Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Confused about Menus
Rolfe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2009 05:06 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Whew. Menus are just not intuitive to me.

I've figured out how to mark chapters in the timeline and set chapter frames. Now I go to the Create Disc, Menu Prefs page and I click on a Template. It looks like I should be able to select Titles/Chapters (the right pane) and Apply the Template to the Titles/Chapters page of my project. However, I cannot select Titles/Chapters -- the Root Menu pane is selected and I cannot change it. What am I not understanding here?

So I click Apply to All Pages. Now I can see the Root menu in my project and can move objects around, etc. But how do I see the Titles/Chapters menu to make similar changes?

When I Preview the project and click the Chapters button on the Root menu, I get to the Titles/Chapters menu but the heading says the default "My Video" text. I'd like to change that text obviously, and align the objects, but I don't understand how to do that.

Can someone save me a lot of time? Thanks.
kevin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2010 22:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Iam having similar problem to rolfe - menu page and desginer is very confusing. Would also appreciate info
Thanks
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Here is a tutorial on the subject.

Hopefully will clarify things a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMYmFNWLjo

Dave
Rolfe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, it's certainly not intuitive. Thanks for the link to the video, Dave -- that got me to the answer to my second question.

To edit the Titles/Chapters menu, you go to Create Disc, Content tab and click Show Chapters. Select (click) any chapter that appears. The Titles/Chapters menu appears in the preview pane on the right and you can move objects around and edit the title of the menu.

I still don't know the answer to my first question -- how to assign separate templates to the Root and Titles/Chapters menus.

--rolfe.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I was able to apply a different template to the chapters/titles page by doing this.

1. Select the menu template you want to add to the chapter/titles page and select Apply to All.

2. Select the menu template you want to have on the main/root page, and then just select "Apply".

I think this is what you want to do. From here, you can click the Modify button and go in and customize each page Root, Chapters/Title, and Subtitles to be exactly how you want them.

Hope that helps
Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2010 02:20

Jets2011
[Post New]
Hi,

This way is easier.

When you select a template, it will be applied to the current page you are viewing in the preview window.

So if you use the mouse to navigate to the Chapters/Titles page, and then select a template in the list, you will will see that the Chapters/Titles thumbnail is highlighted. That is what the highlight means.

Selecting Apply, applies it to the highlighted page, Apply to All to all three pages.

Dave
Rolfe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dave,

Now I've got it -- both questions answered. I've used a lot of applications over the years, including another video editor, but this one is far from intuitive. It's a shame the learning curve is so long.

Thanks.

--rolfe.
Jets2011
[Post New]
Hi,
Glad you got it now.

We are all here to help you with any questions to make it easier for you to learn.

Here are some other tutorial resources to help you if you like:

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots

Dave