Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Import / Application Issue
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gurus,

I'm back again after a while without doing much video editing. I finished my new Box, so for reference here's the basic hardware I'm working with at the moment:

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs only => no anti virus or other non-related programs- I may switch this around to a different drive later.)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card

I've downloaded the Trial Software some time ago (CyberLinkPowerDirectorUltimateSuite12.0_Trial_PUS130909-02_TR130910-034.exe) and decided to try it today on a clean image (on the OCZ drive with Windows 7 Pro - Service Pack 1- of course I have full Admin rights.).

One of the first things I wanted to do was import a few Menus I have from previous versions. But no joy. I went to Create Disk, Menu Preferences, and opened the Folder where I kept all of my "old" Menus (menu_name.dzm) and "double-clicked" a menu and got the message it was successfully installed, and ready to be used, but it doesn't appear in All Templates or anywhere else I looked. My memory is this was how it was done routinely in past versions. So I tried downloading a new Menu from the Director Zone. It was a routine download but it wasn't there under All Templates either after the success message.

Sorry if this seems too lame, but can you please advise what's going on?

Thanks for the assist.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2013 02:59

Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If I had to guess, a couple thoughts come to mind.
1. You have and older PD 12 Trial version. Download a new more current Trial version.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/index_en_US.html

2. I do not know if the Trial version supports downloaded menus and effects.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-ultra/download_en_US.html

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the comment. I reimaged the OCZ SSD and tried again, this time with the 12.0.2230.0 Trial version and still no Joy! I am using NVidia 331.65 Driver so that should be no issue.

I'm lost as to why this occurs.

Any other suggestions? Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU
-Jim-
[Post New]
I guess no one else is chiming in so I've asked my nephew to try it on his new Gamer Box on a separate drive. Maybe he can get it to work. Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU