Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
fade to black?
Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I just received my PD6 in the mail and have already started creating a project. So far, I've found the program to be very user friendly. I shot a small wedding for a friend of mine and I'm creating a DVD for him. I am splitting the DVD up into different parts (i.e. Rehearsal, Pre-Wedding, Ceremony, etc.) How do I get these to come up as different choices on the DVD menu? Is this the "chapter" feature I've read about? Also, I've been trying to figure out how to fade the video to black (in and out). How is this done on PD? Thanks in advance.

Trent

One more thing. When I'm getting ready to edit a new part of the DVD (different chapter), does it automatically go on the same timeline as the first chapter? How do I separate these when editing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 25. 2007 21:53

Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Any possible answers?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Trent,

Yes use Chapters to separate your video into sections. In the Chapter room you can correspond to chapter with the time where each section of the video begins. And Yes you can edit it all in one timeline. You'll see the chapter markers in the timeline as a guide.

When you go to create your disc, each chapter will be displayed separately as thumbnails by default that will be clickable chapters (like selecting scenes on a DVD).

For fade in and out from black, use the "Fade" transition on either end of the video clip. If you want to use the color black to fade in and out too, use just insert a color board on the timeline. To find a color board, select the drop-down in the Media Room and select Color Boards. Just insert a black color board like it is a normal video...and customize it to whatever duration you want it to be fo your fade.

Hope that helps.

Dave