Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color director 5 not connected to my Powerdirector 16
Benjamin10 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2018 19:27 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded to powerdirector 16 ultimate which came with color director 5 ultra. In all the video tutorials i have been watching, the colour director is connected to the powerdirector. When you click on fix and enhance there should be some features from colour director but my powerdirector does not have those features.

Does es anyone know how to connect the programs?

Thank you!

Ben
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ben -

When you select a video and go to Fix/Enhance, does a ColorDirector link appear at the top? If so, clicking on it will send the clip to CDR.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR-CDR.png]
 Filename
PDR-CDR.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Benjamin10 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ben -

When you select a video and go to Fix/Enhance, does a ColorDirector link appear at the top? If so, clicking on it will send the clip to CDR.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

No the colour director link is not present under Fix/enhance. Also, some of the options under enhance are not there like ‘colour presets’.

Ben
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
No the colour director link is not present under Fix/enhance. Also, some of the options under enhance are not there like ‘colour presets’.

Ben

It seems PD16 is not recognizing CDR
One suggestion reinstall Color Director. Maybe it works.
Here PD16 does not have Color Director, it's because I do not have this one installed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2018 10:07

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Benjamin10 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just tried re-installing the colordirector and still doesn’t connect
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just tried re-installing the colordirector and still doesn’t connect

I suggested re-installing CD on the Previous Versions forum, but here you are saying it still doesn't work. So would you be able to reinstall PD16?
Benjamin10 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your comments! Apparently I’m a rookie and didn’t know the colour director tools only apply to videos not photos. All the tools are present in my powerdirector. I was always using photos when I was looking for them.

Problems solved! Thanks!

Ben