Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So did you see a folder called CYBERLINK BD SOLUTON or a folder called Power Director Express?

If not I would suggest that you un-install all programs and re-install.
If you choose EASY INSTALL, then you will find it in the start menu- all programs. It coud be under a folder called CYBERLINK BD SOLUTON, or there will be a folder called Cyberlink Power Director Express.

Hope this helps,
Hi Mark

Just so you know you can use Cyberlink Power director to convert the movie files to MPEG2 or AVI and then use any video editing software you like.

It would not be the camera, as it just records the footage. If you want to test the camera plug it into your TV direct to the from the camera and I bet this will not happen.

If you are not happy with the software you have some options
1. convert the files and use a different program that you are more use to.
2. upgrade to the Full and latest version of Cyberlink Power Director.
3. ( this will only work if you have a SD camera) If you don't like using Power Director to convert a good program is " SD copy " just go to google and type in " SD copy .MOD converter " The first 3 search results should allow you to download it. This program will convert each file from .MOD to MPEG all aty once.
I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but maybe the 1 file is to large for an upload so it make 3 smaller files which would be uploaded 3 time. (1 time each )
Just check that the mic is in correctorly the you get an NE viridon with the JVC camera not a full virison.
not to sure if this will help but there is a web site that has heps of patches for this software have a look..............

http://www.everydayvideo.com/index2_e.php
What is the model of your JVC camera?

Are you trying to use the camera as a web cam or trying to get a live feed?

Ok Then in that case have a look for a program call SD Copy it is a free converting program. form MOD to MPEG
Power DVD the Cyberlink program that was pre-installed is a trial virison.
when you go to install new Cyberlink software the PC thinks it is a full virison, and will ask you for a CD-key. If you uninstall the Power DVD program and the JVC software there will be no history of trial software and should not ask you for a CD-key.

It's just an idea........................
You may have a program called " Power DVD" this is a Cyberlink program, that is pre-installed in you PC. Just so you know it is a trial virison . I would suggest that you uninstall all Cyberlink programs ( Power Cinema, Director, Producer and DVD, reset the computer and then just install the CD that came with the camera......

Let me know how you go
I can see in the 2nd screen shot that you are trying to burn a DVD. Power Cimena will not let you burn a DVD only back up.

do you have a program called Power DVD? This is a Cyberlink program and will need to be uninstalled along with the JVC software, then reinstalled and it should work fine, if it ask you to resitor just click on remind me latter.
The camera came with bundled Cyberlink software ( Cyberlink Power Cinema, Power Director and Power Producer )

Power Cinema-This is just used to Backup video files (MOD) from the camera to the PC via USB connection.

Power Director-This program will accept the saved MOD and allow you to edit the movie footage. Then you have 2 options.

1. Save as a AVI or MPEG 2 file on you PC.

2. Burn to DVD.

Power Producer-This program will open if you choose to burn a DVD for Power Director.

Power Cinema is only used to back up the files from the camera to the PC. Once this is done use Power Director to import the movie file and put thenm into the time line once this is done, you can burn to DVD by clicking on the produce button.

this will open up Power Producer to allow you to burn.....

Hi

What software are you trying to use to creatd a dvd?

The camera came with bundled Cyberlink software ( Cyberlink Power Cinema, Power Director and Power Producer )

Power Cinema-This is just used to Backup video files (MOD) from the camera to the PC via USB connection.

Power Director-This program will accept the saved MOD and allow you to edit the movie footage. Then you have 2 options.

2. Burn to DVD.

Power Producer-This program will open if you choose to burn a DVD for Power Director.

Hi

there is a bar on the bottom left of the screen that will tell you how much information you have. Is it past the red part of the bar.

Hi Lindesay

Your program is working 100%,
However if you want to add different chaptures you can via the Power Producer software.

After using Power Director and selecting create DVD. It will open the project in Power Producer. Once this program is opend have a look at the bottom LEFT hand side of the screen.

There will be some options in regards to editing, this is where you can add chaptures and choose the length.

Hope this has helped you
Hi
Dose it give you an error message when it opens or dose it just not open.
So dose it give you a error message? If so what is it ?
Hi well you can.........

What you have to understand is you are using the USB cable. This cable transfers raw DATA. So if you burn a DVD without using the Cyberlink Power Director program, you will burn a data DVD. The data DVD can be read by a computer BUT NOT a DVD player. Most people do this just to backup information and store it away for altter usage.

If you use Cyberlink Power Director program first it will get all the files ready to be read by the DVD player and merage all the files togeather so that the DVD player plays it as one flowing clip. Rather then 50 clips.

Let me know if this helps........
Hi

Power Cinema-This is just used to Backup video files (TOD) from the camera to the PC via USB connection.

Power Director-This program will accept the saved TOD and allow you to edit the movie footage. Then you have 2 options.

2. Burn to DVD.

This is not the best option... but it is still an option.
When using PDirector and have done all your editing. when you click on the PRODUCE button don't burn a DVD select SAVE AS A FILE.
You can choose to save the file as MPEG2 or AVI and use any DVD burning software that you like.

It will save in the My works Folder.
Go to: