Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to Fully Uninstall LAV Filters?
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I am hoping someone knows how to fully uninstlall the LAV Filters

This has caused both Power Director 18 and 20 to not work correctly with my Camera Files

I already installed and uninstalled this product on Aug 1 but still have the same problem and Cyberlink also got the same problem with Power Director after they installed LAV

All other Software on my Computer for Video is working Fine; only the Power Directors products with the Camera Files have the problems

They wrote me:

With a reference to your concern, we found that there are some files/folders that would still remain in the system after uninstalling the 3rd party program "LAVFilters" via the Windows control panel. Although you have uninstalled the 3rd party LAVFilters program on your platform, there still might be some files or registries remaining.
C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters
C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCache\125\{7C5A40EF-A0FB-4BFC-874A-C0F2E0B9FA8E}_LAV Filters_unins000_exe
The codec or settings may be changed by "LAVFilters" and cannot be reversed by the uninstallation. Per our further checking, the condition remains on several platforms after uninstalling "LAVFilters", we have already escalated the condition to our engineering team for further checking.

Please let me know the best way to fully uninstall the LAV filters

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2022 01:53

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day detroit123 -

I've never had any issues with LAV filters & PDR. Maybe it related to your particular camera files, as you said.

Have you tried using a dedicated uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller? Here's how they suggest uninstalling LAV filters. The scan phase is what removes "hidden" files.

That's the first thing I'd try anyway.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I still want Cyberlink to figure out how to correct this. There is no guarantee that the Revo will correct this problem plus I have to buy the Revo and then try to use it.
I already tried Iobit Uninstaller and it did not find any LAV files left

I've never had any issues with LAV filters & PDR. Maybe it related to your particular camera files, as you said.

Have you tried using a dedicated uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller? Here's how they suggest uninstalling LAV filters. The scan phase is what removes "hidden" files.

That's the first thing I'd try anyway.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2022 12:34

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I wouldn't put my feeble advice up against the engineering team at CL. They've obviously dug into the problem & can replicate it on different platforms... even after the LAV filters have been uninstalled (?)

Did you provide them with camera files for testing? What camera is it? What recording settings were used?

Also - & I guess you already explained this in your support ticket - but what actually happens in PDR? You said "not work correctly".

This has caused both Power Director 18 and 20 to not work correctly with my Camera Files

P.S. You don't need to buy Revo. The free version does enough to remove registry files.

Anyway - I'll be interested to see the outcome.

Cheers - Tony
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
they were given a video sample long time ago and again, all these same files were working in Power Director before
even now all these same files work in all other software including color directors. ONLY Power Director has the problem

I have already explained exactly what happens, when you input the file the thumbnails is black, when you add to the timeline you can see and play the video in the player on upper right but if you try to crop zoom, that window is black and if you try to produce the software crashes. Cyberlink has been told this multiple times and I assume they tried to uninstall LAV but they now have seen the problem and they do not know how to fix it

these were Panasonic GH6 videos

Quote I wouldn't put my feeble advice up against the engineering team at CL. They've obviously dug into the problem & can replicate it on different platforms... even after the LAV filters have been uninstalled (?)

Did you provide them with camera files for testing? What camera is it? What recording settings were used?

Also - & I guess you already explained this in your support ticket - but what actually happens in PDR? You said "not work correctly".

P.S. You don't need to buy Revo. The free version does enough to remove registry files.

Anyway - I'll be interested to see the outcome.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
I have already explained exactly what happens, when you input the file the thumbnails is black, when you add to the timeline you can see and play the video in the player on upper right but if you try to crop zoom, that window is black and if you try to produce the software crashes. Cyberlink has been told this multiple times and I assume they tried to uninstall LAV but they now have seen the problem and they do not know how to fix it

I must've missed that. Forum members aren't privy to Tech Support communications. laughing

So far, I haven't been able to replicate the issue with (a) thumbnails, (b) crop/zoom/pan, or (c) producing using some GH6 sample files. I was using a mixture of H.265/5.8K, H.264/UHD & ProRes/5.7K clips on a PC with LAV filters & splitters installed.

Screenshots attached.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR20-GH6 Crop.jpg]
 Filename
PDR20-GH6 Crop.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
251 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - PDR20-GH6 Timeline.jpg]
 Filename
PDR20-GH6 Timeline.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
312 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
cyberlink is seeing the same problem as me after the LAV. That is good in your case

I must've missed that. Forum members aren't privy to Tech Support communications. laughing

So far, I haven't been able to replicate the issue with (a) thumbnails, (b) crop/zoom/pan, or (c) producing using some GH6 sample files. I was using a mixture of H.265/5.8K, H.264/UHD & ProRes/5.7K clips on a PC with LAV filters & splitters installed.

Screenshots attached.

Cheers - Tony
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
their response is laughable. see below. They do not know how to fix this
why would I need to re install windows ? ALL other Programs on My Computer are working normal EXCEPT Power Director

With a reference to your concern, we found that there are some files/folders that would still remain in the system after uninstalling the 3rd party program "LAVFilters" via the Windows control panel. Although you have uninstalled the 3rd party LAVFilters program on your platform, there still might be some files or registries remaining.
C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters
C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCache\125\{7C5A40EF-A0FB-4BFC-874A-C0F2E0B9FA8E}_LAV Filters_unins000_exe
The codec or settings may be changed by "LAVFilters" and cannot be reversed by the uninstallation. Per our further checking, the condition remains on several platforms after uninstalling "LAVFilters", we have already escalated the condition to our engineering team for further checking.
If you have urgent needs to edit a certain video, as we are not the developer of the 3rd party program "LAVFilters", we are afraid that we cannot solve the condition or restore the system settings via the PowerDirector program code way. We suggest you consult with the 3rd party program "LAVFilters" developer to restore the settings, fully delete all the related files/folders generated on your system and have further support for the condition.
Or, reinstall the Windows system to have a fresh system setting. It could be the most feasible solution currently.

I cannot find any director contact info for LAV filters
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
UNINSTALLING quicktime fixed the problem. So somehow the LAV filters had caused some change in quicktime and I still had the problem after uninstalling LAV but now after uninstalling quicktime, the Power Director Works and I can see the crop and zoom, etc

Screenshots attached.

Cheers - Tony
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
UNINSTALLING quicktime fixed the problem. So somehow the LAV filters had caused some change in quicktime and I still had the problem after uninstalling LAV but now after uninstalling quicktime, the Power Director Works and I can see the crop and zoom, etc

Thanks for posting the solution, I'm sure others will find it useful and add it to their "tool-box" of potential fixes.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do