Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New upgrade (6 "Deluxe") to support JVC GZ-HD7 or not??
Les [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2007 17:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

What gives?!!!

I had PowerDirector 5 NE for the JVC, and when I clicked on upgrade, it sent me to this page:

Link

...which told me that the new version PowerDirector 6 supports the JVC GZ-HD7 camera in and out to and from its hard drive, just like the PowerDirector 5 NE version did.

Well, after spending the $89 to upgrade, and a three hour download, it's installed and it DOESN'T support the camera like the above webpage insists it does!

CYBERLINK...do you read these forums?....please help me out here...anyone??

And if you're thinking I haven't contacted support, I have, and they seem really dense, like they don't know what I'm talking about in my complaint...here's a quote from their support response:

>>Regarding your issue, please note that we are unable to find your records on CyberLink online registration. We request you to please provide the more information related with your concern or are there any feature missing in the software. Please send us the information so that we can assist you further. <<

Well, all my software is registered, and I do have an online registration account, so I have no idea what he's going on about. Also my original complaint showed clearly that the PowerDirector 6 was not outputting to the JVC GZ-HD7 camera as promised!

Anyone have any insights, or can help me out?
LB

Posting edited -improved the link/url display - Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 30. 2007 11:35

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Les,
I just read this one too.

Are you trying to import your files via the DV Camcorder capture option? If so, that probably won't work because your camcorder is a hard drive type. You need to simply use the import files option in the Media Library and browse to the connected camcorder like it is a hard drive.

Let me know if this helps or what the exact problem is so we can try and solve it.

Thanks

Dave
Les [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2007 17:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again Dave,

Yes it does import the .TOD file from the camera's hard drive, converting it to a program stream .MPG file which PowerDirector 6 "deluxe" does edit fine.

The problem is, once finished, there is no option to output to a .TPD file (which PowerDirector 5 NE does output), JVC's version of an "edited on a PC and then recopied to the camera" transport stream file that the camera can play back on your big screen tv!

Transport and Program stream seems uncompressed, or at least looks AWSOME on the big screen through the HDMI, so I do not want to use PowerDirector6 to output to anything else than the transport stream, you know the ole rule of thumb, DO NOT COMPRESS TWICE...I want the program PowerDirector 6 "Deluxe" to do what they say it will do ( http://www.cyberlink.com/oem/jvc/pdr6_temp_2.jsp? (note the red text)), output to the JVC GZ-HD7.

Les
Quote: Hey Les,
I just read this one too.

Are you trying to import your files via the DV Camcorder capture option? If so, that probably won't work because your camcorder is a hard drive type. You need to simply use the import files option in the Media Library and browse to the connected camcorder like it is a hard drive.

Let me know if this helps or what the exact problem is so we can try and solve it.

Thanks

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 30. 2007 11:30