Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello,

Is there an easy way in PD365 to create a motion trail or echo effect like in adobe after effects of let's say someone skateboarding or running?
I thought motion blur was the answer but it seems to be only for tracking and blurring. Thanks.

Takes a lot of PIP overlays and position work, but it can be done.

Quote Reference Post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/97183.page#390937 .

Last year I posted the NewBlue Giveaways : Cartooner Plus, Elements 3 Energize, and Filters 5 Refocus during the PD19/365 rein. The same fx installed are available and worked in PD17 and in the free PD Essentials. Went to a PD365 subscription this year and find that those NB effects available in the Essentials have disappeared just like the Boris FX I reported in an earlier post.

Has anyone seen the same result after buying or upgrading to PD20/365?? No one else has posted about this.

My understanding is that Cyberlink ended their partnership with NewBlue, and removed everyone's ability to use the newer effects in the 365 subscription. My PD20 perpetual license still has access to the NewBlue Vault effects I purchased, at least. No help to the subscription folks though, unfortunately.

A possible choice but expensive is the newly released Dell 8950. An I7-12700K has a Passmark benchmark of around 30,000 and uses a Radeon R6600 GPU but its pushing $2500.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/desktop-computers/new-xps-desktop/spd/xps-8950-desktop/xd8950adl30h?configurationid=9c4a8a13-284f-45bc-b55d-53c06970f324

Does the use case clarification above suggest to you a direction for performance improvement?

Thanks again

If your videos aren't long or too effect heavy, you don't need to go that powerful to edit in 4k. Try something like this" https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Nitro-5-15-6-Full-HD-IPS-144Hz-Display-11th-Gen-Intel-Core-i5-11400H-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3050Ti-Laptop-GPU-16GB-DDR4-512GB-NVMe-SSD-Windows-11-Ho/607988022
It was happening with every project. I ended up re-installing PD, and it works now. It just randomly quit working though, so no idea what caused the error. Here is to hoping it doesn't happen again...especially with an editing deadline looming. >.<

Quote Does the issue only happen when trying to save a custom template from a particular project, or does the same thing happen after starting a new project?

Also, see if the issue might be related to the specific edits you're making versus saving an unchanged version of the default title. If it's the specific edits, try making only one at a time to see if one of them is causing the problem or if it takes some combination of them.

Maybe make a screen recording while you're doing that and share it here and with CL tech support.
I am suddenly havnig problems saving and/or sharing custom title templates. All attempts tonight have met with a "PowerDirector has stopped responding" window. This wasn't a problem last time I worked in PD20. Maybe something happened with the last Windows 11 update or something?

The title has two reveal masks and some keyframed motion. Nothing fancy.

I am running PD20 Ultimate. Not the subscription model. Most current version of Windows 11 with all current drivers for all parts and devices.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB RAM
NVIDIA 2060 gpu
Main 1TB SSD, 8TB external. Plenty of hard drive space on both.

I am stumped here....
I am hoping that isn't ONLY for 365 users. Lifetime license here, and would love to have that feature back in it's more precise form.

Quote I've heard back from CL tech support and they said that the issue was identified and will be fixed in the next PD365 release, which is coming out "at the beginning of October."

Thanks to RoDant for posting about the issue 👍
Quote In a video you can cut outa building or person in the background.
Can you take a photo and cut out an object that is in the background .Likea building or person etc.
Like you can maska video and remove unwanted things.
Thanks.

Even if it is taking a part of the background like sky etc and copying it and putting it over the object.
I thought I could do it like the masking in video. But it is not working for me.
I end up with 2 photos one with the black mask overlappying the other photo.

This video should help.

Quote I found a great title
I set it for no animations & no effects.
My title comes in on to the background. It looks great.
But then the title goes away from the background & leaves me witha blank background for like 3 seconds.
How do I make the video end with tht title still in the background.
I cannot find an option to cut the end of the title.
You can shorten it but it only makesa shorter time .The titte still dissapears.
Thanks.
Eddy Rice

Make sure the timeline inside the title editor is stretched to fit the whole time alotted. If it isn't, the title will "vanish".

Hi,

Yes, i did search the forums first and even read the one you posted to, but nothing was conclusive.

I was assuming that Cyberlink 365 would have them included in the package, given how many people use it for
youtube videos, but seems not.

I've emailed support to see of they can guide me in the right direction as something so simple shouldn;t be this difficult.

Thanks

The best thing to do is to make your subscribe button video seperately, render it on a green background, and just reuse that for your videos going forward. Barring that, there are freebies online like this one: https://pixabay.com/videos/subscribe-youtube-subscribe-29881/. You can resize that and use a chroma key to put it where you want it.
Quote I have many weding files to create a trailer.

They want the final trailer to be made up of many video segments approximately 5 seconds in length.

Can PD 365 do this ? Take a video file, and tell it to precut it into 5 second length cuts?

(Basically, just take ANY video file and let PD automatically cut it up into 5 second (or whatever length you want) segments to import to the timeline?)

Thanks
Tommy

If the video is short, I just use the multi-trim feature in PowerDirector's "Precut" tool. Scene Detect is also useful in most cases.

For longer video though, I use the free Lossless-Cut program here: https://losslesscut.en.softonic.com/. It works well for the video formats the program supports, and you can tell it how long you want the clips to be. Then, just import those new clips into PowerDirector for editing.
One could hope that if they ever did change the architecture of PD, that they would incorporate Open FX like many programs use. If that ever becomes the case, rest easy. The Vault NewBlue FX seem to have OFX overed.
Here you go! I simplified my transporter tutorial using PowerDirector 19. I hope this helps. Transporter V2 Tutorial

I am working on simplifying the Thanos Snap, too. So, I hope to have that up for you next week.

Quote If you can do a simple Star Trek transporter effect I'll be very impressed!

Another challenging effect would be the break-into-dust effect from the last couple of Avengers movies. But don't kill yourself trying to recreate this one. It's easier to do in After Effects and HitFilm. But if you can do it in PowerDirector, I'll give you a gold star!

And certainly the most requested effect these days is the Zoom effect, aka the Brady Bunch effect, in which you have several faces or musical instruments appear split-screen as they speak, sing or play together.

I'm working on my own version of that last one. But I'd like to see how you do it.

Thanks for being up for the challenge!
I second that vote for machine number 1. Those specs look lovely.
Quote If you can do a simple Star Trek transporter effect I'll be very impressed!

Another challenging effect would be the break-into-dust effect from the last couple of Avengers movies. But don't kill yourself trying to recreate this one. It's easier to do in After Effects and HitFilm. But if you can do it in PowerDirector, I'll give you a gold star!

And certainly the most requested effect these days is the Zoom effect, aka the Brady Bunch effect, in which you have several faces or musical instruments appear split-screen as they speak, sing or play together.

I'm working on my own version of that last one. But I'd like to see how you do it.

Thanks for being up for the challenge!

Well... This took longer than I care to admit, but I figured out the dimensions needed to pull off the Brady Bunch / Zoom Call effect. Here you go:

Zoom Call Effect

As to theStar Trek transporter and the Thanos Snap, I made an attempt at those on PD 18. I need to re-do these with 19 (and my newer skills) and see what I can come up with.
Quote May I ask what NB Total FX actually work in PD? I do not see it in the compatibility list. For instance, Titler? Does it work and what version/build?

I haven't tried the newer paid goodies outside of downloading a trial of Titler Pro 7 (doesn't intergrate with PD, works as a stand-alone), but I know all the things in the New Blue FX Vault work. .... I still need to buy their motion blur stuff, but since I have Pixelan's Blur Pro loaded, I haven't seen the need yet.

Also, Titler Pro 1.5 comes with the PD Ultimate version and is fully intergated. I use that a TON for 3D title work, especially since non-365 users haven't gotten the nice update that fixes the standard 3D Title Room transitions.
Hello all! I have been making digital visual effect tutorials using PowerDirector for a few months now, and I love a good challenge. That said, I am taking requests.

Have you seen an effect and wondered how it might be done in PowerDirector 19? Point me towards a clip, or explain what you want to accomplish. I will do my very best to figure the effect out and get a tutorial posted.

Keep in mind, I am no 3D effects master and don't have my makeup-wizard little sister nearby to whip up any prosthetics. So, I am limited to digial wizardry here.

Supernatural Style Wings
Fire and Magic

The following tutorials are from PowerDirector 18. Forgive me, but I only recently updated to PowerDirector 19.

Portals: Walking on Edge
Creating Planets
Spooky Light
Just ran into this like a brick wall. It seems any titles using key frame scaling will also produce the awful render times. This clip my computer is choking on is 10 seconds long.... Produce the same clip using .png files or TitlerPro and it renders in seconds.

I'm glad you're willing to post here, but please set the YT video to Public or Unlisted rather than Private (as it is now) so we can all see what you've come up with

That was my mistake. I thought I had that video set to share. foot-in-mouth It should work now.
I am not sure I should keep posting these in the forums, because I feel like I am the only one using this portion. Still, I figured something out that was too fun not to share.... How to make planets natively in PowerDirector!

Stock footage used in this tutorial is from the free Nebula pack on PremiumBeat. Their new Space Kit can be found here. However, I am fairly certain this stuff can be made using the Particle Designer, or easily enough irl using liquid in an aquarium or onto a sheet of glass....

Making Planets

2 Tracks. Track 1 is the background, Track 2 is the planet.

Fish Eye makes the planet look spherical. Choose your size to taste (I used 70), set Degree to 200. Use Mask Designer to mask the effect area into a circle.

Focus adds the sphere’s shadow. Break the Width and Height lock, and set to within 10 points of each other (41 and 50 in this tutorial example). This gets rid of the cat’s eye shape, rounding things out. Gradient Depth is 3, and Alpha Degree is 200-255. You want the outer ring shadow to be very dark for realism.

Use PiP to key-frame position, scale, and even rotation as desired.

Lens Flare is optional, but can add more depth to the planet when added to its layer (sphere highlights), or act as a mini sun. Flare 4 is very sun-like. Key-frame position if you want I nice “sunrise” or “sunset”.

It took me a while to figure this out using just the onboard effects and particle designer. So, I figured I would share the technique I used to make a Star Trek styled transporter effect.

Transporter

3 layers. Track 1 is the background, 2 is your subject (keyed or masked in), 3 is the transporter particles.

Track 2: Place the Wipe Soft transition at the beginning of the clip. Modify transition to Down.
Apply the Glow and Lens Flare Effects.

Glow is Blur Radius 134, Glow Level 43.
Key frame to 0 levels at the end of the transport.

Lens Flare is
Size 153, Blend 0, Brightness 144
Frame Alpha 85, Frame Size 50, Light Size 57
Lens Flare Type 4. Light and Center Positions are set to center of the subject.
Key frame Blend to 100 at the end of transport.

Regarding the particle system: Use a plain, white sparkle as the particle. Mask method using a wide, spatter design.

Emit rate 100, Max Count 500, Life 3750, Life variation 25, Size 5, Size Variation 10, Speed 50, Speed Variation 25, Wave 0.45, Wave variance 50, Wave frequency 75, Symmetry 0, Rotation 0, Rotation speed 0, Rotation variance 100, Gravity 0, Enable Particle Overlay, All Fades checked. Duplicate this particle ten times (10 layers in the system). OR just download the particle system I created using the Director Zone link.
Go to: