Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stutter in rendered videos when using fast rendering technology
Bluealek67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2017 16:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
In the latest release of the Power Director 365 there is noticable stuttering (like having a very low frame rate) in the rendered videos when using fast rendering technology. It doesn't matter whether I select the NVidia or Intel options, the result is the same. Luckily, if fast rendering is off, the videos are rendered normally. This bug was not present in previous releases of PD. Please try to correct it in future releases.

My laptop is running a hexacore i7 CPU, with a dedicated Geforce GTX 1050 Ti GPU on Windows 11.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the latest release of the Power Director 365 there is noticable stuttering (like having a very low frame rate) in the rendered videos when using fast rendering technology. It doesn't matter whether I select the NVidia or Intel options, the result is the same. Luckily, if fast rendering is off, the videos are rendered normally. This bug was not present in previous releases of PD. Please try to correct it in future releases.

My laptop is running a hexacore i7 CPU, with a dedicated Geforce GTX 1050 Ti GPU on Windows 11.

I have not seen that stuttering with my source video and PD20 version, perpetual release 2607 and Nvidia GTX1070. You might post your exact PD20 version for completeness.

Have you checked the produced file with say MediaInfo. Does the fps or bitrate not match defined produce profile as you suspect?

You might find that the decoding choice plays a role too, in pref > Hardware Acceleration you might uncheck the decode box and try producing again with Nvidia GPU and see if the stuttering is still present. It may provide some workaround benefit until perceived issue is addressed by CL.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bluealek67 -

Using PDR365 (2810) on my laptop (i7-11800H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti - 16GB RAM), I rendered various UHD & 1080p clips using Fast Video Rendering - both NVIDIA NVENC & Intel QSV (when available) & wasn't able to replicate your stuttering in produced files. In each case, I used profile analyser to match VBR & framerates.

Jeff's comment about video bitrate & framerate is important when issues like this crop up.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bluealek67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2017 16:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Bluealek67 -

Using PDR365 (2810) on my laptop (i7-11800H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti - 16GB RAM), I rendered various UHD & 1080p clips using Fast Video Rendering - both NVIDIA NVENC & Intel QSV (when available) & wasn't able to replicate your stuttering in produced files. In each case, I used profile analyser to match VBR & framerates.

Jeff's comment about video bitrate & framerate is important when issues like this crop up.

Cheers - Tony

It's not much of a problem since with fast rendering option off I get normal renders (and I don't really notice any difference in rendering speed between these two), but it wasn't happening before PDR automatically "optimized" for my configuration. Latest version of PDR 20 and latest NVidia drivers. Maybe it has something to do with working on Windows 11.