Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 Pan & Zoom problem
Kusnick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2022 14:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I noticed that when I use the Pan & Zoom function on an image, the movement does not occur smoothly as usual, but in an effect with small "jumps" which makes the visualization less comfortable. Any idea what might be happening?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kusnick -

Do you mean the jerky motion occurs in:

1. the Motion Designer window

2. the main Preview window, or

3. the produced file?

The frame in the Motion Designer window does judder along a bit, for sure, but I can't see those "small jumps" in preview or produced file.

Can you tell us more?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kusnick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Kusnick -

Do you mean the jerky motion occurs in:

1. the Motion Designer window

2. the main Preview window, or

3. the produced file?

The frame in the Motion Designer window does judder along a bit, for sure, but I can't see those "small jumps" in preview or produced file.

Can you tell us more?

Cheers - Tony

Tony, the judder occurs both in the preview window and the produced file. Before I made a lot of videos and I noticed this trepidation, but it was very mild. Now I notice that in both cases it is more pronounced but just when I make the zoon in/out movement in a static image.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
If you can't get acceptable motion out of Pan & Zoom, you can achieve the same thing by setting keyframes in PiP Designer.

Here's a little packed project. The first example is done with Pan Zoom & the second in PiP Designer. See how it goes on your system. It includes a produced file - maybe see how it plays back on your PC.

Cheers - Tony
Kusnick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you can't get acceptable motion out of Pan & Zoom, you can achieve the same thing by setting keyframes in PiP Designer.

Here's a little packed project. The first example is done with Pan Zoom & the second in PiP Designer. See how it goes on your system. It includes a produced file - maybe see how it plays back on your PC.

Cheers - Tony

I was thinking that this change in behavior might have been caused by upgrades to newer versions of PowerDirector. Could I not install a previous version for testing purposes?
ynotfish
[Post New]
I have no information to support that idea since I'm not seeing jerky motion in my PDR365 with the most recent update (21.0.2123.0).

If you wanted to test it you'd need to contact Tech Support to see if they could provide an installer for an earlier build.

Cheers - Tony