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Hans87 & PDM -

I don't know if I have any "other ideas", but these PiP Objects are made the way I think PDM may have made the one shown in the Example video.

You can download them from DZ. When you open them in PiP Designer, you'll see how the keyframes were set. The colours are close to typical highlighter pen colours.

Yellow Highlight
Blue Highlight
Green Highlight
Pink Highlight
Purple Highlight

They're all the same (except the colours). Keyframes can be modified to suit your needs.

Cheers - Tony
Yes, it works using PDR365 or any version of PDR. Makes no difference.

If you mean the file path for Profile.ini on Windows 11, it's:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\UserConfigure (just the same as Win 10)

Cheers - Tony
These are two separate questions:

Can I produce 5.1K videos using PDR? (Answer = Yes)
Can YouTube display 5.1K videos in original quality? (Answer = No)

So, you've got the first question sorted with the help of forum members. The YouTube question is not fixable here. It is a limitation of the YouTube platform/player. YouTube support statement on video upload resolution.

e.g. I just uploaded a 5.1K video to YT. These are the quality options available:

Is there much difference to the viewer? Debatable, but a different question again. Here's the same video uploaded as 5.1K & 2160p (UHD).

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

It's a little embarrassing for this thread to state "Solved by ynotfish" when I was simply repeating what other members had said embarassed

Please see attached the side-by-side MediaInfo reports for the original .MOV clip from DJI Mavic 3 & the H.264/H.265 produced files from PDR20.

Maybe one of my more technical/mathematical forum colleagues could explain why MediaInfo reports the VBR for the MOV file as 1528 Mb/s when the Mavic3 specs state a maximum of 200Mbps. BTW, PDR did not report the VBR in Properties.
Hi BCabc -

I'm a bit confused by this statement:

Slide show quality seems fine when playing back on PC but issues remain when playing on PC.

If you meant "issues remain when playing on TV", I get it.

I don't understand why there'd be any quality change. Does your TV have a direct USB input, rather than going via the BR player? Does that make any difference?

It's a bit tricky to do quality comparison between PC monitor & TV, aside from more subjective observations... & what I find at my end may be completely irrelevant (different monitors & TVs)... but I'll have a play with it.

Cheers - Tony
Hi jaybee2786 -

I’ve been following these threads about rendering to 8K & 5.1K. Similar discussions can be found throughout the PDR forums, going back years.

Agreed, it’d be a lot simpler if PDR offered these production profiles as part of “the package” but it doesn’t. Other members have shown that it can be done, even though it may take some tweaking of the Profile.ini.

You mentioned that you’re using a DJI Mavic3. I don’t have one so I downloaded some original 5.1K sample clips to replicate your scenario.

Unfortunately, using these clips & going to Produce > Profile Analyzer PDR offers no “best matched format” or Intelligent SVRT” options. That would be a simple way to create a profile, as tomasc showed here.

PDR does allow you to customize profiles within the GUI & by editing the Profile.ini (as others have shown) you CAN render your Mavic3 5.1K clips in the way you want.

There are two profiles in the attached doc. One for AVC H.264 & the other for HEVC H.265. They reasonably closely match the 5.1K clips I tested. All you have to do is open the doc with Notepad, copy the contents, then paste them into your Profile.ini.

Both profiles are named DJI Mavic3 5.1K/30p 100Mbps. They’ll appear under the Custom dropdown in the Produce module when you select either AVC or HEVC.

""

BTW, I made the VBR 100Mbps in the custom profiles even though the bitrate of the test clips was a good bit higher. It's all adjustable anyway.

Cheers - Tony
I have already explained exactly what happens, when you input the file the thumbnails is black, when you add to the timeline you can see and play the video in the player on upper right but if you try to crop zoom, that window is black and if you try to produce the software crashes. Cyberlink has been told this multiple times and I assume they tried to uninstall LAV but they now have seen the problem and they do not know how to fix it

I must've missed that. Forum members aren't privy to Tech Support communications. laughing

So far, I haven't been able to replicate the issue with (a) thumbnails, (b) crop/zoom/pan, or (c) producing using some GH6 sample files. I was using a mixture of H.265/5.8K, H.264/UHD & ProRes/5.7K clips on a PC with LAV filters & splitters installed.

Screenshots attached.

Cheers - Tony
I wouldn't put my feeble advice up against the engineering team at CL. They've obviously dug into the problem & can replicate it on different platforms... even after the LAV filters have been uninstalled (?)

Did you provide them with camera files for testing? What camera is it? What recording settings were used?

Also - & I guess you already explained this in your support ticket - but what actually happens in PDR? You said "not work correctly".

This has caused both Power Director 18 and 20 to not work correctly with my Camera Files

P.S. You don't need to buy Revo. The free version does enough to remove registry files.

Anyway - I'll be interested to see the outcome.

Cheers - Tony
G'day detroit123 -

I've never had any issues with LAV filters & PDR. Maybe it related to your particular camera files, as you said.

Have you tried using a dedicated uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller? Here's how they suggest uninstalling LAV filters. The scan phase is what removes "hidden" files.

That's the first thing I'd try anyway.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Hal et al -

The copyright claim on "Memory Lane" from the Jazz Cafe pack has been released. I'm a bit slow because it was released on 1 July!embarassed

Cheers - Tony
Hi Food & Justice -

The problem is obvious (just as you've described), but the cause isn't.

Is there any chance you could upload an unedited MOV file for testing? Aside from the colour shift, there are some odd artefacts displaying in the YT video. Are these in the produced file on your Mac?

Cheers - Tony

Edit: I should have done some digging around to find that post optodata referenced. If that's the issue, forget what I said. embarassed
All the tracks from the Easter Music for Kids pack have been uploaded to YouTube, with no copyright claims being made.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Pinpres -

If you downloaded them through Application Manager, the music tracks should already be installed. I usually download mine from within PDR.

In the Media Library, click on Background Music. The library will poulate showing tracks that have been downloaded & others available for download.

You can add tracks to the timeline by drag 'n drop.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Hal & optodata -

I've still had no response to my disputed claim for Memory Lane from Jazz Cafe.

The tracks from the Travel & Vacation pack have been uploaded to YouTube with no issues during the initial check stage.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Hal -

Long time - no see! laughing

I quietly withdrew from my mission to test every background music track available in PDR365 because:

1. You Tube introduced copyright checker that occurs during the upload process (instant feedback), &

2. I was consistently getting zero copyright notifications from the background music packs.

So - I hadn't tested the Jazz Cafe pack. Prompted by your post, I have now.

You're right. One of the tracks - Memory Lane - was flagged by YouTube for copyright. I submitted a dispute, but haven't had a response yet.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, the claim has no effect on the channel/video. i.e. it's still up & playing.

Funny thing about the Jazz Cafe pack. Of the 10 tracks listed on the CL website, only 8 appear to be available in PDR365. 2 tracks aren't listed at all... 02. BGM - Hefti & 06. BGM - Playful Possibilities

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bluealek67 -

Using PDR365 (2810) on my laptop (i7-11800H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti - 16GB RAM), I rendered various UHD & 1080p clips using Fast Video Rendering - both NVIDIA NVENC & Intel QSV (when available) & wasn't able to replicate your stuttering in produced files. In each case, I used profile analyser to match VBR & framerates.

Jeff's comment about video bitrate & framerate is important when issues like this crop up.

Cheers - Tony
Hi pikacat007 -

That's not an unusual problem, especially if you're working with high res/bitrate videos.

A couple of options might ease the load on your system:

1. Create shadow files for the videos

2. Decrease the preview resolution

Those options are shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: