Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a repository or add-on package I can buy for..
TravisJ [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 12, 2019 21:02 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
..moving (animated) on-screen elements, like you see on talk-shows or news-shows? Like, little things that just sort of endless-loop float or rotate in the bottom right corner, or top-left corner, for example? Just little elements/graphics that move/rotate. I'm aware it's probably just a matter of importing a GIF, or importing another little mini-.MP4 or .SWF that'll play, or whatever. And even at this point, I'm pretty good about just creating .PNGs in Photoshop, and then importing them into my videos as little *STATIC* graphics that are in the corners of videos. But what about MOVING ones? Anyone know of a package or add-on that I could buy from, say, Cyberlink; or where I could get such things? Do you just have to sit there, and say, reach out on fiverr for someone to just custom-make one every time..? Like, what do people do? And am I correct in thinking it just boils down to importing either moving .GIF or another little video-file? Is it another format or type of file that's an industry-standard about which I do not know..? Is .SWF still a thing for stuff like this..? I'm using CyberLink PowerDirector 17 64-Bit.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It all depends on what you want to moving graphics to do. If it's a custom logo you'd want to ask for a transparent (alpha channel) .MOV clip from someone on fivver (for example).

If it's a generic item like an animated "like" or "subscribe" item, there are plenty available for free online, including on CL's Directorzone website. They also have content packs you can purchase (all of which are included in the subscription plan if you're interested in upgrading to that product).
TravisJ [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 12, 2019 21:02 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
@optodata — I'll sniff out those solutions. You know me, I actually do the leg-work people suggest to me, here. But I *will* say, while I'm doing that, I need to refine my question better on one of the things about which I was talking:

So when I say "moving graphics" type of thing, I'm talking about, for instance, if you're ever watching "ESPN", and they'll haave (or they used to have) a little "S" graphic in the bottom-right corner, that'll rotate. Sometimes these types of graphics are, like, Metallic-looking, or they're 3-D, or whatever. I'm not maried to needing Metallic-look or 3-D, but I'm just saying, little moving graphics like that, which are just THERE on the screen, of the news broadcast. You see them on networks like CNN or FOX, or other video-media outlets, same thing; whether it be web-casts, TV shows on cable, whatever, it's just, they'll have little rotating elements by the Chyron, or whatever. Or maybe the technical term for what I *AM* talking is "Chyron". Anyway, that's the type of thing, overall, about which I'm talking.