Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Feedback Forum will launch at the end of September
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Given the announcement that CL is launching a new Feedback Forum

The positive thing is that CL is calling the new Forum a FEEDBACK forum; indicating that all what is written there, is considered feedback and will be looked at by CL staff.

Given the huge amount of very usefull information, collected from the feedback of users over the many years, I hope and trust that all what is written on the current community forum will be copied and made available in the new forum too.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Given the announcement that CL is launching a new Feedback Forum

The positive thing is that CL is calling the new Forum a FEEDBACK forum; indicating that all what is written there, is considered feedback and will be looked at by CL staff.

Given the huge amount of very usefull information, collected from the feedback of users over the many years, I hope and trust that all what is written on the current community forum will be copied and made available in the new forum too.

i've contributed too much over 17 years of participation, much of which is still very relevant even in current PD release. Unfortunately announcement wording really too vague to judge much, but if posts are not transferred and not available, it would simply be the end for me. I hear lots of cheers!

Jeff
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

i've contributed too much over 17 years of participation, much of which is still very relevant even in current PD release. Unfortunately announcement wording really too vague to judge much, but if posts are not transferred and not available, it would simply be the end for me. I hear lots of cheers!

Jeff
No cheers from me.
Hopefully my posts will not disappear into the void, but to erase JL_JL and the many posts made to aid users on highly technical topics, and also call out Cyberlink on their own misadventures and mistakes, that's a loss to the community.
Edit: forgive me for not praising or pointing out that many other members here have contributed greatly to this forum.
I am skeptical of what is to come. Maybe some new stickers packs will make me feel better.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2023 12:17

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I completely agree with comments above by Warry, Jeff & Barry.

Please note that once it closes, users will no longer have access to this forum.
is the bit that bothers me. Jeff's point that it's a little vague is right. That could mean (a) forum threads would be completely inacessible or (b) they'd be available in archived format, but as read-only.

Fair enough to change the forum focus/structure, but for the wealth of knowledge & experience to be banished into the ether seems extraordinarily short sighted to me. It would also show gross disrespect to users who've made invested inestimable mountains of time, experience, knowledge & energy into helping others over many years... & to other users who value being able to benefit from that.

Perhaps CL's plan of action is still evolving. Perhaps it'll be made clearer to members.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum will launch in a few months, providing a better experience to our users. Once launched, posting new topics or replying to old topics on the CyberLink Community Forum will no longer be available.

The wording updated already, another typical rollout knee jerk experience showing incompetency to have a thought out plan and a user centric implementation path.

CL had initially discussed the new forum in a post on about 7/28/2023, but that section of the forums has already been removed from users view and one simply gets the "Oooops. You don't have sufficient privileges to access this message" note for the prior posts.

Jeff
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I hope they update their ticketing system. It is horrible. All you can do is view your request or close it. Cant add to it or anything. Terrible system.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I hope they update their ticketing system. It is horrible. All you can do is view your request or close it. Cant add to it or anything. Terrible system.

Yep, been that way for years and years. Just inexcusable. Whatever group does the website planning, development, implementation and validation is really lacking, just like product QA.

Attached another classic, to get AD13 perpetual updates one selects 365 as no 13 menu selection is available. Then one gets a note saying not for 365! Ironically the menu did have 13 and the update page was labeled correctly with AudioDirector 13 vs 365 but it was all "updated" to this 365 selection. Their product offering options confusing enough for most users to migrate, I guess CL staff stumbles too with their own naming. Pretty much irrelevant though, as patches are near distinction in frequency anyhow. You can't make this stuff up, you have to capture reality with pics, every day, simply a day closer to death by neglect.

Jeff
[Thumb - AD13_Updates.png]
 Filename
AD13_Updates.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yep, been that way for years and years. Just inexcusable. Whatever group does the website planning, development, implementation and validation is really lacking, just like product QA.

Attached another classic, to get AD13 perpetual updates one selects 365 as no 13 menu selection is available. Then one gets a note saying not for 365! Ironically the menu did have 13 and the update page was labeled correctly with AudioDirector 13 vs 365 but it was all "updated" to this 365 selection. Their product offering options confusing enough for most users to migrate, I guess CL staff stumbles too with their own naming. Pretty much irrelevant though, as patches are near distinction in frequency anyhow. You can't make this stuff up, you have to capture reality with pics, every day, simply a day closer to death by neglect.

Jeff

Attached pic shows the error has been corrected for now. Just another case, yet so many on this forum constantly want to post that it's a user to user forum and the forum has no CL monitors, yet another item corrected 5 days after posting, coincident, the error existed for months. I doubt a user can make these mods.

So existing forum IS a feedback forum, just transparent. OP sighting the new Forum a FEEDBACK forum, really immaterial.

Jeff
[Thumb - AD13_Updates2.png]
 Filename
AD13_Updates2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05. 2023 07:37

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
For those who have missed the information on the new forum, that apparently is to be released around 12 October, please see here:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119374.page