Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I would kind of doubt you would have lost your perpetual key PD17, are you sure you can't still launch it?

Jeff

@JL_JL— Fantastic; it *did* still launch. Haha, in my old days, I knew other software could open multiple versions lots of times. I just definitely thought nowadays, companies have almost gotten absolute about roping it all into a subscription-based thing, and "what's done is done, you better pay monthly and pay now" mindset that had fully taken over. But yes, my version 17 launched, and I'm able to import this .MOV file. I shoulda just tried that anyway. Thank you, you rock.

Love CyberLink PowerDirector forums! Learned a lot from you folks!
Yesterday, I opened my Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 that I bought and installed on my laptop back in 2019. But today, the prompt encouraged me to update to the new CyberLink 365 2024 Windows. I did it sort of " just because", but I may need to roll back to my previous version. I just want to Import a .MOV file that someone sent me from their iPhone, and tag it with a logo. But right now, this thing is trying to get me get some sort of Premium upgrade in order to pull-in a .MOV file. I think I could import-in a .MOV file this with my previous version of CyberLink PowerDirector without having to purchase the Premium version, so how can I roll-back to my previous version of the software?
@optodata — I'll sniff out those solutions. You know me, I actually do the leg-work people suggest to me, here. But I *will* say, while I'm doing that, I need to refine my question better on one of the things about which I was talking:

So when I say "moving graphics" type of thing, I'm talking about, for instance, if you're ever watching "ESPN", and they'll haave (or they used to have) a little "S" graphic in the bottom-right corner, that'll rotate. Sometimes these types of graphics are, like, Metallic-looking, or they're 3-D, or whatever. I'm not maried to needing Metallic-look or 3-D, but I'm just saying, little moving graphics like that, which are just THERE on the screen, of the news broadcast. You see them on networks like CNN or FOX, or other video-media outlets, same thing; whether it be web-casts, TV shows on cable, whatever, it's just, they'll have little rotating elements by the Chyron, or whatever. Or maybe the technical term for what I *AM* talking is "Chyron". Anyway, that's the type of thing, overall, about which I'm talking.
..moving (animated) on-screen elements, like you see on talk-shows or news-shows? Like, little things that just sort of endless-loop float or rotate in the bottom right corner, or top-left corner, for example? Just little elements/graphics that move/rotate. I'm aware it's probably just a matter of importing a GIF, or importing another little mini-.MP4 or .SWF that'll play, or whatever. And even at this point, I'm pretty good about just creating .PNGs in Photoshop, and then importing them into my videos as little *STATIC* graphics that are in the corners of videos. But what about MOVING ones? Anyone know of a package or add-on that I could buy from, say, Cyberlink; or where I could get such things? Do you just have to sit there, and say, reach out on fiverr for someone to just custom-make one every time..? Like, what do people do? And am I correct in thinking it just boils down to importing either moving .GIF or another little video-file? Is it another format or type of file that's an industry-standard about which I do not know..? Is .SWF still a thing for stuff like this..? I'm using CyberLink PowerDirector 17 64-Bit.
@optodata and @Gelephoto7669 ; can y'all please give me a link to a suggestion of a green-screen I can buy online? Clearly I'm new to all of this stuff, so whether it's a an actual bIg piece of wood or other structure that's green that I can somehow mount and hang behind me; or whether it's a green sheet that (as long as I shine enough light on it) I can use instead of a purple sheet; or, I don't know, maybe a big piece of foam or something that's green--can y'all link me to buying something like that online? Any suggestions? I think I'm covered on lights--I mean, I almost had everything good enough with the lights I do have even with this purple sheet. But yeah, the chroma key had a little trouble and I got a little purple noise. But I already had it really really close to perfect, even with such a bag purple sheet.

I'm currently still trying to get ColorDirector to launch, on my computer, so I can remove that "purple" behind me in these videos I wanna keep doing. The CyberLink techs are helping me troubleshoot why ColorDirector is not launching on my computer, but while it is not running, I have other videos I wanna shoot and produce.
Hello, I've got a question about content inside Width and Height of a given video project:

There've been times where I finished editing a video, and I get it looking great (Width and Height) in PowerDirector 17 64-Bit and as a .mp4 file on my hard drive, and it plays great in the default Video Player in Windows 10. But then, when I upload it onto, say, as a Facebook Cover Photo as a Video, it chops off some of the border around the bottom, and on the left and right sides of the video.

Are there scan-lines/grid-lines , dotted-lines or whatever, that I can turn on, in PowerDirector 17 64-Bit, where I can see what's gonna be chopped off once I upload it to places like

1) YouTube
2) Rumble
3) Facebook "Cover Photo"
4) Facebook as a Video post
5) really, as a Video post on *any* social media platform

I just hate the idea of adding all these graphic elements, text elements, Chroma Key--all this stuff--and getting it juuuuuuuust right in both PowerDirector 17 64-Bit and as a standalone .mp4 in the Video Player on my harddrive. But then all of a sudden, I lose half the bottom of the video; or lose like 25% of the left-and-right side content inside the video, after I upload it.
Quote Sounds like something's wrong with the app. Try uninstalling it then reboot your computer and install it again. When you go to launch it, right-click on the desktop icon and choose Run as administrator and see if that lets you procede all the way through.

If you're still having trouble you may want to contact CL tech support from this page. Note that it will likely take a day or two for them to respond so you may want to move foraward with the mask & chroma key approach in PD from your other thread.

Ok, thanks for the tips, I'll give that whirl. While I was waiting for responses, I actually *completed* an entire subtitling of this video, heh. So, that's actually super-cool~
Quote (continued from this thread where you an see the full-background of the problem I am having: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/86063.page#356283 )

here's 2 screenshots of what I see:

So on the first screen, note I see the tab for "ColorDirector", so I click it.

On that second screen, that's the endless loop. Yes, I completedly exited out of all my Cyberlink programs, and rebooted my system, and then got to these two screens. What I'm saying is, that when I enter my e-mail address that is my e-mail address that I used to initially purchase my full Power Director 17 64-Bit that I use now, and this same e-mail and password I use for these very forums; whenever I try to enter those two into the two fields like I am supposed to, it's like the Operating System doesn't even recognize that I have entered anything into the e-mail address field. And yes, I am aware that on the screenshot 2 I showed you, above, the fields are empty. But what I am telling you is that even when I *HAVE* filled-in both the "E-mail" field, and the "Password" field, there's a red "focus" border around "Email" as if I have not entered-in anything. And if you can tell, the "Sign in" button is somewhat grayed-out, *EVEN WHEN I HAVE INPUT BOTH E-MAIL AND PASSWORD INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE FIELDS". What's going on? This is incredibly frustrating. The operating sytem is acting like it "can't tell" I've entered-in an e-mail address at all, because there's the red "Focus" border around "E-Mail", even after I've entered it.

..and just so we don't waste time, in a place where I have asked this on another Thread in this forum () , someone else said:

"Thanks for the screenshots.
It looks like that after you enter your email and password, there is a big blue rectangular Sign in button that you have to click with the mouse to get rid of that screen.
If that is not it then click the Quick Registration blue button shown in that screenshot. You can always just wait for a different answer from others that may see something else that may be the issue."

And this is my repsonse to that, which I posted in that other thread, and what I am posting again, here, now:

"@tomasc - I appreciate your checking back on my needy topic, here. But I am sorry to say that neither of those options you say are possible for me. Literally, the program does not allow me to click either "Sign in" *OR* "Quick Registration" (believe me, I've tried both, tons of times) . It's as I said, the program is not leaving the red focus around the E-mail field, as if the Operating System does not even recognize that I have input anything into the Email field; therefore, whenever I attempt to click the "Sign in" or "Quick Registration", literally nothing happens. I mean *NOTHING*. No other prompts, no error prompts, no new browser window, no sounds, no movement on anything in the dialogue bx, field, screen, on the program, or anything at all."

So, I need help, even now, and have literally no idea what to do or where to turn; and I am trying to take a multi-color purple background gradient out of a video file so that I can Publish the final result. Please.
Quote Thanks for the screenshots.

It looks like that after you enter your email and password, there is a big blue rectangular Sign in button that you have to click with the mouse to get rid of that screen.

If that is not it then click the Quick Registration blue button shown in that screenshot. You can always just wait for a different answer from others that may see something else that may be the issue.

@tomasc - I appreciate your checking back on my needy topic, here. But I am sorry to say that neither of those options you say are possible for me. Literally, the program does not allow me to click either "Sign in" *OR* "Quick Registration" (believe me, I've tried both, tons of times) . It's as I said, the program is not leaving the red focus around the E-mail field, as if the Operating System does not even recognize that I have input anything into the Email field; therefore, whenever I attempt to click the "Sign in" or "Quick Registration", literally nothing happens. I mean *NOTHING*. No other prompts, no error prompts, no new browser window, no sounds, no movement on anything in the dialogue bx, field, screen, on the program, or anything at all.

I am also asking about this here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/86065.page#356284
(continued from this thread where you an see the full-background of the problem I am having: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/86063.page#356283 )

here's 2 screenshots of what I see:

On that second screen, that's the endless loop. Yes, I completedly exited out of all my Cyberlink programs, and rebooted my system, and then got to these two screens. What I'm saying is, that when I enter my e-mail address that is my e-mail address that I used to initially purchase my full Power Director 17 64-Bit that I use now, and this same e-mail and password I use for these very forums; whenever I try to enter those two into the two fields like I am supposed to, it's like the Operating System doesn't even recognize that I have entered anything into the e-mail address field. And yes, I am aware that on the screenshot 2 I showed you, above, the fields are empty. But what I am telling you is that even when I *HAVE* filled-in both the "E-mail" field, and the "Password" field, there's a red "focus" border around "Email" as if I have not entered-in anything. And if you can tell, the "Sign in" button is somewhat grayed-out, *EVEN WHEN I HAVE INPUT BOTH E-MAIL AND PASSWORD INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE FIELDS". What's going on? This is incredibly frustrating. The operating sytem is acting like it "can't tell" I've entered-in an e-mail address at all, because there's the red "Focus" border around "E-Mail", even after I've entered it.

@tomasc - hold on, here's a screenshot, about to post it:

@tomasc - here's 2 screenshots of what I see:

Quote I believe that you entered your email to download that ColorDirector. Maybe someone else can help as I can’t see your screen. Any email and any password you choose should work on the ColorDirector. Maybe the password need to be at least 8 characters long, include an upper case and number, etc. Things have changed since PD17, 3 years ago.

You need to close your PD17, 19, or 20. After installing the ColorDirector you can restart PD with your project. Highlight that purple background clip on the timeline. Click the Fix/Enhance button and click the ColorDirector button. ColorDirector opens. Choose the motion tracking mask. Here are some help files: https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/colordirector/10/enu/06_02_06_motion_tracking.html?q=motion+tracking+mask .

Hit the big Back button on the top left to get back to PowerDirector after you are finished with ColorDirector.

You may want to search this forum for help on ColorDirector and see some tutorisls too.

@tomasc - hold on, here's a screenshot, about to post it:

@tomasc - I downloaded it onto my computer, installed it onto my computer. Now, when I run the program, I get a dialogue box that's asking

"Sign in to continue"

And two fields, for

Password

And well, I am TRYING this same e-mail address and password with which I use to log into these forums, which is the same e-mail address and password I used to originally purchase my CyberLink Power Director 17 64-Bit, and, like I say, what I use to log into these forums; but this black dialog box doesn't move. It just sits there and puts a little red-border around the "Email" field, (where it wants me to input my e-mail address) , and doesn't give any indication of moving forward..? What's the deal..? I have no idea how to launch this program obviously. What's the problem? Do you need a screenshot?

Sorry for previous confusion - I am using Power Director 17 64-Bit.

@optodate - this guy on this thread:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/86063.page#356277

Says I should try "Color Director". But, like what I said in this thread, apparently I'm having trouble even launching this thing. Here's what's happening:

I downloaded it onto my computer, installed it onto my computer. Now, when I run the program, I get a dialogue box that's asking

"Sign in to continue"

And two fields, for

Password

And well, I am TRYING this same e-mail address and password with which I use to log into these forums, which is the same e-mail address and password I used to originally purchase my CyberLink Power Director 17 64-Bit, and, like I say, what I use to log into these forums; but this black dialog box doesn't move. It just sits there and puts a little red-border around the "Email" field, (where it wants me to input my e-mail address) , and doesn't give any indication of moving forward..? What's the deal..? I have no idea how to launch this program obviously. What's the problem? Do you need a screenshot?

Any ideas..?

Sorry for previous confusion - I am using Power Director 17 64-Bit.

Word up―you rock, @optodata, and I am grateful for the insights. I'll keep plugging away..

@optodate - this guy on this thread:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/86063.page#356277

Says I should try "Color Director". But, like what I said in this thread, apparently I'm having trouble even launching this thing. Here's what's happening:

I downloaded it onto my computer, installed it onto my computer. Now, when I run the program, I get a dialogue box that's asking

"Sign in to continue"

And two fields, for

Password

Any ideas..?

@tomasc - scratch that, I have just downloaded it. How do I use it oin accordance with my Power Director 19? Is it it own separate program? Is it available to be used "within" Power Director 19..? How do I use it for this case, particularly/specifically?

@tomasc - I downloaded it onto my computer, installed it onto my computer. Now, when I run the program, I get a dialogue box that's asking

"Sign in to continue"

And two fields, for

Password

May I use this with Power Director 19? That's what I'm using now. Must I pay for this? Or, where's a download link?

@tomasc - scratch that, I have just downloaded it. How do I use it oin accordance with my Power Director 19? Is it it own separate program? Is it available to be used "within" Power Director 19..? How do I use it for this case, particularly/specifically?
Quote This video screenshot looks like that it is a good candidate for using the motion mask in ColorDirector to isolate the subject from the background. You may want to download the trial to see if it works for you.

May I use this with Power Director 17 64-Bit? That's what I'm using now. Must I pay for this? Or, where's a download link?
Quote It sounds like you're doing all the right things. I can't give you exact steps but by experimenting and trying out the tools you're building valuable experience and knowledge.

There's always a trade-off between how you want the finished video to look versus the amount of (additional) editing needed to wring out those last nagging details, and by playing with the triangle masks and 3 chroma keys I think you'll end up with something usable without a ton of editing.

Word up―you rock, @optodata, and I am grateful for the insights. I'll keep plugging away..

That's basically what masking does. It completely removes everything outside the masked area and you can replace that with whatever your intended background will be.

Chroma keying the small remaining area near the person's head will let you blend in the new background all the way up to their hair, and that's where the keyframing of the mask comes into play as you'll probably need to tweak its poistion, the feathering and maybe its shape to keep things looking smooth.

Ok. Totally point-taken, in that I'll buy a better bg next time/or come up with a better one. Cool. Totally right, understood.

As far as this time: I am finding that this "Triangle" mask eats up a BIG chunk of nearly *ALL* the purple. So right now, I'm trying to find a certain combination of three Chroma Key shades of purple, in this video, that will not mess up this subject's skin/teeth/eyeballs, as I go through--*AFTER* taking out this big bite as Step 1 with the Triangle Mask. I feel like I'm like 90% "there" with this approach *this time*, if that makes sense..? So let me ask this:

So do you recommend that with these three "bites" I'm trying to take with 3 Chroma keys (I'm using PowerDirector 17 64-Bit), should I pick those shades closest to the head of the person, in taking these last three "Bites", with these 3 Chroma Keys? Would that be the best? Again--I realize the "best" thing is the better bg, but I am committed on this one, honestly, I'm not going to re-shoot this. And I can actually live with a little purple as a bg coming through, honestly--I don't mind if it has a home-brewn twist/feel at least a little bit. That's acceptable, for this particular video. What I DON'T want is too many stupid-flashing 4x4s or 16x16s (as I intend to produce this 4k) .
Go to: