Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing .MOV again
TravisJ [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 12, 2019 21:02 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Yesterday, I opened my Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 that I bought and installed on my laptop back in 2019. But today, the prompt encouraged me to update to the new CyberLink 365 2024 Windows. I did it sort of " just because", but I may need to roll back to my previous version. I just want to Import a .MOV file that someone sent me from their iPhone, and tag it with a logo. But right now, this thing is trying to get me get some sort of Premium upgrade in order to pull-in a .MOV file. I think I could import-in a .MOV file this with my previous version of CyberLink PowerDirector without having to purchase the Premium version, so how can I roll-back to my previous version of the software?
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yesterday, I opened my Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 that I bought and installed on my laptop back in 2019. But today, the prompt encouraged me to update to the new CyberLink 365 2024 Windows. I did it sort of " just because", but I may need to roll back to my previous version. I just want to Import a .MOV file that someone sent me from their iPhone, and tag it with a logo. But right now, this thing is trying to get me get some sort of Premium upgrade in order to pull-in a .MOV file. I think I could import-in a .MOV file this with my previous version of CyberLink PowerDirector without having to purchase the Premium version, so how can I roll-back to my previous version of the software?

If you are on a Windows PC and have a restore point prior to the upgrade you can move back to the earlier restore point. It's not an elegant solution but it might work.

Jim
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yesterday, I opened my Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 that I bought and installed on my laptop back in 2019. But today, the prompt encouraged me to update to the new CyberLink 365 2024 Windows. I did it sort of " just because", but I may need to roll back to my previous version. I just want to Import a .MOV file that someone sent me from their iPhone, and tag it with a logo. But right now, this thing is trying to get me get some sort of Premium upgrade in order to pull-in a .MOV file. I think I could import-in a .MOV file this with my previous version of CyberLink PowerDirector without having to purchase the Premium version, so how can I roll-back to my previous version of the software?

I would kind of doubt you would have lost your perpetual key PD17, are you sure you can't still launch it?

Jeff
TravisJ [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 12, 2019 21:02 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]

I would kind of doubt you would have lost your perpetual key PD17, are you sure you can't still launch it?

Jeff

@JL_JL— Fantastic; it *did* still launch. Haha, in my old days, I knew other software could open multiple versions lots of times. I just definitely thought nowadays, companies have almost gotten absolute about roping it all into a subscription-based thing, and "what's done is done, you better pay monthly and pay now" mindset that had fully taken over. But yes, my version 17 launched, and I'm able to import this .MOV file. I shoulda just tried that anyway. Thank you, you rock.

Love CyberLink PowerDirector forums! Learned a lot from you folks!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 05. 2023 16:19

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TravisJ -

I'm not sure what's happening there with your PDR 365 2024 version & iPhone .MOV files, but I'm not having the same issues with mine.

.MOV files from iPhone X, 11 & 12 all import & run correctly here, without it asking me to "get some sort of Premium upgrade".

Anyway - you have a simple resolution to your issue (i.e. PDR17)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi TravisJ -

I'm not sure what's happening there with your PDR 365 2024 version & iPhone .MOV files, but I'm not having the same issues with mine.

.MOV files from iPhone X, 11 & 12 all import & run correctly here, without it asking me to "get some sort of Premium upgrade".

Anyway - you have a simple resolution to your issue (i.e. PDR17)

Cheers - Tony

Hard to really guess accurately, but I suspect OP never really had the PD 365/2024 version you reference since a "update" to 2024 from PD17 is really not available. I suspect OP got like the "Essential" free version of 2024 as a tease or something and it's always hard knowing precisely what all the limitations are of such a version. Not supporting iPhone .MOV files could easily be one such limitation.

Jeff