Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is TrueTheater surround, and what does it actually do?
PDWhite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2020 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I've been converting a lot of old videos to store on DVD and Blu-Ray. Most of that stuff has 2-channel, stereophonic, sound.

Most of the explanations of what it is are very sketchy, at best. This is especially true in the PowerDirector Help pages. - Explanations of how to use it are pretty much nonexistent.

I imagined that it would synthesize the audio tracks into a 4/5 channel equivalent to give it more dimension. That sounded interesting.

As an experiment I attempted to use it on the MP4 output from two-channel video, expecting to see a multi-channel soundtrack in the output. I was rather puzzled when I found it had only two channels. (I use MediaInfo to examine the technical detail of my audio/video files.)

And the playback didn't sound any different than the original.

Assuming that nothing had changed, I burned the project to a Blu-Ray disk, also specifying TrueTheater surround in the >Create Disk menu.

The audio on the disk was still stereo and sounded awful.

My questions: What is TrueTheater surround and what does it really do? More importantly: How is it used and how to use it?

If anyone has answers to these questions, please respond.

Thanks,

PDWhite

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2021 15:17

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
This isn't much, but it might help.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=5761

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2021 21:26

PDWhite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2020 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Steven!

It's appreciated. It really proves my point. There any useful information there at all. -

Now I'm hoping that anyone who has ever used TrueTheatre surround will reply with a description.

PDWhite

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2021 20:46