Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Interestingly, I have a response from CL:

Hi Paul,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you have feedback about the new version of PowerDirector 365. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your feedback, we have escalated your suggestions to our product team as software changes and improvement references.

Thank you for your report and feedback.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,
Radford
CyberLink Technical Support

Does this mean, "we're listening" or, "speak to the hand"?

Paul

A few hours after reading your original post, I used the rate us link and told them what I thought about the software. I also contacted tech support. Whether those 2 departments speak to one another or not, I don't know, but my problem was resolved when they gave me a link to down load version 21. With version 21 installed again and working - I can continue to easily edit my videos as I have done for many years.

Yes! I'm having the exact same problem! I have a lot of videos that are crooked, so in the old version I would just go to Rotate a degree or two and then I could "snap" the newly levelled image to display full screen for the entire length of the clip. It was very quick and easy. I'm now having the exact problem you are. I tried the anchor point thing and that helped a little, but now it's showing the black areas where the image has been rotatated! This is no good!

I have been using Cyberlink PowerDirector for 7 years. This subject was my first post after joining this forum a week or so ago after downloading 2024 - which I did not like. My problem is now solved, I've gone back to version 21 after contacting Cyberlink support.

Is there no way to go back to the previous version?

I created a support ticket on the 21st and sent it to Cyberlink, explaining the reasons I didn't like it and that I wanted to revert to version 21.

Today I received a reply and a link to download 21, my previous version.

Now PowerDirector on my main PC looks how it used to be - friendly and usable.
It seems there are a lot of unhappy people who have upgraded to 2024 and regretted it

In my opinion CyberLink should release an emergency version of 2024 with an option to reload version 21 or stay with the 2024 version, that would satisfy everybody.

Does that seem a good idea?
The above offer came through 2 days ago.

I doubt if I will renew if I'm stuck with this awful version.

Will they ever change it to a more user friendly interface so that we can use it as efficiently as the previous version?

Just wondering, are there any positive comments about the new version?

One thing I did notice in the many wasted hours I spent trying to edit some clips was that when rotating there is now a decimal point option, so if you wanted to rotate between 1 and 2 degrees, for example - you could set it at 1.5 degrees.

Pity they didn't add that option to version 21.

Anyway, it proves I'm not negative all the time, anybody come up with more positives?
Quote Unless you made a system image before installing the PD2024 update and can restore your system to that state, the only thing you can do is to contact CL tech support and ask if they can provide you a link to the previous version.

I made a similar post a few days ago, but never saw it appear in the forum. That was the same with my crop/rotate post - but fortunately I had a bookmark to that post & replied to my original post & as if by magic it appeared.

Back to this topic, I did an Acronis backup on the 13th and upgraded to 2024 on the 15th. I don't want to risk messing other things up by doing a restore, so put an appropriate question in my "Rate us" comment & also contacted tech support.

Hopefully I may get a reply from one of those two attempts to get back to a better version than this new one.

Will let you all know about any replies I get from Cyberlink.
Quote PLEASE CAN EVERYONE DO THE SAME IF YOU HATE THIS NEW VERSION??!?

To be clear. On the program itself. Under file you find the "Rate Us & Provide Suggestions" and I copied and pasted paulsw212 list. Thank you @paulsw212 for sharing and pointing that out.

I must be getting stupid in my old age - can't attach what I posted in my "Rate us" comment, so have to type it here. Haven't had an acknowledgement that they have received it yet, so sent another one!!! Nothing on that either.

"This 2024 upgrade is useless, it just does not work for me. I have been using previous versions of PowerDirector for years and have created thousands of videos which have looked good and didn't take very long to edit/produce.

I downloaded this version on September 15th and still haven't managed to create my latest video using it. There are about 10 files totalling 10 minutes in total.

First I import files, then crop them, that is easy. It starts to get difficult when I try to correct the rotation several times on each file by a degree or two in various places and still haven't got it to work properly.

After reading comments from others about "fade", which I always use - that didn't work the easy way as it did in version 21.

I don't ask a lot with this software and certainly don't get the simple basics which I always use. I've had to use my old PC which has version 21 on it. After spending many hours over several days trying to use 2024, did the job on my old PC with version 21 in about an hour!!

I've asked tech support how I can uninstall 2024 on my main PC and install the version 21 which I am happy with. Got no reply from them yet.

Thank you for reading this and hope you take notice of what I have said."

The above is basically what I said, maybe with a typing error or two when I copied it, but we need to state our own views on the quality of the software, otherwise they might think we are "bots" who don't actually use it.
Quote There is no rollback function for the subscription version. If you had made a system backup before installing the new PD version, you can restore your system to that state.

Otherwise the only options are to wait for new updates to come out, or contact CL tech support and ask if they can provide you with a link to the older version.

I have just contacted tech support asking how to get version 21 installed again as 2024 is just not practical for me to use.

After editing thousands of videos with PowerDirector in recent years I just want to go back to using software that actually works efficiently and does what I want it to.
Quote The newest version of PD 365 is like learning this program all over. OK I'll put the effort in but I cannot figure out how to rotate an image in this version. In the old versions I had no problem. BTW, this version likes to kick me out; previous versions did once in a great while but this one likes to do it much more. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

If you look for a topic I posted a couple of days ago in this forum about a similar problem I had, subject is - crop/rotate - there is an answer which will probably help you.

Fortunately I still have my previous version, 21, on my old pc, and managed to do all the editing for a 10 minute video in less than an hour. Spent hours with the new version getting nowhere.
Quote If I'm going to have to relearn software, it might be time to look at something different. I did like PD, but now I'm disliking all the extra button clicks and clunky usage. This is really disappointing and one of the BIG reasons I don't like subscription based products in the first place. I was a little leary about PD, but it WAS fun to use. Now I just find myself getting upset because it's not as easy to use as it was before. Who makes a UI more difficult to use and adds more buttons clicks and calls it steamlined? I'm a little concerned what the next revision of PD might include (or not include).

I posted a topic a day or so ago, asking if it would be possible to reload version 21 in place of this 2024 "thing" but I can't see the post anywhere. Maybe it was deleted, but not by me of course.

Fortunately I still have a version 21 on my old pc and can use that.

It's not as if we are using free software, we pay for it so should be able to choose what we want, and not have to put up with something as awful as this latest version. Obviously created by people who don't actually use the software the way we do.
Quote With the introduction of PD 2024 ultimate, it has become apparent that perpetual version are yet still available.
Initial testing of the used interface gives the impression that it is worth it while to upgrade to 2024. It seems to work faster and smoother, although users of old versions have to get use to the new approach.
However, there are still some (old) bugs found in this new version, so it may be wise to delay the move to 2024 for a bit longer.

Still early days, my version 21 upgraded to PD2024 & I'm regretting it.

I'm usually pretty good at working with computers & software but the new version is proving to be a nightmare.

I have posted my problems on the PD 2024 section of the forum, although one post has failed to show for whatever reason. The one I do have a reply on is crop/rotate.

The problem is still ongoing though, just cannot do it all so quickly as I could with version 21. To be honest, still can't get crop/rotate to work the way I want it to. Would rather still be using version 21.

If my problem is resolved I will post again here - just trying to make people aware in case they have similar problems..
Quote I'm not sure what the "old" version is you are referring to, but it sounds like you might be struggling with the anchor point concept which was added several versions prior. Select the video, then go to Edit (above timeline), then click on "Advanced", near the bottom of the "Object Settings" area is Anchor point. click the checkmark to display. Now when you move one corner all will size as the anchor point is at 0.5 X and 0.5 Y which is the center.

Jeff

Just tried what you suggested above and that works, not very simple as in version 21.

