Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
dts wont work in produce file on mvk
clive321 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2021 16:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
when trying to produce a video file with dts selected (this worked fine before then suddenly stopped ) says
pruduction unsucessful please ensure your graphics car is up todate and have the latest windows media player. or you can try a different file format.

all my drivers etc are up todate , and the funny thing is i get the same message on another pc and this all worked fine till about a week ago. both pcs are completly different so its not the pc .

if you select mvk and then select the qualtity you want then select the sound as AAC5.1 it works but as soon as the DTS i get the message constantly . ive unistalled and put it back in clean and the error still appears.

ive have tried every thing i can think of from roll backing drivers etc and still wont work , i think its the software its self , i have contacted support but no reply.

there are no patches or updates for my software which is powerdirector 365 subscription based and its vertion 19 i belive.
can any one please help many thanks

also this message comes up on h264 and h265

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2021 09:23

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
it would help to know some specific details about at least one of your computers.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag results so we can see exactly which drivers are installed. Also please take a screenshot of the About PD window and attach that so we can see the full version details.
Bsoles9 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2014 08:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same problem. Mine stopped working 1/3/21. No response yet from customer service. if you select LPCM it will work but I think it will create the disk in stereo not 5.1. Sort of looks like a licensing issure for DTS.
clive321 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have the exact same problem. Mine stopped working 1/3/21. No response yet from customer service. if you select LPCM it will work but I think it will create the disk in stereo not 5.1. Sort of looks like a licensing issure for DTS.

thought it might be , customer service dont seem to help keep going rount the houses and not giving me a straight solution to the issue , dont no what else to do as its so frustrating , as this is what i bought the software for mainly for dts,

any solution would be most welcome many thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
So I tried using DTS in an MKV file on my system and I also got the error message. I then restored a system image with the initial version of PD365 (19.0.2108.0), set the computer's clock to early Oct 2020 and didn't let it connect to the internet.

At that point I could use DTS in an MKV file without any trouble.

I then changed the system date to today which prompted PD365 to request internet access to validate the subscription. Once that occurred, PD could no longer use DTS even though nothing else on my system had changed from the previous test.

This certainly seems to be a licensing issue between DTS and CL, and you might have to wait until they get things worked out. I tried downloading the DTS Sound Unbound app from the MS Store but it didn't make any difference with the PD issue.

If either of you have PD19 (not the 365 subscription) you might be able to set the system clock back to Dec 2020 and produce. PD365 will likely force the system clock to the current date/time each time you launch it and require an internet connection too.

Perhaps the PD Moderator could check on things and at least make sure the appropriate people are aware of the situation.
clive321 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote So I tried using DTS in an MKV file on my system and I also got the error message. I then restored a system image with the initial version of PD365 (19.0.2108.0), set the computer's clock to early Oct 2020 and didn't let it connect to the internet.

I then changed the system date to today which prompted PD365 to request internet access to validate the subscription. Once that occurred, PD could no longer use DTS even though nothing else on my system had changed from the previous test.

This certainly seems to be a licensing issue between DTS and CL, and you might have to wait until they get things worked out. I tried downloading the DTS Sound Unbound app from the MS Store but it didn't make any difference with the PD issue.

If either of you have PD19 (not the 365 subscription) you might be able to set the system clock back to Dec 2020 and produce. PD365 will likely force the system clock to the current date/time each time you launch it and require an internet connection too.

Perhaps the PD Moderator could check on things and at least make sure the appropriate people are aware of the situation.

Thank for the update most appreciated.. thougt it wasn't my machine as it does it on ures too . Just so annoying as customer service don't seen to know what we're on about.. need to as you say get this fault addressed to the right department ASAP. Dont think there is much we can do which is so annoying 🙄
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I checked here and it works only for MKV, I can activate AAC 5.1 or DTS 5.1
I can activate but the error when trying to produce with DTS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2021 18:32

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I am not successful in submitting a ticket just now to Cyberlink support. After filling out the form, the Accept and Submit blue button is not active at all.

I tried to produce a mkv video file with dts audio after reading this and another thread: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84211.page . I was successful last year but not this year. There has not been any announcement or changes in the FAQ on this matter.

DTS is not good in my view. It is possible to create a mkv file with source avchd video and dts audio using SVRT. The produced video will have moving rainbow coloring. The fix for this is to not use svrt but to re encode with cpu or gpu rendering. This defeats the purpose of smart rendering so I stay with mp4 and m2ts as they have no problem with 5.1 audio.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So I tried using DTS in an MKV file on my system and I also got the error message. I then restored a system image with the initial version of PD365 (19.0.2108.0), set the computer's clock to early Oct 2020 and didn't let it connect to the internet.

Hello,

We inquired and found out that CyberLink QA is aware of the issue. Their RD team is working on a fix for the next release, which should be available late this month or early next month.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
clive321 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thats good news just wish they would reply to me and let me no after I've sent them so.many emails regarding this issue
Watch this space then.
Many thanks every one let's hope we get it resolved quickly
PDWhite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2020 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Until recently, I was running PowerDirector 19 on an older Intel i7/Nvidia system. It was still very compatible with modern Win 10 and A/V technologies. It would run PowerDirector fairly well, but it was very slow and I was encountering to many glitches for my personal audio/video/graphics projects.

Notably, I am an aficionado of home theatre, 3D-BD video and 5.1 surround sound. My primary use for PowerDirector is to produce my own DTS 5.1 and 3D Blu-Ray disks for my private collection specifically for these capabilities. - I also have an elaborate home theatre to play them on.

In December, I decided that my old computer system had become far too slow to use for video and graphics production. And so I built myself a new system especially suited for creative video and graphics. The components I selected are all cutting edge both for speed and capabilities specifically for these uses. - All-in-all, the system cost me approximately $6,000 dollars to build.

Shortly before Christmas, I had it up and running nicely. I installed PowerDirector 19 and the speed and ease of producing my 3D Blu-Ray .ISO images was breathtaking. Not long after the New Years holiday I went to create another video image and got an error message when I attempted to do the burn.

I assumed that something in my new install had broken PowerDirector, consequently I wiped the drives and took two days to carefully reinstall W10 and PowerDirector. I was very unhappy to discover that the rebuild did not fix the burn error, which is when I consulted the forum and got onto this thread. Considering the on/off behavior on my system, it sounds more like a licensing issue and not the application itself.

I certainly hope that Cyberlink resolves this problem soon. I need 5.1 capability. If not the Dolby flavor, then AC3 5.1 would easily suffice. - I might add, that if an additional, modest charge to reenable this functionality is made available, I'd certainly be willing to purchase it.

I would greatly appreciate being kept up to date on development progress.

Happy New Year Everyone. Let's hope it is a better one that 2020 was...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2021 11:03

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have received a Cyberlink support ticket response on my ticket #cs002287442 in part as follow:
Hi Tommy,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you are unable to produce a .mkv video file with DTS audio. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your query, please try the following steps below.
Update graphics card driver to the latest. You can download the latest driver from the or NVIDIA or Intel’s website listed below. If you have any concerns installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
NVIDIA: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
Driver Version: 461.09 - Release Date: Thu Jan 07, 2021

I can check dts 5.1 and try to produce a mkv file and get the production unsuccessful message each time.

Updated the Nvidia driver to the latest. Power down. Power up pc. Try to produce a mkv with svrt, hve, and cpu encoding. Got the same production unsuccessful message each time.

If it don't work then they want more info and a packed projec.t It did not work for me.

Others that want to use DTS 5.1 may want to start a support ticket too. It may be working for some users??
PDWhite [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have received a Cyberlink support ticket response on my ticket #cs002287442 in part as follow:
Hi Tommy,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you are unable to produce a .mkv video file with DTS audio. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your query, please try the following steps below.
Update graphics card driver to the latest. You can download the latest driver from the or NVIDIA or Intel’s website listed below. If you have any concerns installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
NVIDIA: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
Driver Version: 461.09 - Release Date: Thu Jan 07, 2021

I can check dts 5.1 and try to produce a mkv file and get the production unsuccessful message each time.

Updated the Nvidia driver to the latest. Power down. Power up pc. Try to produce a mkv with svrt, hve, and cpu encoding. Got the same production unsuccessful message each time.

If it don't work then they want more info and a packed projec.t It did not work for me.

Others that want to use DTS 5.1 may want to start a support ticket too. It may be working for some users??

Yep. Same thing, but I'm trying to create an ISO file. However, I've tried it on all the latest new equipment. It worked fine before New Years and did not afterwards. I also did a complete rebuild of Windows 10 applied all the latest harware divers.

Project builds fine using 2 channel LPCM but switching to DTS just results in a fail. -I will report this problem to them via a ticket. -- Hope I have better luck this time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2021 14:39

optodata
[Post New]
I concur. No combination of the latest 461.09 driver with or without the HD Audio driver or GeForce Experience makes any difference.

As far as I can tell, DTS 5.1 sound in an MKV container cannot be produced in 2021 using PD365/19.
PDWhite [Avatar]
[Post New]
tomasc,

I took the advice from earlier posts. I set my system date to 2020 and Presto! I could burn disk images in DTS 5.1 again. I change the date back to today and was plopped back into the burn error. - So this is very likely a licensing or certificate problem.

If anyone else is having the problem, please create a support ticket and maybe the problem will actually get the attention of someone who can actually get on the stick and fix it.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2021 14:52

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If anyone else is having the problem, please create a support ticket and maybe the problem will actually get the attention of someone who can actually fix it.

If you had read this thread or one of the many others you would have read that PDM acknowledges issues with DTS and CL RD working, no time frame.

I have zero confidence submitting another ticket would achieve anything, other than another notice about updating drivers which does not apply.

Jeff
PDWhite [Avatar]
[Post New]
JL_JL,

Are you saying that Cyberlink feels under no obligation to resolve this problem in a timely way?

Ouch! I had the expectation that Cyberlink meant to support the functionality they advertise.

To my thinking, this means I spent $6K and a lot effort for nothing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2021 15:05

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Are you saying that Cyberlink feels under no obligation to resolve this problem in a timely way?

I never wrote that at all.

If you read PDM's messages they state:
"Their RD team is working on a fix for the next release, which should be available late this month or early next month."

and another thread PDM's message states:
"Keep an eye on this topic, hopefully the issue with DTS that affects some projects will be patched in the near future."

Jeff
PDWhite [Avatar]
[Post New]
JL_JL,

Yes, I read all that above. However, everyone has their own opinion. Many are expressed here. When I read yours, I gathered that was your opinion, which I also had to take into account; especially since you are listed as a senior contributor.

The technical support for various (and the developers that back them up) are more or less responsive, from package to package. Sometimes the responsive to a problem is proactive and rapid. Sometimes the solution, if considered valid, may be put on hold or deferred to the next version's release. - This can also change as the management or priorities of the TS and DEV groups change. (And) I've had a lot of inside experience with both.

A healthy cinicism is not a bad thing.

As a user, when I find a useful software package that becomes stagnant or sour, I usually drop it and look elsewhere for another package that fits my needs better. The sucess or failure of any software will only be good if the people that maintain it are responsive to the needs of its users.

The opinions expressed in these forums (or blogs) are indicators of which way it is going. - In some sites, disparaging comments just tend to dissappear...

So now you can understand where I am coming from. 🤔

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2021 11:14

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]

A healthy cinicism is not a bad thing.

Hi PDWhite,

No offense, but I don't think your opinion comes any way in healthy, but make this concern more aggresive like saying:

"Hey, there is an issue in your software, fix it better right now. Otherwise, I will gather others users to make more complaints." even though a possible time frame has been announced in the moderator's reply.

By the way, DTS audio is not a significant matter that "all of users" concerned or love to use in their production.

If the source material is recorded in 2ch stereo, producing the project with 5.1 channel audio might make the video more "artificial and fake". Anyway, it won't make the production perfect because of the audio engineering limitation.

I acknowledged that it is fancy to encode the videos with DTS audio, but does it always come with realistic benefits?

Every user has their own opinion and expressed here.
And, the above is mine.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 26. 2021 23:25