Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the input but I only work in 16 X 9 these days (and preferably in HD); so I'm very conscious of downloading only those types of Menus.

This is really odd behaviour for PD 12.

Any more ideas?
I'm asking the same question here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31385.page
RM123,

My experience with a few of these Video Authoring type programs is they routinely have poor disk burning capability. (I have no clue as to why => as disk burning is certainly not a new technology.) I don't even bother with this portion of them as they all seem to have a Create Disc in a Folder type function. I use a free program called Img Burn to burn these files to disk => and it's fabulous. Every Project I've done I test first using the Create Disc in a Folder method, and then if that works I burn it with Img Burn to a RW type disk. If that checks out in my set top players, I burn it onto permanent type disks (BD-R or DVDs). It prevents making a pile of Coasters.

Like you I get frustrated with bad software. It's like we can't seem to buy one that works the first time as advertised. It seems the (low) standard is to roll out Beta versions on your paying Customers and have them test it and report the Bugs. I wish it was different, but sadly, it's now the norm.

On the upside, I find the PowerDirector series has been by far the best that I've checked out.
I guess no one else is chiming in so I've asked my nephew to try it on his new Gamer Box on a separate drive. Maybe he can get it to work.
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the comment. I reimaged the OCZ SSD and tried again, this time with the 12.0.2230.0 Trial version and still no Joy! I am using NVidia 331.65 Driver so that should be no issue.

I'm lost as to why this occurs.

Any other suggestions?
Hi Gurus,

I'm back again after a while without doing much video editing. I finished my new Box, so for reference here's the basic hardware I'm working with at the moment:

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs only => no anti virus or other non-related programs- I may switch this around to a different drive later.)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card

I've downloaded the Trial Software some time ago (CyberLinkPowerDirectorUltimateSuite12.0_Trial_PUS130909-02_TR130910-034.exe) and decided to try it today on a clean image (on the OCZ drive with Windows 7 Pro - Service Pack 1- of course I have full Admin rights.).

One of the first things I wanted to do was import a few Menus I have from previous versions. But no joy. I went to Create Disk, Menu Preferences, and opened the Folder where I kept all of my "old" Menus (menu_name.dzm) and "double-clicked" a menu and got the message it was successfully installed, and ready to be used, but it doesn't appear in All Templates or anywhere else I looked. My memory is this was how it was done routinely in past versions. So I tried downloading a new Menu from the Director Zone. It was a routine download but it wasn't there under All Templates either after the success message.

Sorry if this seems too lame, but can you please advise what's going on?

Thanks for the assist.

Thanks for the tip James. I think I remember that the location for the temp files was configurable. (At least last I checked :roll. Maybe the Admin will chime in and confirm one way or the other.

If the small SSD is an issue, I could put PD11 onto it's own dedicated drive along with Win 7 and only the software needed to make the BluRay Disks => I did this before to avoid conflicts and speed up rendering. It worked well. I have lots of SATA 2 HDs but only the 2 SATA 3 so far.

But I did want to see if I could make it all work. I don't game anymore, and so a 128 Gig C Drive is plenty. My current image is only 55 gigs on a 100 Gig Partition.
Hi John,

Thanks for the info. My son is a Gamer, and I built him a Gamer box a while ago (December 2011). The Gigabyte nVidia GTX-560 was in it originally and is now "surplus" as we got him a GTX-660 replacement last Christmas.

I had read somewhere that a separate video card may not be the right answer for video rendering and these new Intel Chips. Hence the Question.

Maybe I should just test it, but I thought one of the Folks here would have all that well behind them.
Gents,

Just a quick question as I'm building a new Rig and want it to be able to handle PD11 when making Blu Ray Movies from my Sony HD Camera, without any issues.

So far it's an Intel Haswell 4770K CPU; Asus Z87-A Motherboard, 16 Gigs of Corsair Vendgance Blue DDR3 1600 Ram, a Plextor 128GB SSD M5 Pro Xtreme 2.5 SATA3 6GB/S, Seagate 1 TB Barracuda 7200 RPM, 64 MB SATA3 6GB/S Hard Drive (for Data), a Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

Will the on board Intel 4600 Graphics be able to handle it? Or should I install a Gigabyte nVidia GTX-560? (I'm going to run Win 7 => as so far Win 8 seems painful without a touch sceen.)

Thanks for the info.
Thanks! I'll check it out.
I ripped the whole BluRay to a hard Drive both as an ISO which is mountable and play and also with folders. (I've got lots of Drves and storage.)

Which folders would you import? Stream? Is the Audio embedded and come with the video?
It's not encripted.
Folks,

I just had a wild idea.

I vaguely remember in prior versions you could import DVD files into a Project. I've been banging my head against the wall with DVDFab to try and back up an Elton John - The Red Piano BluRay I've got. So far that progam certainly doesn't work (at least for me :roll.

Could I import the BluRay files into a PD Project, convert the Audio to AC3, as well as make workable Menus for each Chapter? I just need the Main Movie on this one.

Or am I too off the wall here...
Gents,

I'm a fan of Lightscribe as well.

Unfortunately I don't think any one makes a BluRay Lightscribe Disc yet.
Glad to be of Help. I too think PD9 is a good program.
But there is still room for growth.
Bill,

My experience is you can never significantly improve the captured video regardless of output format. My old VHS video still looks crappy no matter what I do to it, similarly my old DV tapes look like DV, and my HD stuff from my Sony looks great.

However, the nuances you are looking at here may be different. I bow to those with far more experience in various HD format output than I.
I too had some issues and had to adjust this in preferences. (I'm pretty sure it's not enabled by default.)

I know if you do not enable it and want to insert a photo, video, etc., into the timeline; the audio does not shift the same amount and therefore the audio / video to the right of the insertion point gets out of synch.
Philly Bill,

According to Wikipedia "AVCHD has been designed to be compatible with Blu-ray Disc format, and can be used for distribution of high definition video, albeit with reduced quality and interactivity compared to Blu-ray Disc"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD

JL,

You were correct about the number of Buttons allowed. I just had to set the type to HQ DVD first before tying to accept the modified Menu.

So far, this is working pretty well.

Thanks for the assist.
Gents,

I think the Question was "Do you think it is worth the investment to move up to Blu-Ray burner for my PC? ".

My answer is yes. If you make BD disks you won't have to worry much about the ability of the Blue Ray Players to play BD format. I'm nervous making AVCHD disks even though my PS3 plays them marvelously. But if I take them to the Cabin I doubt the Samsung HT-BD1250 will do the same?

So if you want to share your masterpieces with Grandma, or you nephew, I'd go for the Blue Ray Burner.
Go to: