Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you make Menu Buttons more pronounced on DVDs?
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Folks,

I've reviewed the Tutorial on line, and read the manual, but I still can't figure out how to make the Scene Buttons more pronounced when they are the "active" button.

I started with the Menu downloaded here:

I edited the chapters /scenes page and put on 4 buttons per page as per the good tutorial. But I can't tell which one is active when I test the menu, so it will be a real crapshoot when I burn it to DVD.

I've tried various settings with no results. Is there a page where more detailed menus button editing is shown?

Thanks for the assist.

Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Folks,

No worries, I sorted it out myself, after watchimg a PD7 tutorial on Menus. The instructor in the video casually mentions "Frames" around the Buttons, and that's what the Menu I downloaded didn't have, so when I changed the Highlite to a yellow box when active there was nothing for it to highlite.

I just had to put a Frame around the buttons and I was good to go.

This time the hour long HQ DVD took only 35 minutes to render into Folders. That's very impressive! The Buttons looked great

Now if I only knew how to get more than 4 Chapter Buttons on the screen at one time... Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
To add another chapter button to the page, simply edit the template in Menu Designer and add another button. Arrange the new item to your liking. See attached pic for add button icon location.

Jeff
[Thumb - JL_pd9 menu buttons.png]
 Filename
JL_pd9 menu buttons.png
[Disk]
 Description
add button
 Filesize
1307 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
148 time(s)
-Jim-
[Post New]
Thanks for the Post JL.

I know how to add buttons, but I vaguely remember their was some sort of 4 button limit in PD8. When I tried to put 6 moving video Buttons on my Chapter Page (in PD9) everything looked great when I saved it. But when I put it into the Video before rendering, and test it, it showed only 4 buttons.

Is there any limit on how many Buttons for Chapters you can have? In my case I've got 11 Chapters and would like to have only 2 pages of them and not 3. This time it was a DVD I am making, but I plan to use my next iteration of it on a BD-R as I've got a Blue Ray Burner in my Box.

Thanks for the assist.

Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
6 buttons for DVD-HQ
4 buttons for BD
If more chapters than listed above you will just get another menu page with another 4 or 6 buttons.

Jeff
-Jim-
[Post New]
JL,

You were correct about the number of Buttons allowed. I just had to set the type to HQ DVD first before tying to accept the modified Menu.

So far, this is working pretty well.

Thanks for the assist. Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU
saxman48 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: SF Bay Area Joined: Jan 20, 2011 00:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Folks,

No worries, I sorted it out myself, after watchimg a PD7 tutorial on Menus. The instructor in the video casually mentions "Frames" around the Buttons, and that's what the Menu I downloaded didn't have, so when I changed the Highlite to a yellow box when active there was nothing for it to highlite.

I just had to put a Frame around the buttons and I was good to go.

This time the hour long HQ DVD took only 35 minutes to render into Folders. That's very impressive! The Buttons looked great

Now if I only knew how to get more than 4 Chapter Buttons on the screen at one time...

I wanted to thank you for sorting it out! I faced the same issue and when I found your post I was jazzed I followed your suggestion and checked out the PD7 tutorial you mentioned. Problem solved, and it was so easy. PD9 Ultra is so awesome! Thanks for your help!
- Steve
-Jim-
[Post New]
Glad to be of Help. I too think PD9 is a good program.
But there is still room for growth. Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU