Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 no longer recognizes my camcorder
Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
It's been since May since I've used PD7. Back then, I created a project that took a couple weeks, starting and ending the program.

I'm using a Song TRV-118 camcorder, connected to the PC with WinXP via Diamond VC500 USB video capture device.

I've uninstalled VC500 driver, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted.

However, after starting PD7, and having the camera connected to the USB with the VC500 capture device, PD7 does not recognize / show my camera as a device to transfer video to the program.

I went to the Diamond site and downloaded the most current (only) driver listed for the VC500 when I did the reinstall for the device.

PD7 did not pop-up any available updates for the program when it was started

Any ideas.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

CyberLink PowerDirector won't recognize your camcorder using this device. It looks for camcorders connected with a FireWire cable

You must first transfer the files to your hard drive using this device and then from there, just import the video files like you normally do. I am sure it came with a software to help you do this...right?

Hope that helps,

Regards,

David

Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Well, that's funny, because that's not how it happened when I did my very first transfer and that big project back in May.

I connected the camera via the A/V out mini jack through the composite RCAs to the Diamond VC500 device, which is connected to the computer on the other end via USB.

PD7 recognized the camera as a device through this whole process with being shut down and opened back up multiple times within a month.

So, you're saying that that was all a fluke or something?

I would have to check if the device came with transfer software, or look at the Diamond site again to see if there is any, because frankly, I that's not how I did it 7 months ago...Will try your suggestion and report back.