Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HELP! Please...Burning Question...Troubleshooting
Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Just completed a project, etc and finalized. I'm frustrated and upset. I'm kind of on a timeline for this project.

Burned / saved to both file and DVD. At end of process, screen stated 'Burn Successful'

Disc is FULL of information, just short of the 4.7GB on DVD-R.

However, when I put the DVD in my DVD player to watch on TV, the player stated, Disc Error and / or Disc is Empty.

I put the DVD back in the burner to start on computer, and Windows Media Player popped up, and it showed the main menu with arrow buttons.

I'm able to go from one menu to the other, but I cannot play the video on the computer.

I need serious help here.

The first time I burned, I did at 16x and it came back with burn error, so I used a NEW disc and lowered the speed to 8x. Now both disc and file on computer have files, but I can't see video.

I selected DVD with 4.7, Smart Fit and Dolby. Enabled Video Thumbnails in Menu and VirtualSpeaker in Audio.

When I burned, I selected both 'to Disc' and 'folder'

It took just over 2hrs to complete the burning process, and stated it was successful.

System Information? 2.4GHz P4, 1.5Mb RAM, LG SuperMulti LightScribe SecurDisc burner, PowerDirector 7 build 2726

All help and expertise is urgently and greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Do you have Nero or equivalent on your PC ie software apart from PD to burn discs?

If so try using the other burning software to burn the DVD folder you created.
The PowerDirector burn module is flawed and puts up lots of errors and has incomplete burns. These problems seem intermittent hence the trouble I suspect for Cyberlink to track down the problem(s).

For what it is worth, if I use the PD create disc module I always
1. burn to folder
2. check the disc structure using Nero Showtime then
3. use Imgburn (freeware) to actually burn the physical disc.

Hope this helps

Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I will check on the Nero software. I think it came with the burner.

Will try and keep posted of results if needing further assistance.

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,
Please do not duplicate post your issues (or with different topic headings) - there is absolutely no need to do so.

I wasted my time answering your other post which I have now deleted!

Dafydd
[Moderator]