Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New PD 365 changes
Stoneware [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2021 19:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Are these changes for the sake of changing?

1. Playhead doesn't go to the beginning of clips anymore. Really? This should be an option because now I have to make extra clicks or use a keystoke to get there. Waste of my time.
2. Meta Music not sortable by duration? Waste of my time.
3. 5 AI generated images/sitckers. Why?
4. Moved things like Video stabilizer/Denoise to better looking "all in one" window, but it's worse now. I have to Click "Video Stabilizer" then click the check box. That's an extra step. Waste of my time.
5. "Video Speed" pops up a completely separate window overlay instead of displaying like Video stabilizer/Denoise do. Extra clicks to close the popup. More button clicks. Waste of my time.

Why is CL wasting my time instead of saving me time and effort? Why are things being changed just to change them, with no real user benefit (or configuration parameter to keep it the way it was)? This is getting really frustrating with every release. I've spent a bit of time learning PD, but I think I'm going to start looking at other options.
Mike Hall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2018 19:37 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Are these changes for the sake of changing?

1. Playhead doesn't go to the beginning of clips anymore. Really? This should be an option because now I have to make extra clicks or use a keystoke to get there. Waste of my time.
2. Meta Music not sortable by duration? Waste of my time.
3. 5 AI generated images/sitckers. Why?
4. Moved things like Video stabilizer/Denoise to better looking "all in one" window, but it's worse now. I have to Click "Video Stabilizer" then click the check box. That's an extra step. Waste of my time.
5. "Video Speed" pops up a completely separate window overlay instead of displaying like Video stabilizer/Denoise do. Extra clicks to close the popup. More button clicks. Waste of my time.

Why is CL wasting my time instead of saving me time and effort? Why are things being changed just to change them, with no real user benefit (or configuration parameter to keep it the way it was)? This is getting really frustrating with every release. I've spent a bit of time learning PD, but I think I'm going to start looking at other options.

No steps forward and two steps back in my opinion. I don't mind GUI changes, but why remove some great features and create more work for video editors in the new version? Are the people responsible for issuing such a disaster actually PowerDirector video editors or just software engineers? Do they use their own product? Did they test this update with a panel PowerDirector users for feedback before releasing? I doubt it very much.
Cyberlink had better fix these issues soon, otherwise I'm off.
Sharpo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 06:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded this new version a few days to work on some videos, still haven't finished them. Normally it would take me a couple of hours at the most. I don't like how the user interface or whatever you call it has all changed.

I also posted a topic about crop/rotate - but the topic does not show, so how will I ever get a reply?
Stoneware [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I downloaded this new version a few days to work on some videos, still haven't finished them. Normally it would take me a couple of hours at the most. I don't like how the user interface or whatever you call it has all changed.

I also posted a topic about crop/rotate - but the topic does not show, so how will I ever get a reply?

My topic didn't show for a while so I posted another. The first one showed up 10 minutes later or so.
Sharpo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 06:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]

My topic didn't show for a while so I posted another. The first one showed up 10 minutes later or so.

Thanks for the reply, but my topic was posted about 8 hours ago. Just posted another topic asking if possible to revert to previous version, as this new one is awful!!

Will see if my topics appear tomorrow.
Stoneware [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for the reply, but my topic was posted about 8 hours ago. Just posted another topic asking if possible to revert to previous version, as this new one is awful!!

Will see if my topics appear tomorrow.

So this is what we get for buying into the subscription service? I would expect inprovements, not a bunch of rearranging and extra buttons clicks. What a waste of my time.