Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
maximum number of photo limits
Manlio13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Milan, Italy Joined: Dec 19, 2010 08:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director has a system limit of 2500 photos. As I realize timelapse video from a large amount of photos, how can I overcome this limitation ? Manlio, Milan Italy
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Power Director has a system limit of 2500 photos. As I realize timelapse video from a large amount of photos, how can I overcome this limitation ?
The 2500 photo limit is just in the library. If you put the first 2500 photos on the timeline then clear the library, you can add another 2500 images in the library.

Of coruse, you can add to the timeline each library full of images. Rinse and repeat.

As far as I know, there is no limit to the number of images on the timeline. Just do not move any images on your hard drive while you have those images on the timeline.

Be sure to save the project As at regular intervals, it is a good idea to add a incrementing number to the name.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2018 08:18

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Manlio13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Milan, Italy Joined: Dec 19, 2010 08:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
thanks, very much appreciated your hint !

The 2500 photo limit is just in the library. If you put the first 2500 photos on the timeline then clear the library, you can add another 2500 images in the library.

Of coruse, you can add to the timeline each library full of images. Rinse and repeat.

As far as I know, there is no limit to the number of images on the timeline. Just do not move any images on your hard drive while you have those images on the timeline.

Be sure to save the project file at regular intervals, it is a good idea to add a incrementing number to the name.
Manlio, Milan Italy
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Try to drag the images directly to the time line.
I do this for videos, photos and music.
I do not know how PD16 behaves for large amounts of files. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try to drag the images directly to the time line.
I do not know how PD16 behaves for large amounts of files.
Have you tried the select all images in the library then click on the icon between libray and timeline that says add selected filed to the selected track.

If you put your cursor at the end of the current images on the timeline, it will paste all the selected image at the position of the cursor.

Dragging usually woks, but this method should work everytime.
[Thumb - PD16 add selected images to timeline.PNG]
 Filename
PD16 add selected images to timeline.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Add images from library to timeline.
 Filesize
434 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try to drag the images directly to the time line.
I do not know how PD16 behaves for large amounts of files.

I didn't even know you could do that (drag media/folders directly from Windows folders to the timeline) but you can. The downside is that everything lands in the timeline in the same order as the original folder(s).

PDR still applies its 2500 limit in the library, so it doesn't overcome Manilio13's question, so Carl's instruction is the only way to go.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl312 and ynotfish
I've never even come close to using 2500 files in PD, I did not know this limit.
I think this is for anyone who does Time-lapse.
I understand that you need to clean the media room to go beyond 2500 files.
Even dragging files straight to the timeline, is also added to the media room automatically. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365