Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have a cell phone video of a band playing number. The hand-held camera was moved around a little during the piece. The piano players face is hidden by an object. I want to put a PIP of the piano players face in the video, which is working fine. However as the background moves around a little, the face becomes in the wrong place.

Is there a way to do some kind of motion tracking on a PIP so that I can nudge the face around to keep it at the piano during the 2.5 minute piece. Something like the way Magic Motion works on a still image?

Thanks for whatever you can suggest.
I've added a motion tracking spotlight to a clip. I don't like how it's working. How do I remove the tracking effect? If I want to alter/edit the tracking settings, how do I get into edit mode on the motion tracker?
Google searches on this question have not led to an answer.
Thanks.
This is the kind of extra time work around I've been doing, along with others that require extra keystrokes and effort. Thanks for the suggestion, but I continue to hope CL will implemented the 2 dozen or so productivity changes I've suggested, so that taking steps like this are unecessary.
The productivity improvements myself and others have been asking for, release after release, INCLUDING SPELL CHECKER, have still failed to appear. CyberLink: Along with marketing changes planned for the next release, please go through the forums and consider the productivity improvements that the end users have been begging for.

THANKS!
Barry,

GOOD JOB!

I installed the plug-in at the link you provided. Then started PD15 and viola -- there was SmartSound with all my albums! I rebuilt the data base anway, but all the albums I had copied from \ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc on the old system to the new system are showing in PD15 and working as expected.

Like you, Magic Music was one of the primary selling points when I started with PowerDirector about version 9. I use it all the time, and have purchased about a half dozen albums for it. That CyberLink quietly removed it -- without telling the users, having it listed on the "differences" page, or nothing in the upgrade notices, is extremely disappointing. That developers like CL expect us to be loyal to them, without them being loyal to their users is why there are so many cynics in the world.

It's interesting that SmartSound is essentially free to any PD user just by installing the plug-in you found. The albums I got for it were at an extreme discount 3rd party seller, but I don't remember who as it was several years ago.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT! YOU GET THE GOLD STAR FOR THE DAY! :O)
Before I open a trouble ticket, I thought I'd run my problem through this forum...

I upgraded to a new computer and re-installed all of my commonly used software, including PD15. Can edit, render, etc. just fine (at blazing rendering speed!). However, the SmartSound functionality is missing. I never saw it install (installed all 4 files from my original install 12/16, then upgraded to latest patch). My installaion files are for an upgrade -- not a full/new install.

I copied the SmartSound directory from \ProgramData\ on the old computer to the new \ProgramData\ directory to salvage all of the SmartSound files (the old C: is now the new D:, so I still have access to everthing on the old PC). In PD15 there are no icons/menu items to bring up SmartSound within PD15. If there was, I could "rebuild" the sound data base to find all my old albums.

What do I need to do to get SmartSound available in PD15 on my new computer again?

Thanks!
For several years I've been requesting usability improvements to PD that would improve productivity. I submitted a long list of them for PD13 that were ignored. CL seems more interested in adding bells and whistles for marketing, than user productivity improvements. So I'm wondering if I can program some of the items on my wish list using keyboard macros and/or keyboard shortcuts. For example, when creating a text block that you want centered, you have to do several clicks that involve centering vertical and then centering horizontal. With VideoStudio and most other video editors you can do this with one click (center both). Is there a way to create some kind of macro or shortcut and would "center both" with one keypress or click? If I can do this, then perhaps I can use the same functionality to streamline other commonly used actions that are click-intensive in PD.

Thanks!
Does anybody have any suggestions for settings on the Dynamic Range Control that would do basic compressor/limiter of tuning vocals to bring down too loud and bring up too quiet? Thanks.
In AD7 there are no presets for Dynamic Range Control. What are recommended settings to just level out audio -- reducing too loud and bringing up too quiet, but no muddying up the sound too much?

I'm surprised that in version 7 there is no way to save Dynamic Range presets. Please suggest to CL that it be added, with some pre-programmed presets available like the other Effects.
I was a software developer also. They are already locking out keyboard input while the software is working, and then allowing input when processing is complete. All the have to do is ad clock_on and clock-off at that point. I suspect the software actions are broken into different teams, and nobody in any team has bothereed to worry about notifying the user that "working" is in progress.

The other frustrating thing is that I submitted it directly to cyberlink support as a suggestion ticket, but the guy in India can't get that through his head and keeps asking me for "core dumps".

)o:
Quote: What is it that you are doing that locks user input out?

Pretty much everything in edit mode. Make a change, then sit arms crossed for minutes until can do next thing. PD is "working" but cursor is not clock. If you are not working with 30+ minute clips you won't see the problem.