Then I find another problem. With version 21 I could start with a full frame, then I find 10 seconds into the video I need to rotate by 1 degree to keep the picture level, as I had been filming a moving object and tipped the camcorder slightly. What I tried doing was putting an anchor point 10 seconds in and following what you suggested above. That got my picture level as I wanted, but the 1 degree rotation also replaced the original 0 degree setting at the start of the clip.

With version 21 it could be done in a second or two, just move to 10 seconds, rotate 1 degree & move in a corner until it all fitted within the frame. Then play the clip & it would be exactly what I wanted.

This new version is a nightmare to try & use!!
Quote I'm not sure what the "old" version is you are referring to, but it sounds like you might be struggling with the anchor point concept which was added several versions prior. Select the video, then go to Edit (above timeline), then click on "Advanced", near the bottom of the "Object Settings" area is Anchor point. click the checkmark to display. Now when you move one corner all will size as the anchor point is at 0.5 X and 0.5 Y which is the center.

Jeff

My previous version was 21.0.2214.0

I still have that on my old computer.

I've never used the anchor point concept, whatever that is, but I will give it a go.

I also posted another topic which does not show in the list of topics, this one only appeared after I had sent a reply. In the other topic I asked how to go back to the previous version I was using, as that worked well for me. Upgrading to this version seems to be a big mistake.

First thing I did try with this new version was reducing wind noise, that has never worked for me in previous versions & it doesn't in this new version either.

It is a massive change in efficiency and Cyberlink need to restore this.

Is fade in/fade out changed now?

With the old version I used to just drag in a 0.5 sec fade at the start & finish of all the files in a video & it could be done in seconds.

Unless I've got it wrong, this is a total disaster!!

After many hours this topic has not appeared in the forum, I bookmarked this page and that is how I find it again. Wonder if it will actually appear if I reply to it, here goes.

YES, I replied and the topic is now showing!!

This is totally wasting my time now, looks as if I have to mess around with keyframes etc.

With the old version the "keyframe" settings seemed to be automatic, you just used to work your way through, just doing a bit more crop or rotate where it was needed and in next to no time it was finished.

It might look good "in theory" but when you come to use it in this latest version it's just not practical, total time-waster.

Making absolutely no progress, with the old version it would've been finished ages ago.
Quote Just started using this new version after many years of having PowerDirector.

In the old version if I was going to rotate a video by 1 degree, I would be able to get the image to fit by moving in one of the corners, but with this new version if I move the bottom right corner inwards the opposite corner does not also move inwards and I also have to move in the top left corner.

I found a tutorial, but it is not the same as how the 2024 version works.

Am I doing something wrong?

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software/1185/how-to-stabilize-video-footage-and-use-the-crop-zoom-pan-tools

After many hours this topic has not appeared in the forum, I bookmarked this page and that is how I find it again. Wonder if it will actually appear if I reply to it, here goes.

YES, I replied and the topic is now showing!!

My topic didn't show for a while so I posted another. The first one showed up 10 minutes later or so.

Thanks for the reply, but my topic was posted about 8 hours ago. Just posted another topic asking if possible to revert to previous version, as this new one is awful!!

Will see if my topics appear tomorrow.
I downloaded this new version a few days to work on some videos, still haven't finished them. Normally it would take me a couple of hours at the most. I don't like how the user interface or whatever you call it has all changed.

I also posted a topic about crop/rotate - but the topic does not show, so how will I ever get a reply?
Just started using this new version after many years of having PowerDirector.

In the old version if I was going to rotate a video by 1 degree, I would be able to get the image to fit by moving in one of the corners, but with this new version if I move the bottom right corner inwards the opposite corner does not also move inwards and I also have to move in the top left corner.

I found a tutorial, but it is not the same as how the 2024 version works.

Am I doing something wrong?

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software/1185/how-to-stabilize-video-footage-and-use-the-crop-zoom-pan-tools
Go to: