Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the info.

I found out that my problem was very specific and have since determined that I can transcode my files before bringing them into PD 10 U for editing.

I am good to go :-)
Thanks for the info.

I found out that my problem was very specific and have since determined that I can transcode my files before bringing them into PD 10 U for editing.

I am good to go :-)
Carl312 and other senior people here have a lot of experience so please follow their insight.

I was hoping to see something that pointed to some driver software that was recognizable. Sorry that there was no really apparent pointer to something that you could try to do to work around the problem.
Thanks for the confirmation regarding poor handling of the VOB files. I was concerned about my system's ability to run PD 10 U but once the problem was found to be limited to that container type, things are rosy again.
I found a workaround. Transcode the VOB into an MP4 before bringing it into the project. The sound track is then correctly synced and the clip can be edited with PD 10 U.

I found a really simple, fast and free VOB -> MP4 transcoder at: http://www.winxdvd.com/vob-to-mp4/

Now I can stay with PD 10 U. I did submit the problem to tech support so, hopefully, CL will squish that bug soon.
How about capturing what you get when you click on "what does this report contain?".

If you want to attach the text report to a post, we could take a quick look for clues. There are probably a couple of us software engineers that would be curious about it.
Hi Nina,

That's a great method- burn to DVD after downloading. I have PD back to 7 in backed-up folders on my hard drive. But I was overconfident when going to PD 9 U and overwrote my PD 9 folder. My backups are only good for 2 months so here I am on Christmas eve wishing I had a replay button. Santa ? ;

Looks like customer support is the next stop.

Merry Christmas
I start with one or more VOB files. To verify them, I open any one of them with Windows Classic Player from the KLite package. They all look and sound good throughout their duration.

Start a new project in PD 10 and add one or all of the VOBs. When I click on one and view it in the preview window, again everything is good. In particular, I can move to the end of the video and the audio is in sync with the video. However, when I drag one of the VOBs onto the timeline and preview it, the audio starts in sync but, as the video plays, it becomes increasingly out of sync with the video. This behavior is entirely reproducible with the same VOB and across all VOBs. If I string the VOBs together on the timeline, the audio is really out of sync by the end of the video. If I produce the project, the audio/video behavior is the same as the preview behavior.

I started with the original version of PD 10, and applied to two updates supplied to date. I've updated to the latest set of KLite 32 and 64 bit codecs. Updated the ATI drivers for my Radeon 5670 card. I've also systematically turned off any hardware decoding/encoding options in various combinations. My AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor is still respectable and my SATA disk array has terabytes of free space. I uninstalled PD 10, cleaned the registry (CCleaner), installed PD 10 and applied only the last patch. Same behavior. I've attached the DxDiag file if anyone is interested.

Since finding that the preview of the content matches what I am producing, I've ruled out any influences of the production process. So, it's not related to choosing MP2 over MP4, or any selection of audio/video parameters related to production. There appears to be an intrinsic problem with handling VOB files.

I am now attempting to revert back to PD 9 as I didn't have these issues until I want to PD 10. I did change to the Ultra edition when I went from 9 to 10 so maybe I wouldn't have the problem with the 32 bit edition. I've been slowly dealing with this issue over the last couple of months hoping that the problem would be identified and fixed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can try things until I figure out how to get back to PD 9.

Windows 7 Pro. Athlon AMD 64 x2 dual core. Terabytes of storage. 4 GB memory.
I need to have a PD that works across many different types of input sources and I am having a problem with one of them with the PD 10 64 bit version on my machine. The issue is with VOB files. The sound/video sync starts off correctly but becomes further off sync as the rendering continues. This behavior is also noticeable by simply previewing on the timeline.

After I started my move to PD 10 in June of this year, I got rid of my PD 9 materials. Actually, I overwrote my original download while unsuccessfully going to PD 9 x64 Ultra. I have since returned my digital purchase of PD 9 U so I am unable to return to PD 9 with what I have on hand.

I see under my account management that I have a CD key for PD 9. The question is, where can I go to download a PD 9 32bit that I can unlock with my existing key?
Why is it that a search after posting a message gives results that were not found before posting?

I see a couple of threads addressing this issue.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20133.page#106519
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17939.page

It looks like I can edit the Profile.ini file and adjust the bitrate there.

Folks at CyberLink - It would be nice to have a custom profile builder program.

I think I have the answer to my question. Thanks.
I'm encoding dvd video for my android devices. I've got the LG Slate (7.1" tablet) and the Samsung Galaxy S II. I cannot push a high bitrate through them and I need to keep the file sizes below ~2GB.

Looking at the MP4 encoding options, I can set an average bitrate of 768-14000 Kbps when the frame size is 720 x 480. That's fine because I want to use a bitrate of about 1500-2000.

Some simple math says that there is 2.7 times as many pixels at the higher resolution than the lower. Using 2.7 * 1500 (desired rate at lower resolution) says I should be looking for a bit rate of ~4000 at the higher resolution.

What I find curious is that, when I change the frame size to 1280 x 720, I see the bitrate range limited to 6000-30000. Why is PD limiting the min rate to 6000? Is there a way for me to coax PD into being a little more flexible with that number?
Problem solved. Pay for the program!

The retail version allows me to select an MPEG codec and set the bitrate when creating the .MPEG2 production. The audio is then MPEG-1 Layer 2. I'd rather it be AC3 but sometimes you have to compromise.

I now also see what vn800rider meant about unchecking Dolby before going onto the property page. If you don't, you only see the Dolby choice.

Hi vn800rider, thanks for the reply.

What you wrote makes perfect sense. You can choose different codecs and bitrates.

Maybe it's the evaluation copy of the program that I have? I am downloading the Deluxe version just purchased from CyberLink now. I hope it's that and not the fact that I am running Vista x64 Ultimate. I did have to hunt down codec packs when I first installed it in late 2007. I just updated those packs today.

I see you have the Ultra rather than Deluxe. I hope that's not the difference because I just purchased the Deluxe version. I didn't think that I would need the AVCHD or BD features yet.

I guess this makes it official, I just jumped ship from Roxio after many years. I like what I see so far with PD (with the exception of the limited codec selection). The video editing is much faster. There are also far fewer tentacles into my system. My next task will be to burn a few test discs and see if all the devices around the house like them. Then I'll try to round trip the disc ISO image through UltraISO to see if I can embed folders on the disk. (So I can add additional content for those that read the disk via a PC.)

I'll let you know if I get the anticipated codes in the retail version.
Hi all, here is my problem.

I have a finicky program that won't convert certain mpg files. Using GSpot, I think I've traced the problem down to the encoding of the audio. It seems that if the audio is encoded as MPEG-1 Layer 2 then the file will convert. However, if the audio is AC3, they won't.

Helpful readers, please don't suggest using a different transcoding program - I am familiar with several. I would appreciate it if we could keep the discussion focused on PD 7. Thanks

So, here is the question. When I use PD 7 to produce an .MPEG2 file, can I change the audio compression to something other than Dolby Digital (AC3)? I would really like to use MPEG-1 Layer 2. (I've tried to get there via a custom profile using the Audio tab on the Profile Set dialog.) Is there any way at all to get PD to recognize other audio codecs?

Would this be a feature of the Ultra version and not the Deluxe?

Addendum: I found a suggestion for changing the audio codec when burning a disk at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/3522.page#14546. In the associated illustration, I see MPEG showing up as an option. When I look there, I see only LPCM and Dolby Digital. What I would like to see is the Audio Compression on the Production Profile Setup dialog offer MPEG. Does that make sense?
Go to: