Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pre-production looping
Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way, pre-production (making the DVD) to instruct the program to make a 'loop DVD'? Or can this only be done post-production after making the first hard copy?

My initial DVD (non-looped) works fine. I then used IFOEdit to make the appropriate changes for a 'looping' DVD, but when I place it in the DVD player, it gives me a Disc Error, and won't play anything.

EDIT; it could be my DVD recorder / player? When I put the looped DVDs back in the computer, they work just as expected, but in the Protron DVD recorder / player, they don't work at all. Strange?

Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2012 08:55

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Are you trying to use a Menu? Usually a no menu disc will loop. You can select no menu in PD 10.

From help "Note: if you do not want to include a menu on your final disc, select the No Menu template in the menu library."

It is easier to find if you select "General" menus.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2012 12:36

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Are you trying to use a Menu? Usually a no menu disc will loop. You can select no menu in PD 10.

From help "Note: if you do not want to include a menu on your final disc, select the No Menu template in the menu library."

It is easier to find if you select "General" menus.

No, no menus are involved.

The looped DVD I made by adjusting the files using IFOEdit work just fine in a cheap $10 DVD player, and also in the computer, but for some reason, will not work in my home Protron DVD recorder. The DVD recorder only records using DVD+R. I have made the looping DVDs using DVD-R; not sure if that may have something to do with it not working in a DVD+R unit for playback.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The easiest solution is not to use the Proton Recorder !

Seriously, higher end players often have issues with home burned DVDs. They seem to be more particular with what is fed to them.

Why don't you try making a no menu DVD using only PD? You may get different performance. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.