Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Applying transitions in slide show ?
Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
After arranging pics in timeline, is there a way to have the PD10 automatically apply transitions only to the pics, without using the Magic Movie Wiz? Or do they have to be applied individually? We are looking at a slide show of over 300 pics, and doing them all individually will take quite some time. We have our own music for the show, and do not want the program to automatically apply / pick music for us.

Also, when applying transitions, do the transitions increase the run time of the show, or is the run time only dependent upon the length of each individual slide, and the transitions are not taken into account?

Thank you.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
The answer is no. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: After arranging pics in timeline, is there a way to have the PD10 automatically apply transitions only to the pics, without using the Magic Movie Wiz? Or do they have to be applied individually? We are looking at a slide show of over 300 pics, and doing them all individually will take quite some time. We have our own music for the show, and do not want the program to automatically apply / pick music for us.

Also, when applying transitions, do the transitions increase the run time of the show, or is the run time only dependent upon the length of each individual slide, and the transitions are not taken into account?

Thank you.

How to do it is well hidden. See attachment. Ignore the word "Video" it also works for images. It says fades because I have a fade type transition as my favorite.

It depends on the type of transition some will even shorten the length of the show. Play with the type of transition to get what each does. Read the second file from the help menu. Sorry about what it looks like.

[Thumb - transitions to all.jpg]
 Filename
transitions to all.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
How to add transitions to all images.
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
180 time(s)
[Thumb - transition_behavior.png]
 Filename
transition_behavior.png
[Disk]
 Description
Transition Behavior
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
174 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2012 12:34

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Robert68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The answer is no.

'No' to the first ?, second ?, or both?

Thank you.
Robert68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: After arranging pics in timeline, is there a way to have the PD10 automatically apply transitions only to the pics, without using the Magic Movie Wiz? Or do they have to be applied individually? We are looking at a slide show of over 300 pics, and doing them all individually will take quite some time. We have our own music for the show, and do not want the program to automatically apply / pick music for us.

Thank you.

How to do it is well hidden. See attachment. Ignore the word "Video" it also works for images. It says fades because I have a fade type transition as my favorite.

It depends on the type of transition some will even shorten the length of the show. Play with the type of transition to get what each does. Read the second file from the help menu. Sorry about what it looks like.

Thank you for your contribution; I will take a closer look at your listed download instructions.

Is this limited to a single transition type, or can multiple / assorted transitions be applied simultaneously to the entire timeline of pics?

Thank you again.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
'You asked "Is this limited to a single transition type, or can multiple / assorted transitions be applied simultaneously to the entire timeline of pics? "

If you looked at the posted image, you would have seen the options - random, fade, etc.

Please at least open the image and look at it before asking a questions that the image would have answered.

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Robert68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: 'You asked "Is this limited to a single transition type, or can multiple / assorted transitions be applied simultaneously to the entire timeline of pics? "

If you looked at the posted image, you would have seen the options - random, fade, etc.

Please at least open the image and look at it before asking a questions that the image would have answered.

Thank you, sorry. I'm posting from my phone, and couldn't open the .bin file and view on phone. Apologies.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: 'You asked "Is this limited to a single transition type, or can multiple / assorted transitions be applied simultaneously to the entire timeline of pics? "

Thank you, sorry. I'm posting from my phone, and couldn't open the .bin file and view on phone. Apologies.

Damn cell (smart?) phones ! No problem! .
[Post New]
OI stevek

To help make the image appear directly posted on their response.
After adding your answer, Edit, click with right mouse on the link of the photo, select Copy Link.
Press Img button, Paste the link, Img button again.
Visualize the message to checked, OK

[Thumb - all trasitions.jpg]
 Filename
all trasitions.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
329 time(s)
[Thumb - selected trasitions.jpg]
 Filename
selected trasitions.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
112 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
312 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 26. 2012 15:22

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
No to 1st PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

[Post New]
Robert68
After arranging pics in timeline, is there a way to have the PD10 automatically apply transitions only to the pics, without using the Magic Movie Wiz?

The PD10 transition applies to everything in the timeline, what I do in this case, pictures in a band, videos in another band at the end with everything in range (1) or not.
The use of two or more bands, can lock the band that will not apply transition.