Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recording without tape?
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2008 18:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
How can I record from my JVC camcorder without a tape? I used to be able to press play on my vcr or DVR, connect my cam, and press record on my computer and the video would just go through the camera. Now, since I have upgraded to Vista and Power Director 7, it says please insert tape. How can I work around this?
Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2008 23:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
What is the model of your JVC camera?

Are you trying to use the camera as a web cam or trying to get a live feed?

Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2008 18:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It is a JVC GR-DF550U camcorder. I am just trying to use it as a "passthrough" instead of recording everything to the DV tape, then capturing from the tape. Like I said, I used to do this, but I don't know what happened after I got the new computer and program. Thanks for your help.
Ken [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2008 14:01 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Tim, Did you ever get an answer to your question? I have the same issue with wanting to use Analog -> DV passthrough mode on the Canon ZR85.

Why can't PowerDirector 7 capture from camcorders (via firewire) when they are running analog/digital passthrough mode?