Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
everio footage to making a movie...
Davanna [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2008 23:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
What is the correct order in doing things here? i have made many movies in the past using windows movie maker and pinnacle studio 8. i now have upgraded to this hard drive camera, which i thought would be awesome, but am finding it impossible to deal with the files! they are humongous, and i can't read them with any windows programs. so i HAVE to read them using the cyberlink software that came with the camera to read the TOD and whatever the other extension is... BUT, I don't know what to do first...I can't capture the video, coz power director needed an activation key, which I don't have (i have emailed tech support for one, and included a digital pic of my software disc...). I can browse the footage using power cinema, but can't do anything with the files.
say I took some footage from a wedding. and it's all in chronological order on my camera. how do i get that footage into one (WHICH ONE???) of the programs in order to edit it - rename clips? add music, transitions, effects? I am so frustrated, the wedding was in september and i've been putting it off...i just keep putting more footage on the camera, and now its full so i have to figure out how to manage the files... can anyone help me????
also, is there a way to burn chronological clips directly onto a dvd from the camera without editing?

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF SOME SUPPORT HERE...
Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2008 23:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

The camera came with bundled Cyberlink software ( Cyberlink Power Cinema, Power Director and Power Producer )

Power Cinema-This is just used to Backup video files (TOD) from the camera to the PC via USB connection.

Power Director-This program will accept the saved TOD and allow you to edit the movie footage. Then you have 2 options.

1. Save as a AVI or MPEG 2 file on you PC.

2. Burn to DVD.

Power Producer-This program will open if you choose to burn a DVD for Power Director.

Davanna [Avatar]
[Post New]
so am i correct in assuming you cannot burn a dvd directly from the camera - you have to download the huge files onto your hard drive?

thank you for your answer, i will try that.
Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2008 23:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi well you can.........

What you have to understand is you are using the USB cable. This cable transfers raw DATA. So if you burn a DVD without using the Cyberlink Power Director program, you will burn a data DVD. The data DVD can be read by a computer BUT NOT a DVD player. Most people do this just to backup information and store it away for altter usage.

If you use Cyberlink Power Director program first it will get all the files ready to be read by the DVD player and merage all the files togeather so that the DVD player plays it as one flowing clip. Rather then 50 clips.

Let me know if this helps........
Davanna [Avatar]
[Post New]
very helpful, thanks a lot!