Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow Motion Producing Errors
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
120fps GoPro footage.
Cropped clip in PD365.
Tools video speed to .25.
Produce at 30fps.

Windows 11
PD365 ver: 21.0.2123.0

Can I go back 1 version to see if that works? If so....how?

Timeline editor is at 30fps. Everything looks fine in the editor, preview plays it back correctly. File that gets produced is ok except for the slow motion segments are choppy, like it rendered it out at 15fps. So I isolated just one high speed clip to work with, and it does the same thing. Plays back fine in preview, renders out all choppy.

I've edited alot of videos, but this is the first time using high speed clips in my videos. If I don't slow the speed down (keep at 1 in the speed tool) it renders out fine.

Any ideas? Thx.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2022 21:24

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In Preferences/General set it to a 60 fps drop frame. In the Video Speed Designer/Settings, check the box to Apply interpolated technology which is available at 0.250.
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In Preferences/General set it to a 60 fps drop frame. In the Video Speed Designer/Settings, check the box to Apply interpolated technology which is available at 0.250.

Thx for the reply. But if I turn off hardware preview, no shadow files, no hardware producing, it produced the file fine. I will look into your suggestions. Thx.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day 2dguy -

It beats me, but I can't replicate your issue at all... whatever settings I use.

Tested on 2 different PCs - one with PDR365 & the other with PDR21.

Using a 120fps (actually 119.880fps) clip from my GoPro 7, I followed your steps (repeatedly). Cropped... applied video speed to a segment (0.25)... Every single produced file plays back flawlessly, with not a hint of choppiness.

Render by Profile analyser (2.7K/119.879997fps) or 2.7K/30fps) - no problem
Render using HA or not - no problem
Use tomasc's suggestions or not - no problem

Sorry - I know that's of no help to you.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!