Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote If the discs are formatted FAT32, then the limitation is that a single file can't be bigger than 4GB.
In NTFS that limitation is gone (well, as implemented, limit is 16TB).

Thanks for this. I checked the drive and my disk is formatted NTFS and Power Director 365 (Screen Recorder 4) is still shutting down at 4.3 GB

Any other suggestions?

I have 3TB available on the disk drive.

Thanks,
jaydigital
Quote You didn't ever post any relevant technical details like DxDiag test results, so there's no way for any of us volunteers to know how your computer is configured.

Since you're the only person posting about the issue, it's think fair to say that the problem is due to something not working correctly on your PC. CL tech support would likely be able to help if you'd like to pursue that option.

This is not the first time I reported this.

Could be my computer or a host of other things.

Only thing I can't use is Edit for layers. I'll get by. I never have problems with FireWorks. It's old, but layers photos quite nicely, and i have a permanent license.

I just do not have the time to do Cyberlink Support's data gathering every time I have an issue. I've even tried paying for it, but they can't be bothered.

Thanks for responding,

Jaydigital

Hi Optodata,
I apologize for not responding promptly, but I have been very busy with trying to sell our home and relocate to Texas, However, I am still having problems with the saving the PHI file.

I used to be able to save a long list of layers from the Edit mode and recall it later from my folder on my computer - all layers intact. Now this works sometimes but not consistently. I have been trying to recall the PHI File from the "Add PHI file" in the menu. Is there another way to load a previously saved PHI file?

Thanks,
John

I guess if it works for everyone there, the problem is in my computer.

When I go into the Edit Mode, I get a "Loading" that flashes forever. even through reloads, restarts and new Projects.

PIX: I'm disgusted. Going back to Adobe Fireworks. Let me know when there is a new version and it has been reasonably tested.

jaydigital

That's the version I have, but I'm not seeing any obvious issues saving to PHI. Could you possible make a screen recording showing the exact editing steps you're making and when you're saving the PHI file?

Getting a clear look at everything you're doing can help other people replicate the p[roblem or possibly suggest changes to the workflow that might avoid (or reduce the occurance of) the issues altogether.

You can upload the video to YouTube (or Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) and paste the link to it here.

Hi Optodata,
I apologize for not responding promptly, but I have been very busy with trying to sell our home and relocate to Texas, However, I am still having problems with the saving the PHI file.

I used to be able to save a long list of layers from the Edit mode and recall it later from my folder on my computer - all layers intact. Now this works sometimes but not consistently. I have been trying to recall the PHI File from the "Add PHI file" in the menu. Is there another way to load a previously saved PHI file?

Thanks,
John
Hi PIX,

I also have the Director Suite 365. The PhD Version is 11.1.2418.0 (64bit); Version Type - 365; SR Number190918-02

I have reinstalled the app through the Application Manager 3 times. I can save the image after adjusting it just fine. But when I start trying to build a layered stack, the image changes size and gets blurred.

Sometimes it give me the error message I reported earlier about the "photofile being in use".

I have had to just discontinue using this mode.

Thanks for your thoughts.
jaydigital
Sorry to report that the new PhD 365 is unusable in the Edit modeon my computer. I cannot save a file from the edited layers to my computer without an error message or blurring of the image. This mode needs more testing and a new release.

I'm using an HP ENVY all-in-one desktop.

Thanks,

jaydigital
Quote Hello Jaydigital,

I haven't had that particular message, but I suspect there's a reasonably simple explanation for it.

When I'm in the Edit module & select Save/Share, then Save as a PhotoDirector Layer File (*.PHI), lay .PHI is saved & imported into the library.

Can you provide further deatils that might provide any clues?

PIX

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi PIX,
I was using the same sequence that you described.

I also found another similar post on this forum in which you advised the person that it was probably a corrupted Project. And you advised that person to try it in a new project. He said it worked.

Luckly, I was using my Project for testing and was able to start over without loosing a real project. And it appeared to work.

I also uninstalled the PhD 11 and reinstalled it as part of my testing. I was able to use the Save/Share button correctly after that.

I had been receiving error message consistently for two days. Perhaps a dozen times with various images in the Edit layers.

The only thing unusual I can point to is that I was using an image that I created in Fireworks as the background. It has a transparent core inside the image.

After starting over with a new Project, It worked fine.

Wish I could be of more help.