Have a state of the art gaming computer, so insufficient hardware is not the problem.
Quote: The easy way for suggestions to Cyberlink is to post on the Suggestions for PDR 15.

Tried that on the PD14 suggestions thread. Over 20 usability/productivity improvements were ignored. Did not appear in PD15.
An update on this trouble ticket suggesting the above improvement to PD14. I received a response from support telling me all the information I needed to send them in order to diagnose this problem, including a bunch of files to create such as from dxdiag, re-install everything, etc., etc. Their typical boilerplate response for any trouble ticket.

I responded with the following:
"I am not asking you to make a diagnosis. I am asking you pass this suggested improvement on to software planning."

I then received another boilerplate response asking for everything -- including the kitchen sink.
"Dear Roy , Thank you for writing back. In regards to your concern, To asist you further we need some information, So please help to collect us the below information:"

Even though I have owned PD versions 7-14, and have used it for years, for about the Nth time I'm looking for a replacement for PowerDirector. A couple years back I submitted about 2 dozen requests for usability/productivity improvements -- all of which were ignored. I'm now testing Corel VideoStudio 9.5. Seems to be just as fast (faster during editing), the same major features most video editors want, and lacks the usability negatives in PD, resulting in about a 3X improvement in productivity.
Ticket ID: CS001638886
Related Product: PowerDirector
Subject: Wait Clock
2016/07/23 12:15

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update PowerDirector to Windows standards by having the cursor change to a clock whenever the program is processing and/or user input/control is not allowed. Currently the cursor stays as an arrow during long periods of wait time when the program will not accept input because it is actually still processing. One has to guess whether can actually continue on, or should continue to watch the screen with arms folded. THANKS!
I just discovered that contrary to what I thought, the temporary thumbnails PD creates are not in a \VIDEO subdirectory after all. They are in C:\Users\YOUR_PC_NAME\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\MediaCache

I've searched but not found an INI or REGISTRY entry where this can be changed to my external SSD drive. I would like to try doing this in hopes of it helping with the problem of PD taking literally minutes to save thumbnails on a video more than 15 minutes in length.

Anybody have an idea where this is stored, or is it "hard coded" into PD?

My six month project of creating 40+ videos for an interview biography are just completed, but for future projects this might help.

Thanks.
I upgraded my Nvidia video drivers from 361.43 to 361.91 and was able yesterday to create two 20 minute videos without crashing. Apparently CL did something in 2527 that is not backward compatible.

Unfortunately the new patch made no difference in the problem of PD seemingly going to sleep while saving thumbnails.
How I can uninstall only update 2527, leaving my install as it was before updating to 2527 yesterday? I've had several waits/loops/hangs/crashes since installing it. Was creating 2 videos a day with no problems before the upgrade.

UPDATE: Just had another crash. PD wanted to send a report so I let it. Will keep doing this when it offers, but some are just x-clock forever (no crash message), or PD disappers without notice (is why I keep doing Ctrl+S as I'm working).

p.s. The reason I upgraded to 2527 was the the insanely slow saving of thumbnails when doing a Ctrl+S has been driving me crazy and I was hoping 2527 might make a difference. No such luck.
ynotfish: Your work-around worked pretty good. I had 5 pictures in a PIP track. I locked the video track, selected a fade and "apply fading transition to all videos" - once for prefix and once for postfix. All 5 pictures got a fade in/out added. Thanks. :o)

p.s. I'd still like to see some kind of improvement where the fade in/out could be automatically included whenever I drag a picture onto a track, but won't hold my breath.
JL_JL: Yes, I already have that turned off. No diff.

Dafydd B: For some reason I had "Enable HD video processing (shadow file)" in the General Preferences turned off. I enabled it and saves are now noticeably faster, and the overall editing process is "smoother" (less unexplained waits).
Performance monitoring done during the editing and save processes show a max RAM usage of 28%. Remember these are single track short videos with maybe 2 or 3 10 second PIP pictures in them. You can view them here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHGIC_di2toV0witZw6epzg

The slow save only occurs when the video track has been changed such that new thumbnails need to be built. I have a hunch that this process is not exploiting the GPU hardware acceleration.

If you Google slow save in PD you find complaints going back several years. Most postings indicated the user thinks that PD has hung, but it's just very slow, and they think it's hung. I hesitate to buy new hardware when PD works fine other than this, and renders at the rate of 3 video minutes per clock minute (fast rendering).

In any case, thanks for your input. :o)
I'll give this a try. Thanks for your demo clip. :o)
Go to: