Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
With all these new UI and Relocation changes...
Stoneware [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2021 19:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
If I'm going to have to relearn software, it might be time to look at something different. I did like PD, but now I'm disliking all the extra button clicks and clunky usage. This is really disappointing and one of the BIG reasons I don't like subscription based products in the first place. I was a little leary about PD, but it WAS fun to use. Now I just find myself getting upset because it's not as easy to use as it was before. Who makes a UI more difficult to use and adds more buttons clicks and calls it steamlined? I'm a little concerned what the next revision of PD might include (or not include).
Sharpo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 06:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I'm going to have to relearn software, it might be time to look at something different. I did like PD, but now I'm disliking all the extra button clicks and clunky usage. This is really disappointing and one of the BIG reasons I don't like subscription based products in the first place. I was a little leary about PD, but it WAS fun to use. Now I just find myself getting upset because it's not as easy to use as it was before. Who makes a UI more difficult to use and adds more buttons clicks and calls it steamlined? I'm a little concerned what the next revision of PD might include (or not include).

I posted a topic a day or so ago, asking if it would be possible to reload version 21 in place of this 2024 "thing" but I can't see the post anywhere. Maybe it was deleted, but not by me of course.

Fortunately I still have a version 21 on my old pc and can use that.

It's not as if we are using free software, we pay for it so should be able to choose what we want, and not have to put up with something as awful as this latest version. Obviously created by people who don't actually use the software the way we do.
David62277 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2021 12:44 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, it seems more clunky in version 22. Then having to re-learn where things are, and then things I am used to aren't there at all anymore... ie: items in the audio mixer - not able to jump from one point to another, or even make points at specific time stamps... so annoying.
I was already considering other software, so maybe this is a good reason to jump ship...