Thanks for getting back to me.
jaydigital
Has anyone else been getting the error message in Photo Director 365 when attempting to save a PHI file from the Edit mode?
Hi,

I have a new PhD 265 project with about 35 photos in it.

I have scanned the printed images and imported them into the PhD 365. I have adjusted all of them and they are stored in the proper folder.

I am now trying to "Edit" them into layers and when I click on the "Edit" button across the top, the PhD365 changes to the "Edit" mode but it give me a "Loading" message with a continous wheel. This happens no matter whick photo I choose. I cannot get past it.

I have tried uninstsalling/re-installing the PhD 365 and using it with a new project and subfolder of the same images.

But nothing has stopped the wheel from turning and preventing me from getting the layers started.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to go forward?

Thanks,
jaydigital
Quote Hello again John,

My poor old eyes had enormous trouble checking the details in your screen capture because it was produced to 480p. I can see you have quite a complex folder tree, but I don't think that's causing the delays you've reported.

I have the 365 version of PhD11 installed on an older & less capable computer (one I don't use for editing any longer). On that PC, I made a similar screen capture to yours, showing the real time import, rendering & capture.

Perhaps other members may be able to see a possible cause for the delays you're experiencing, but I haven't put my finger on it yet.

PIX

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Pix,

I believe I may have been the problem again. I was not aware that there was a place to provide the name for the folder in a new folder import. I thought it would do this automatically from the folder in the hard drive.

I have only recently noticed this as I was doing more imports. My system shows a series of numbers in the name field. I don't know where that series shows up, but the images must go somewhere.

If I replace the numbers with the folder name I want to use, it does appear in the tree after the import with a short pause.

Thanks, as usual for you assistance.
Hope my experience helps someone.
John
Quote Thank you for doing that.

The simplest thing to do is upload your screen capture .mp4 to either a shared file site, such as Google Drive or OneDrive or YouTube, then post the link here.

PIX

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi PIX,

Here is the link to the dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plmdt3iwb71uio6/Folder-Upload.mp4?dl=0

Good luck.

Thanks,
John
Quote Hello John,

Firstly, please don't apologise for reporting issues or asking questions. That is (largely) the purpose of a forum such as this. Whether it's a software issue or something particular to your circumstance, it's helpful for all members (including you and me).

My workflow with PhD typically involves importing folders of images, organised in folders & sub-folders on my PC's hard drives. That sounds just like what you're doing.

I have the images sorted on the disk-drive by category.
I go to "Import" in PhD 365 and select the folder on the disk-drive that contains the images I want to edit.
I select all the images in the import window and import them. Everything looks ok.

So, my folder structure/tree in PhD is a direct reflection of how the photos are organised on the HDD. Is that so in your case?

Yes, in PhD, the group of imported photos is displayed in Smart Collection > Latest Imports and in the appropriate folders & sub-folders under the Folders tab. Of course, once other photos are subsequently imported, those photos no longer appear in "Latest Imports" (because they're not!).

Eventually, I notice that the ENVY-Graduation category has displayed and populated - but I cannot tell how it happened.

Here, the imported folder is poulated immediately as the photos are imported. The only "delays" I find are (a) when importing large numbers of photos rendering takes some time, and (b) when I'm using a less capably PC.

From your description, it doesn't appear that you're importing excessively large numbers of photos that might slow down the works.

If possible, a real-time screen capture showing what's happening with your PhD on your PC would be very helpful in resolving this problem.

PIX

Hi PIX,

I recorded a video of me trying to upload a Folder from my hard-drive to PhD 365. However, I received an error message as this app was saving the file for transmission:

"413 Request Entity Too Large"
nginx

The file is an mp4 file of 50.6 MB.

Is there a way to compress the file and still have you receive it?

Thanks,
jaydigital
Hi,
I apologize for continually asking questiions that must be obvious to everyone else. But here is my latest.

I'm working on tracking a project of approximately 500 photos. I am trying to organize them into folders as I select them for editing in a specific category under Folders (C > Envy-Product_images (432)> ENVY-Ventures (431)> ENVY-Military-Life (431)> ENVY-EPdwards-AFB (431) v ENVY-Class-Costumes (25) v ENVY-Coral-Sea (6) v ENVY-Jobs (15) v ENVY-
francis-Visit (63) etc.

The workflow seems to be working out prettty well, but I keep getting hung-up when I start a new category like ENVY-Graduation.

Here is what I try to do:

1. I have the images sorted on the disk-drive by category.

2. I go to "Import" in PhD 365 and select the folder on the disk-drive that contains the images I want to edit.

3. I select all the images in the import window and import them. Everything looks ok.

4. The images appear in the Smart Collection as the Latest Imports and the All Photos.

5. But here's the problem - they do not appear as images in a new folder (ENVY-Graduation) in the Folders panel.

6. So, I start editing the images by using the list from the Smart Collection-Latest Imports. That works fine.

7. Eventually, I notice that the ENVY-Graduation category has displayed and populated - but I cannot tell how it happened.

I would like to establish the category and then populate and edit the images in the catagory as I import the images into it. What am I missing?

Thanks,
jaydigital
Quote Hello John & optodata,

It would appear that DirectorZone is definitely the source of the presets. They are made by users Henry & maria (who must have taken a course in giving presets next-to-useless names).

Here is one of Henry's HDR presets and one of maria's predefinito presets.

John, I don't understand why you don't have the right click > Rename/Delete/Export option on your Downloaded & Custom presets.

""""

You might try this as an alternative:

1. Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Cyberlink\PhotoDirector\Adjustment Presets\Downloaded Presets

2. Manually delete the presets [.pdadj] you don't want

3. Restart PhotoDirector.

PIX

>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi PIX,

First of all - I do have the "right click > Rename/Delete/Export option on your Downloaded & Custom presets." on my PhotoDirector 365.
The "Delete" option just do not work.

Then, THANKS for the path to the folder that contains the Preset files. I have had a request for the path to this location for about 4 days, but have received nothing back except for a page requesting a lot of data on my system.

It worked fine to delete the files. However, I could not download a new Preset to test my PhD.

I guess I will just use my own Presets. They seem to work best to get me into the ballpark for importing groups of fotos from the same event.

I notice that the number of Presets available are decreasing. Are you planning on replacing this feature alltogether?

Thanks for your assistance.

jaydigital
Quote You didn't say what the presets are, but if you can't delete them from their library, they might be listed as a separate program when you right-click on the Win Start menu and look in the Apps & features list. If so, you can uninstall it from there.

If you have the subscription version, you need to use the AppManager and click on the Packs tab. Select the Installed pack you don't want then right-click and choose Uninstall.

>>>>
The presets are the "Predefinito" pack
The "Pre" pack
The "HDR Teiltonung" pack

But I cannot find these in the Application Manager. And actually, I do not see any Preset packs in the Application Manager

Confused!!

Thanks,
John
I downloaded a pack of Presets and now they will not be removed by right -clicking and clicking "delete".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Hi tomasc

Sorry to bother you guys again, But the two halves are not merging again. What could be causing PhD10 to revert to the distroted version after it did such a beautiful job yesterday? Is there some sequence to picking the photos you want to merge or preferences to the file format?

Thanks,
John

After doing more research on why the merge sometimes failed, or was distorted, it appears to me that the preliminary scan must first confirm that there is enough commonality between the seperate photos to make the proper alignment. And this goes to any presets that may have been applied to the originals.

It also appears that the software may alter the content's geometry (alter the height, width, placement) to get what it consideres proper allignment.

Is this correct? Can anyone confirm this?

By deeper attention to the preparation of the photos, I was get a much more reliable and acceptable "merge".

Thanks,
John
Quote Thanks for the update. Glad that you got it working now.

Hi tomasc

Sorry to bother you guys again, But the two halves are not merging again. What could be causing PhD10 to revert to the distroted version after it did such a beautiful job yesterday? Is there some sequence to picking the photos you want to merge or preferences to the file format?

Thanks,
John
Quote I did not use the 360 Photo Editor. You got in the wrong section.

Select your pictures. Go to Edit/Photo Merge/Panorama/ drag the two images upward/Click Merge/Save To/choose a path and save it as a png.

Don't know what I was doing wrong, I may have loaded them one at a time.

Works great now.

Thanks a lot,
John
Quote I did not use the 360 Photo Editor. You got in the wrong section.

Select your pictures. Go to Edit/Photo Merge/Panorama/ drag the two images upward/Click Merge/Save To/choose a path and save it as a png.

I'm still not there. Don't know what I'm looking at. Here is the image that it gave me. I assiumed it was a 360 photo since I have never worked with one.

Thanks,
John
Go to: