Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MediaCache on SSD drive
[Post New]
I just discovered that contrary to what I thought, the temporary thumbnails PD creates are not in a \VIDEO subdirectory after all. They are in C:\Users\YOUR_PC_NAME\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\MediaCache

I've searched but not found an INI or REGISTRY entry where this can be changed to my external SSD drive. I would like to try doing this in hopes of it helping with the problem of PD taking literally minutes to save thumbnails on a video more than 15 minutes in length.

Anybody have an idea where this is stored, or is it "hard coded" into PD?

My six month project of creating 40+ videos for an interview biography are just completed, but for future projects this might help.

Thanks. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PDuser97031B,

Perhaps the problem is that your SSD is pretty crowded.

I don't have a solution to change PDR code but I install most programs, if possible, on an external/internal disk (F:\) including PDR14 and then I redirect folders to another disk (E:\)

Unfortunately not all folders can be redirected.

AppData and the folders in there are some of those you can't redirect e.g. system folders and hidden folders.

To get some more free space on your SSD

You can clear C:\Users\YOUR_PC_NAME\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\MediaCache before you start a new project.

To get some more free space on your SSD there are selvral folders you can redirect e.g.
the libraries: pictures, documents, music and videos etc.

You can see if a folder can be redirected by opening the folder's properties. If the Tab Location is shown you can redirect the folder - else you can't.

In PDR14 Properties I Autodelete temporary files every 2 days and AutoSave plus file location for export is an external drive.

Hope you can use this.

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12