Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I don't believe that is correct. I've got versions all the way back to PD8, they all do nothing when a video is selected with Alt+2 including PD12.

All versions bring up a screen with access to Motion Designer for a pic.

Jeff

Interesting. So you are saying there's no change to these actions with the newer release. Thanks for the feedback.
Here's what's happening for me on the current release. When I select a video clip in a track and press Alt+2 it does nothing (ignores it). When I select an image on the track and press Alt+2 it opens the Pan&Zoom options "plugin" -- just as it did before. When I select a video clip, and press the "Edit" button it goes to the edit options where Crop/Zoom/Pan can be selected, which then goes directly to the "Motion Designer". What would increase productivity would be a hot key that directly brings up the Motion Designer (skips the first options window).

What used to happen is that Alt+2 with either an image or video went to the first screen (plugin?) where you can select "canned" motions -- which I then had to select "Motion Designer" from. There was never any way to go directly to Motion Designer.

Since PD12 I've been submitting to Cyberlink request for changes that improve productivity (dozens of them). All of which have been ignored. So I'm not holding out hope for this request. I'm a reall hotkey person because it improves productivity, so I would like to see a more powerful/comprehensive hotkey implementation.
With the latest release 21.5.3125.1 I've lost the shortcut key to Pan&Zoom (ALt+2). I don't find a way to assign a key to this function. I use this function a lot and would really like to have a shortcut key for it. I'd like it to go directly to the "Motion Designer".

Suggestions?

Multi-Cam designer has a align by clip marker, I've not seen an align by clip marker of just timeline clips. However, it's very easy to do. Simply move the timeline scrubber to say Video A clip marker location. Move Video B somewhat close to aligning, and then use Alt left or right arrow to nudge Video B to align Video B clip marker to the timeline scrubber.

Jeff

Of course... I knew I had seen that before. I've actually used Multi-Cam on some of my videos before. Being 80 I'm memory challenged! embarassed

P.S. Oh that's right. Multicam Designer won't import clips from the timeline, only from drive or media room. That's why it's of no help to me in this case where I'm trying to line up video from two cameras that have been edited in the timeline. undecided

I think your use structure is wrong for what I believe CL has now implemented. I don't believe it's a free for all random search for things on directorzone. If you go to directorzone via a web page, add a transition with the heart favorite icon. You then can download or search these transitions. Yours is empty as you have not uploaded anything, your pic is set to "My Uploads". Favorite a few on directorzone.com, change the drop down to "My Favorites" from "My Uploads" and then you will see them and can search those.

Jeff

AHA! So the pop-up dialoque only shows templates you have previously downloaded via a browser?
I would like to place a marker on two video clips (A and B) and then align/sync them so that the marker on clip-B lines up with the marker on Clip-A (this will put the two clips in sync visually. I thought that there was an "align markers" function, but can't find it in the help, on the web, or on youtube. Is this a manual procedure, and if so how can you tell when the align (it does not snap to). Thanks.
Boy, that PRECUT thing has saved me a lot of time. I love it! Thanks for the tip! smile
Here's what's up for me.

1. PD17 has the ability to set up your DZ login, from within the program, via the "preferences". It does not have a built-in tempolate finder like PD365 has (see attached image). Whenever needing a template from DZ from within PD17 it brings up a browser.

2. PD365 does not have the ability to set up your DZ login via the "preferences". It does have a built-in dialog to find and download templates (see image). It comes up when you say go to transitions and choose "Download content from Cyberlink Cloud/DirectorZone" from the "Import Media" button. However, this dialog does not work. No matter what you do, it always says "No templates matched the search" (because you haven't given it your login?). Of course you can always use a browser for getting templates from https://directorzone.cyberlink.com, which is a multistep process. It would be nice if the built-in downloader worked (more productive).

Bottom line: the built-in template getter is still a work in progress (doesn't work).
Quote Several have noted a need to leave it sit idle for several minutes for PD processes to shut down. You might try a 3-5min wait and see if it finally shuts down properly. Jeff

I'm convinced that PD21/365 has a "memory leak" issue. When I edit a large project for a few minutes, then exit PD, there is no residual PD entry in the task manager, and PD will restart. However, when I edit the same project for several hours, and then exit PD, there is a residual process in the task manager showing dedicated memory, which reduces in size down to about 600M, and then stays that for forever (well, at least 30 minutes) - see image. PD won't restart. If I "end" the process with task manager, PD will then restart.

P.S. I run dozens of programs on my PC every week and none of them have this problem. It is definately a PD problem and not a Windows problem or "user error".

Has this issue been reported to CL as a bug? Hopefully the answer is yes, or that someone braver than me will do so. Whenever I report a bug to CL I'm in for days of thrashing around meeting their "do this" stuff that's irrelevant to the provlem (boiler plate hoop jumping) until they finally admit to the issue. I'm sure many give up before getting to this point.

It appears CL implied they will do away with DirectorZone from PD and other products, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27217 I guess the update has done so.

Jeff

Interesting. The "Download XXX Templates" dialong is still there, but it doesn't work.
Since upgrading from PD17 to PD365 an issue has appeared where PD365 won't fully shut down. It does not free up it's memory and is still in the task list. The result it that PD365 won't start again. It just ignores (doesn nothing) when opening the icon for it. I have to go into the Windows task manager and manually end PD365. Then it will start up again with the desktop icon. See attached screen prints taken after exiting PD365 via the X in the upper right corner of the window.

I'm on Windows 10 with all the latest updates.

PD17 does not do this.

Is this a known issue, or do I need to report it (and then spend days convincing CL it's really happening).
Quote In my PD365, the Preference/DirectorZone is the 11th item down on the top left. It is just below Capture and Confirmation. There is a checkbox for Auto sign in to the Directorzone too.

It's not there for me. See screen prints.
In my preferences there is no DirectorZone tab. I can't import tempates from DZ from within PD-365. What am I doing wrong?
Quote They moved it from the right-click pop-up menu to the pop-up>edit clip keyframe>copy keyframe attributes (it now takes more clicks -- this is called "reverse productivity").

In the hotkey customization there is no a ability to assign a hotkey to this function. Nothing I've ever asked for in terms of productivity improvements has ever been implemented, so I won't bother to submit a suggestion, but does anybody know of a way to assign copy/paste keyframe attributes to hotkeys? In my current project I am using this function a lot.

Thanks.
Quote I would rather ask CL to focus on a flawless video editing experience. Would you not agree?

Several years back I submitted a long list of improvements CL could make to PD to improve it's productivity/usability. These were submitted directly through their reporting facility, with a copy posted here. It included adding spell checking (which pretty much every other text manipulating product has). Then I resubmitted them about every two years. NONE of those productivity improvements have been implemented. I think CL has had plenty of time to implement the productivity/usablity improvements many of us have asked for.
They moved it from the right-click pop-up menu to the pop-up>edit clip keyframe>copy keyframe attributes (it now takes more clicks -- this is called "reverse productivity").
I have a PIP in my video. I want to "copy keyframe attributes" to paste into the other pip objects. I right-click on th PIP and there is no "copy keyframe attributes" available in the pop-up menu. Nor in the edit menu. I have tried moving the keyframes around (I want them at the beginning) with no help. What am I doing wrong? (I will be 80 in a few weeks!)
I just upgraded from PD17 to PD365. I am very disapointed that PD still does not have spell checking in text objects, even though we've begged for it for many many years. Am I overlooking something?

[Yes, I know I could spell check it elsewhere, but that's a cludgy work around]
Quote right click that clip and in the menu select the PRECUT tool.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks!

I have been making videos with PD since about PD8, but had never run across this need before.

smile
I have a major project where I have two sets of videos from a drone. One set is from the camera in the drone. The other set it from a phone taking video of the drone externally (as it goes by, etc.). I've tried mixing these with PIP and the workload to make that happen is too much. So I want to create some video snips from the phone video, and place them into the media library. Then in the video from the drone I will insert the "fly by" clips from the phone. Problem is I find no way to save the phone clips into the media library so I can insert them as needed into the main video. So here are my questions...

1. Is it possible to save a clip in the timeline into the media library -- kinda like when you do a snapshot it puts in in the library.

2. Is there a better/alternate way to do this?

Thanks for any tips/directions you can provide!
Go to: