Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Are you trying to use a Menu? Usually a no menu disc will loop. You can select no menu in PD 10.

From help "Note: if you do not want to include a menu on your final disc, select the No Menu template in the menu library."

It is easier to find if you select "General" menus.

No, no menus are involved.

The looped DVD I made by adjusting the files using IFOEdit work just fine in a cheap $10 DVD player, and also in the computer, but for some reason, will not work in my home Protron DVD recorder. The DVD recorder only records using DVD+R. I have made the looping DVDs using DVD-R; not sure if that may have something to do with it not working in a DVD+R unit for playback.
Is there a way, pre-production (making the DVD) to instruct the program to make a 'loop DVD'? Or can this only be done post-production after making the first hard copy?

My initial DVD (non-looped) works fine. I then used IFOEdit to make the appropriate changes for a 'looping' DVD, but when I place it in the DVD player, it gives me a Disc Error, and won't play anything.

EDIT; it could be my DVD recorder / player? When I put the looped DVDs back in the computer, they work just as expected, but in the Protron DVD recorder / player, they don't work at all. Strange?

Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks
Quote: 'You asked "Is this limited to a single transition type, or can multiple / assorted transitions be applied simultaneously to the entire timeline of pics? "

If you looked at the posted image, you would have seen the options - random, fade, etc.

Please at least open the image and look at it before asking a questions that the image would have answered.

Thank you, sorry. I'm posting from my phone, and couldn't open the .bin file and view on phone. Apologies.
Quote:
Quote: After arranging pics in timeline, is there a way to have the PD10 automatically apply transitions only to the pics, without using the Magic Movie Wiz? Or do they have to be applied individually? We are looking at a slide show of over 300 pics, and doing them all individually will take quite some time. We have our own music for the show, and do not want the program to automatically apply / pick music for us.

Also, when applying transitions, do the transitions increase the run time of the show, or is the run time only dependent upon the length of each individual slide, and the transitions are not taken into account?

Thank you.

How to do it is well hidden. See attachment. Ignore the word "Video" it also works for images. It says fades because I have a fade type transition as my favorite.

It depends on the type of transition some will even shorten the length of the show. Play with the type of transition to get what each does. Read the second file from the help menu. Sorry about what it looks like.

Thank you for your contribution; I will take a closer look at your listed download instructions.

Is this limited to a single transition type, or can multiple / assorted transitions be applied simultaneously to the entire timeline of pics?

Thank you again.
Quote: The answer is no.

'No' to the first ?, second ?, or both?

Thank you.
After arranging pics in timeline, is there a way to have the PD10 automatically apply transitions only to the pics, without using the Magic Movie Wiz? Or do they have to be applied individually? We are looking at a slide show of over 300 pics, and doing them all individually will take quite some time. We have our own music for the show, and do not want the program to automatically apply / pick music for us.

Also, when applying transitions, do the transitions increase the run time of the show, or is the run time only dependent upon the length of each individual slide, and the transitions are not taken into account?

Thank you.
Wondering if anyone here happens to use PD10 in conjunction with a Canon HF series SD media-only camcorder.

The AVCHD format that Canon records to is somewhat problematic when trying to get the recorded videos from the camera to the computer to be recognized for editing. Even the Pixela software that came with the HF100 is undesireable, and unpredictible.

Wanting to know if anyone has experience using PD10 to capture and transfer AVCHD format from camera to PC, and whether your experience is pos or neg.

Thank you to all who respond.
I have PD7.

Have production all finished and am ready to burn.

Is there a way when creating the disc, to make it a continuous loop, so I don't have to restart it to show again?

If yes, please explain the steps involved.

Thank you,

Robert
Well, that's funny, because that's not how it happened when I did my very first transfer and that big project back in May.

I connected the camera via the A/V out mini jack through the composite RCAs to the Diamond VC500 device, which is connected to the computer on the other end via USB.

PD7 recognized the camera as a device through this whole process with being shut down and opened back up multiple times within a month.

So, you're saying that that was all a fluke or something?

I would have to check if the device came with transfer software, or look at the Diamond site again to see if there is any, because frankly, I that's not how I did it 7 months ago...Will try your suggestion and report back.
It's been since May since I've used PD7. Back then, I created a project that took a couple weeks, starting and ending the program.

I'm using a Song TRV-118 camcorder, connected to the PC with WinXP via Diamond VC500 USB video capture device.

I've uninstalled VC500 driver, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted.

However, after starting PD7, and having the camera connected to the USB with the VC500 capture device, PD7 does not recognize / show my camera as a device to transfer video to the program.

I went to the Diamond site and downloaded the most current (only) driver listed for the VC500 when I did the reinstall for the device.

PD7 did not pop-up any available updates for the program when it was started

Any ideas.
Our kids are creating a soundtrack for a human drama.

I showed them how to use PD7 to edit / trim cd audio tracks to create the soundtrack.

However, when I went to build / burn, the program would not accept a CD-ROM as media, and I had to use a DVD, but when I tried the final disc, it obviously wouldn't play in a CD player.

Is there a way to save this project or convert the file so that it could be recognized as a .wma or sound file to played on a CD in a regular CD player?

Or can anyone recommend a program that we can save this .pds file project to burn to a CD?

Thanks.
Quote:
Quote: Any ideas?

Back to basics:

Uninstall reinstall PD
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART C

SHUT DOWN background programs that may be causing you issues - prevent net access to auto update programs (manually decide).

save regularily
call media from short address locations
process on a fast internal drive
allow sufficient space on Hard Drives
kick yourself
apply a patch: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6466.page

Read PART D

Some of the above might help

Dafydd
PS I forgot one essential .... re-program the operator

Now that I am done with my project, I will try uninstall and reinstall

I will check the links you provided for patches

After it shut down a couple of times, I took it upon myself to discontinue running any other programs. The only active program was PD7.

And I also got into the habit of saving my work progress about every five minutes, because I never knew when it was going to shut down. I also saved the work to two independent files.

Plenty of HDD space. I'm working with 2 120Gb drives. My PD files were not even 5Mb in size.

Thank you for your assistance. Also apologize for double-posting my last query that you replied to that wasted your time. Will not do so in the future.

Will try the above link / patch suggestions and update on solution.
Does anyone have stability problems with PD7?

I can work for a short time, or sometimes for 5 or 10 minutes, and then PD7 thinks there is something wrong, and states that there was a problem and needs to close.

I have the latest build, according to the site, and I have all latest Windows updates, etc. Running Windows XP Pro.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Robert
The disc I am speaking of is just the first copy from PD7 to IMGBurn. It's the first disc I've ever created, outlayed, edited, etc., then burned. As before, I am a burning newbie.

I do have someone at the school that has offered the services of duplicating the discs. He stated that he can do 20 at one time.

But the problem still remains, how do I know that if all are 'mass copied' that they will play in different peoples' machines? or don't I?

What settings in IMGBurn can I set / select to ensure the 'most stable and reliable' final product.

I, along with all who create, edit and burn, want my final product to be a readable good-to-excellent product for all who view, and for it to work in all machines.

What can I do? As above, what are the most optimal IMGBurn settings?

I want to continue to use IMGBurn, as it seemed to produce a good first copy, as compared to PD7. It even took about 30 mins, compared to over 2hrs in PD7.

Again, your experience and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Robert
I finished creating project in PD7.

Upon previous help post, I burned with IMGBurn, instead of PD7 due to an earlier final disc problem.

Now, after burning with IMG, the DVD will play in one of my DVD players, but not in a different one.

And, putting it in the computer and playing with WMP, all I get is the menu page, and cannot select any chapter, or play the video. All I get is the menu page and the music repeating.

Why would DVD play in one player, but not in another?

I'm making 100 of the DVDs for a school project, and I would like them ALL to work for the many people who will be receiving them.

I am going to try and view with Nero Show Time, per a previous help post. If I can navigate the DVD with Show Time, is there ANY reason that it would not play in any random DVD player?

Are there certain settings in IMGBurn that I should be selecting before burning the project folder to a disc?

All expertise and help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert
I will check on the Nero software. I think it came with the burner.

Will try and keep posted of results if needing further assistance.

Thanks
Just completed a project, etc and finalized. I'm frustrated and upset. I'm kind of on a timeline for this project.

Burned / saved to both file and DVD. At end of process, screen stated 'Burn Successful'

Disc is FULL of information, just short of the 4.7GB on DVD-R.

However, when I put the DVD in my DVD player to watch on TV, the player stated, Disc Error and / or Disc is Empty.

I put the DVD back in the burner to start on computer, and Windows Media Player popped up, and it showed the main menu with arrow buttons.

I'm able to go from one menu to the other, but I cannot play the video on the computer.

I need serious help here.

The first time I burned, I did at 16x and it came back with burn error, so I used a NEW disc and lowered the speed to 8x. Now both disc and file on computer have files, but I can't see video.

I selected DVD with 4.7, Smart Fit and Dolby. Enabled Video Thumbnails in Menu and VirtualSpeaker in Audio.

When I burned, I selected both 'to Disc' and 'folder'

It took just over 2hrs to complete the burning process, and stated it was successful.

System Information? 2.4GHz P4, 1.5Mb RAM, LG SuperMulti LightScribe SecurDisc burner, PowerDirector 7 build 2726

All help and expertise is urgently and greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Go to: