Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I burn the ISO to a Blu-Ray disk and play it on the Sony/Panasonic/Sharp 3D Players on my 3D HDTV system. Note: Commercial 3D Blu-Ray disks do not have this problem making transitions from their menus. - FYI, I'm using Image Burn to burn my disks and I'm certain that's not the cause.

Last night, I also created an AVCHD from the same project using the same menu. I had the same 3D Menu selection>2D>3D video playback.

I have no idea whether I'm missing some detail or this is a problem/problem with PowerDirector 19 functionality.

I think I need feedback from others creating 3D-BD disks with menus using PowerDirector.

Thanks for your reply.

PDWhite

• I'm replying to my own post. cool

I have found the answer. It is an overlooked glitch in the menu programming code. When "Play from the Main screen is selected, It goes straight through without changing from 3D mode in the menu to 3D in the actual video. - If, an item is selected and played from the Chapter/Scene menu, the play will change from menu 3D mode, transition to 2D and then back to 3D when the video is played.

In most playback scenarios where the 3D glasses on/off warning screen turned off or on, my setup is different. I have an older Sharp 3D flatscreen. You can configure it to accept and play 3D programs automatically, but it will always display the 3D glasses warning message, needed or not. - As such, most users will never see the 3D-2D-3D chapter menu glitch the way I do. My guess is that most modern 3D projectors, etc. can be set so the 3D warning isn't displayed.

I suppose I'll need to live with it until I can get a modern 3D projector into my home theatre. (sigh...)
Thanks, Steven!

It's appreciated. It really proves my point. There any useful information there at all. -

Now I'm hoping that anyone who has ever used TrueTheatre surround will reply with a description.

PDWhite
I moved my Power director to an entirely new system and still have the problem.

Al least I can trap it now by opening the ISO file in PowerDVD.

I discovered an interesting tidbit that might shed light on the cause, though. If I mount the ISO and extract the .M2TS file, it will play and fast-forward normally. - So, the problem most likely resides in the environment of the Blu-Ray image.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

PDWhite
Hello!

I've been converting a lot of old videos to store on DVD and Blu-Ray. Most of that stuff has 2-channel, stereophonic, sound.

Most of the explanations of what it is are very sketchy, at best. This is especially true in the PowerDirector Help pages. - Explanations of how to use it are pretty much nonexistent.

I imagined that it would synthesize the audio tracks into a 4/5 channel equivalent to give it more dimension. That sounded interesting.

As an experiment I attempted to use it on the MP4 output from two-channel video, expecting to see a multi-channel soundtrack in the output. I was rather puzzled when I found it had only two channels. (I use MediaInfo to examine the technical detail of my audio/video files.)

And the playback didn't sound any different than the original.

Assuming that nothing had changed, I burned the project to a Blu-Ray disk, also specifying TrueTheater surround in the >Create Disk menu.

The audio on the disk was still stereo and sounded awful.

My questions: What is TrueTheater surround and what does it really do? More importantly: How is it used and how to use it?

If anyone has answers to these questions, please respond.

Thanks,

PDWhite
Quote According to the Dell website, the NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 6GB GDDR6 is recommended for the external video card on the xps 8940. I don't disagree with their selection.

Nvidia Video with CUDA capability is what really moves the needle when it comes to encoding video. AMD is good, but Nvidia is better.

If you plan to do a lot of video production Nvidia CUDA capability is what you need
Hi,

I have discovered that the String "My Videos" in Create Disk>Menu Structures appears to be linked to a source located somewhere else in the project. It must also control What the "My Videos" Title in menu templates turn into to when previewing/burning the disk.

My Videos actually did change to the correct movie title in one of my projects, but it it is no longer happening.

Where does this information for "My Videos" live? I've looked for it a long time, can't find. - I'm baffled... ""frown""

(Added this a few hours later....)

I have accidently stumbled into the answer. I've been trying to make the tail wag the dog. Entering the actual title into the My Videos fields in the menu pages selected to use in the project actually fills in the fields in Create Disk>Menu Structure, not the other way around...

Well I taught myself something today....

Hi PDWhite,

No offense, but I don't think your opinion comes any way in healthy, but make this concern more aggresive like saying:

"Hey, there is an issue in your software, fix it better right now. Otherwise, I will gather others users to make more complaints." even though a possible time frame has been announced in the moderator's reply.

By the way, DTS audio is not a significant matter that "all of users" concerned or love to use in their production.

If the source material is recorded in 2ch stereo, producing the project with 5.1 channel audio might make the video more "artificial and fake". Anyway, it won't make the production perfect because of the audio engineering limitation.

I acknowledged that it is fancy to encode the videos with DTS audio, but does it always come with realistic benefits?

Every user has their own opinion and expressed here.
And, the above is mine.

Hey! Sorry if you feel that way. However, (without causing any more offense to you or other readers in this thread,) I reserve the right to voice my opinion "constructively" - That sometimes sounding (politely) critical of the providers of the software I own and use with the expectation that it will continue to run as advertised. That is: at least as long it is the current version.

Secondly, I depend on being on being able to create disks using DTS 5.1. When this happened I thought is was an installation conflict and then spent a day-and-a-half reinstalling PowerDirector and then wiping clean and rebuilding my W10 OS to no avail. -

And I did manage to lose a few things in the process.

Finally, I am a very experienced software developer. I've been active in the field since the 1970's. And a prize winner at that, too. After having written, maintained and provided responsive customer support for a number of products and platforms, I don't believe I stepped out of bounds by sounding professionally and specutively pessimistic.

Very Lastly, I cannot express how very pleased I am that they have provided this hotfix within a reasonable timeframe. In my experience. Over the years, this has not always been the case with other packages I have owned.

Thank you, Cyberlink!
JL_JL,

Yes, I read all that above. However, everyone has their own opinion. Many are expressed here. When I read yours, I gathered that was your opinion, which I also had to take into account; especially since you are listed as a senior contributor.

The technical support for various (and the developers that back them up) are more or less responsive, from package to package. Sometimes the responsive to a problem is proactive and rapid. Sometimes the solution, if considered valid, may be put on hold or deferred to the next version's release. - This can also change as the management or priorities of the TS and DEV groups change. (And) I've had a lot of inside experience with both.

A healthy cinicism is not a bad thing.

As a user, when I find a useful software package that becomes stagnant or sour, I usually drop it and look elsewhere for another package that fits my needs better. The sucess or failure of any software will only be good if the people that maintain it are responsive to the needs of its users.

The opinions expressed in these forums (or blogs) are indicators of which way it is going. - In some sites, disparaging comments just tend to dissappear...

So now you can understand where I am coming from. 🤔
JL_JL,

Are you saying that Cyberlink feels under no obligation to resolve this problem in a timely way?

Ouch! I had the expectation that Cyberlink meant to support the functionality they advertise.

To my thinking, this means I spent $6K and a lot effort for nothing.
tomasc,

I took the advice from earlier posts. I set my system date to 2020 and Presto! I could burn disk images in DTS 5.1 again. I change the date back to today and was plopped back into the burn error. - So this is very likely a licensing or certificate problem.

If anyone else is having the problem, please create a support ticket and maybe the problem will actually get the attention of someone who can actually get on the stick and fix it.

Thanks!
Quote I have received a Cyberlink support ticket response on my ticket #cs002287442 in part as follow:
Hi Tommy,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you are unable to produce a .mkv video file with DTS audio. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your query, please try the following steps below.
Update graphics card driver to the latest. You can download the latest driver from the or NVIDIA or Intel’s website listed below. If you have any concerns installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
NVIDIA: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
Driver Version: 461.09 - Release Date: Thu Jan 07, 2021

I can check dts 5.1 and try to produce a mkv file and get the production unsuccessful message each time.

Updated the Nvidia driver to the latest. Power down. Power up pc. Try to produce a mkv with svrt, hve, and cpu encoding. Got the same production unsuccessful message each time.

If it don't work then they want more info and a packed projec.t It did not work for me.

Others that want to use DTS 5.1 may want to start a support ticket too. It may be working for some users??

Yep. Same thing, but I'm trying to create an ISO file. However, I've tried it on all the latest new equipment. It worked fine before New Years and did not afterwards. I also did a complete rebuild of Windows 10 applied all the latest harware divers.

Project builds fine using 2 channel LPCM but switching to DTS just results in a fail. -I will report this problem to them via a ticket. -- Hope I have better luck this time.
Until recently, I was running PowerDirector 19 on an older Intel i7/Nvidia system. It was still very compatible with modern Win 10 and A/V technologies. It would run PowerDirector fairly well, but it was very slow and I was encountering to many glitches for my personal audio/video/graphics projects.

Notably, I am an aficionado of home theatre, 3D-BD video and 5.1 surround sound. My primary use for PowerDirector is to produce my own DTS 5.1 and 3D Blu-Ray disks for my private collection specifically for these capabilities. - I also have an elaborate home theatre to play them on.

In December, I decided that my old computer system had become far too slow to use for video and graphics production. And so I built myself a new system especially suited for creative video and graphics. The components I selected are all cutting edge both for speed and capabilities specifically for these uses. - All-in-all, the system cost me approximately $6,000 dollars to build.

Shortly before Christmas, I had it up and running nicely. I installed PowerDirector 19 and the speed and ease of producing my 3D Blu-Ray .ISO images was breathtaking. Not long after the New Years holiday I went to create another video image and got an error message when I attempted to do the burn.

I assumed that something in my new install had broken PowerDirector, consequently I wiped the drives and took two days to carefully reinstall W10 and PowerDirector. I was very unhappy to discover that the rebuild did not fix the burn error, which is when I consulted the forum and got onto this thread. Considering the on/off behavior on my system, it sounds more like a licensing issue and not the application itself.

I certainly hope that Cyberlink resolves this problem soon. I need 5.1 capability. If not the Dolby flavor, then AC3 5.1 would easily suffice. - I might add, that if an additional, modest charge to reenable this functionality is made available, I'd certainly be willing to purchase it.

I would greatly appreciate being kept up to date on development progress.

Happy New Year Everyone. Let's hope it is a better one that 2020 was...

If it was working prior, more than like you might be using DTS audio which broke ~EOY. Several threads on it like, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/44583.page#post_box_348221

Simply try a different audio format, LPCM.

Jeff

Jeff,

I hadn't tried LPCM. I'm into 5.1. Unfortunately, the Blu-ray creation parameters only permit Dolby and not AC3 for some reason.

The fact that it might be a DTS problem did occur to me, but since I had just installed the (Gigabyte) DTS driver, I looked right past it.

Thanks for the reply. - I'm going to invertigate the thread you provided and see/hope that it is relevant; more importantly if it is resolved...
I am having this same problem. However, I am running a freshly installed PowerDirector 19 on a new (powerful) system with a fresh install of Windows 10/64. I- set this up on the new system a week ago, and it was creating ISO files with no problems whatever.

Two days ago, I attempted to create another ISO and got the E0140016 error. I even tried to use a project that had burned correctly only a few days before and got the same error message. I tried turning hardware accleleration on and off, but that made no difference. It certainly could not be a disk space problem, either.

I was very puzzled over what the cause might be, but couldn't find anything obvious that could cause this problem. So I took a day and a half and did a complete reinstall of W10. I reinstalled PowerDirector 19 and BANG!, I got the same darned problem.

If anyone has seen this problem, or has any suggestions, please reply.

Thanks! (and Happy New Year)
Quote What player is used to play the 3d content iso on the system... Is a 3d menu available that you can use... Not aware of any present viewer for 3d content.

I burn the ISO to a Blu-Ray disk and play it on the Sony/Panasonic/Sharp 3D Players on my 3D HDTV system. Note: Commercial 3D Blu-Ray disks do not have this problem making transitions from their menus. - FYI, I'm using Image Burn to burn my disks and I'm certain that's not the cause.

Last night, I also created an AVCHD from the same project using the same menu. I had the same 3D Menu selection>2D>3D video playback.

I have no idea whether I'm missing some detail or this is a problem/problem with PowerDirector 19 functionality.

I think I need feedback from others creating 3D-BD disks with menus using PowerDirector.

Thanks for your reply.

PDWhite
I have been creating and watching menuless 3D Blu-Ray disks for quite a while now, and they play very well.

A few day back, I tried to create a 3D BD with a menu so I could select individual chapters (scenes) and ran into a problem with playback on my 3D HDTV system. It is a real pain and I hope someone can suggest a solution.

Starting playback, my HDTV system displays a (hardware) transition menu. (I've turned all of the other hardware 3D-2D warnings off.)
Whenever I select a meny option such as Play or Scenes>Scene, The HDTV transitions back into 2D and then back into 3D. - This is a most unattractive behavior, I wonder if there is a workaround for this problem...

Please RAVP with any suggestions.

Thanks,
Go to: