Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rate us and provide suggestions
paulsw212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 19:21 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Probably a good idea to share that directly with the devs & marketing team by using File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions

I think this is good advice from optodata and I decided to take it up. I rated the application 'one star' and added the following comment:
This is the worst version of Power Director I have yet worked with.
(1) It crashes when I try to load FX onto the timeline.
(2) Why has 'Apply to All' been removed from Editing?
(3) Why does the scrubber no longer go to the beginning of a clip when you click on it?
(4) Why has user-intuitive functionality (eg. opacity) been transferred from the timeline to menus in Editing therefore adding to the work-flow?
(5) Why have other user-intuitive functions (such as the 'View Details' icon in the Library) also been transferred behind menus thereby requiring more clicks to obtain the same outcome?
(6) Also the colour scheme is hideous!
You've taken an elegant and intuitive user-interface that has worked well through a series of iterations over years and 'dumbed' it down to something that even moderately advanced users find totally frustrating.
Please bring back PD21!

Don't know if it will make any difference, but perhaps others might like to try as well?

Paul
JohnRobinsonRC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2021 03:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
PLEASE CAN EVERYONE DO THE SAME IF YOU HATE THIS NEW VERSION??!?

I think this is good advice from optodata and I decided to take it up. I rated the application 'one star' and added the following comment:
(3) Why does the scrubber no longer go to the beginning of a clip when you click on it?
(4) Why has user-intuitive functionality (eg. opacity) been transferred from the timeline to menus in Editing therefore adding to the work-flow?
(5) Why have other user-intuitive functions (such as the 'View Details' icon in the Library) also been transferred behind menus thereby requiring more clicks to obtain the same outcome?
You've taken an elegant and intuitive user-interface that has worked well through a series of iterations over years and 'dumbed' it down to something that even moderately advanced users find totally frustrating.
Please bring back PD21!

Don't know if it will make any difference, but perhaps others might like to try as well?

Paul

To be clear. On the program itself. Under file you find the "Rate Us & Provide Suggestions" and I copied and pasted paulsw212 list. Thank you @paulsw212 for sharing and pointing that out.
Sharpo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 06:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PLEASE CAN EVERYONE DO THE SAME IF YOU HATE THIS NEW VERSION??!?

To be clear. On the program itself. Under file you find the "Rate Us & Provide Suggestions" and I copied and pasted paulsw212 list. Thank you @paulsw212 for sharing and pointing that out.

I must be getting stupid in my old age - can't attach what I posted in my "Rate us" comment, so have to type it here. Haven't had an acknowledgement that they have received it yet, so sent another one!!! Nothing on that either.

"This 2024 upgrade is useless, it just does not work for me. I have been using previous versions of PowerDirector for years and have created thousands of videos which have looked good and didn't take very long to edit/produce.

I downloaded this version on September 15th and still haven't managed to create my latest video using it. There are about 10 files totalling 10 minutes in total.

First I import files, then crop them, that is easy. It starts to get difficult when I try to correct the rotation several times on each file by a degree or two in various places and still haven't got it to work properly.

After reading comments from others about "fade", which I always use - that didn't work the easy way as it did in version 21.

I don't ask a lot with this software and certainly don't get the simple basics which I always use. I've had to use my old PC which has version 21 on it. After spending many hours over several days trying to use 2024, did the job on my old PC with version 21 in about an hour!!

I've asked tech support how I can uninstall 2024 on my main PC and install the version 21 which I am happy with. Got no reply from them yet.

Thank you for reading this and hope you take notice of what I have said."

The above is basically what I said, maybe with a typing error or two when I copied it, but we need to state our own views on the quality of the software, otherwise they might think we are "bots" who don't actually use it.
roarb [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway Joined: Jun 16, 2015 03:08 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using Power Director since 2015, and just like you all said here, this is the worst upgrade ever!

even fading audio in and out is now difficult! I can't believe it!

colors... ugh!

I am using the multicam director MCD a lot, and I have tried several times
to suggest them to expand from the four camera limit, nothing has happened.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 22. 2023 22:13

JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I've been making tutorials for PD for many years, and I've never seen the level of negative response to a release like this one. I've recommended many who visit the SharperTurtle channel use the "Rate us and provide suggestions" so that the developers understand the importance of returning the functionality to the program that we enjoyed before.

I do think it will require patience. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to institute changes without introducing all kinds of new problems. It's a lot of code to modify.

Hopefully, we will see functional updates in the weeks and months ahead.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I assume, Jim, that you have requested the same yourself through rate us......? ;
504roadtrips
Newbie Location: New Orleans, Louisiana Joined: Apr 11, 2017 20:48 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I do think it will require patience. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to institute changes without introducing all kinds of new problems. It's a lot of code to modify.

It's very difficult. But that's what Beta Testers are for...people who enjoy the frustration of working with buggy non-funtional software. We are all the unwilling beta testers for Powerdirector.

I did the "Rate Us" thing. Maybe they'll be so inundated with complaints that they'll put some things back the way they were. I'm starting to like the new appearance of the UI, and I've quickly gotten used to clicking in different places than I used to. But my primary concern is the playhead not automatically going to the beginning of a selected clip. I can't see any reason for taking that away. They even put up a warning box that the feature doesn't work. Why???

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! And if it don't work, don't release it! 504 Road Trips
https://www.youtube.com/504roadtrips
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I assume, Jim, that you have requested the same yourself through rate us......? ;

Yes I have. Every voice helps.

Jim
Zsolt_x [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2023 10:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PLEASE CAN EVERYONE DO THE SAME IF YOU HATE THIS NEW VERSION??!?

I have just done the same. I cannot believe that this version has been released...
WilliamH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2019 12:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Please bring back PD21!

Paul

The 2024 Edition is PURE GARBAGE.... It has essentially become unusable. I cannot go more than 5 minutes without it crashing. This is a pitiful excuse for video editing software.... not even 3rd rate.
WEPHMusic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2012 14:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
This new versiion has doubled to quadrupled my time to create a video. Functionality has been moved to God knows where. the coloring is putrid and nowhere to change it. For example where did the fade in and out in a track go? It was how I exposed and hid a track in multiple tracks.

PLEASE let us revert to PD21!! In the past I have not hesitated to upgrade in the middle of a project with no or very minor learning curves. That was a MAJOR mistake this time. Their competition must have hacked there development server.

Can anyone recommend a comparable product and price to this current garbage?
WEPHMusic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2012 14:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've been making tutorials for PD for many years, and I've never seen the level of negative response to a release like this one. I've recommended many who visit the SharperTurtle channel use the "Rate us and provide suggestions" so that the developers understand the importance of returning the functionality to the program that we enjoyed before.

I do think it will require patience. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to institute changes without introducing all kinds of new problems. It's a lot of code to modify.

Hopefully, we will see functional updates in the weeks and months ahead.

And in response to prior poster...I don;t have weeks or months to wait for it to be fixed.....I'm in the middle of projects NOW!
paulsw212 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Interestingly, I have a response from CL:

Hi Paul,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you have feedback about the new version of PowerDirector 365. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your feedback, we have escalated your suggestions to our product team as software changes and improvement references.

Thank you for your report and feedback.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,
Radford
CyberLink Technical Support

Does this mean, "we're listening" or, "speak to the hand"?

Paul
Sharpo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 06:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Interestingly, I have a response from CL:

Hi Paul,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you have feedback about the new version of PowerDirector 365. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your feedback, we have escalated your suggestions to our product team as software changes and improvement references.

Thank you for your report and feedback.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,
Radford
CyberLink Technical Support

Does this mean, "we're listening" or, "speak to the hand"?

Paul

A few hours after reading your original post, I used the rate us link and told them what I thought about the software. I also contacted tech support. Whether those 2 departments speak to one another or not, I don't know, but my problem was resolved when they gave me a link to down load version 21. With version 21 installed again and working - I can continue to easily edit my videos as I have done for many years.
paulsw212 [Avatar]
[Post New]
A few hours after reading your original post, I used the rate us link and told them what I thought about the software. I also contacted tech support. Whether those 2 departments speak to one another or not, I don't know, but my problem was resolved when they gave me a link to down load version 21. With version 21 installed again and working - I can continue to easily edit my videos as I have done for many years.

Impressed by the response you received, I got onto tech support and asked for the same thing (ie. a download link for PD21). This is their response:

Hi Paul,
Thank you for writing back. Regarding reverting to PowerDirector 365 v21 it worked for you. In the new version of PowerDirector 2024/365, the editing layout has been re-designed from scratch. CyberLink keeps adding new features and adjusting the program interface in PowerDirector 365 to enhance user experience and software compatibility between PowerDirector versions from time to time.

For the concern of version downgrade, PowerDirector 365 which you subscribed to is a subscription license that would keep your program as the latest version during the subscription period. We are afraid CyberLink does not offer version downgrade service for subscription license users.

So no joy for me alas!

Paul