Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am unable to remove the Presets in PhotoDirector365 that I downloaded from Cyberlink.
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded a pack of Presets and now they will not be removed by right -clicking and clicking "delete".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2019 15:11

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You didn't say what the presets are, but if you can't delete them from their library, they might be listed as a separate program when you right-click on the Win Start menu and look in the Apps & features list. If so, you can uninstall it from there.

If you have the subscription version, you need to use the AppManager and click on the Packs tab. Select the Installed pack you don't want then right-click and choose Uninstall.
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You didn't say what the presets are, but if you can't delete them from their library, they might be listed as a separate program when you right-click on the Win Start menu and look in the Apps & features list. If so, you can uninstall it from there.

If you have the subscription version, you need to use the AppManager and click on the Packs tab. Select the Installed pack you don't want then right-click and choose Uninstall.

>>>>
The presets are the "Predefinito" pack
The "Pre" pack
The "HDR Teiltonung" pack

But I cannot find these in the Application Manager. And actually, I do not see any Preset packs in the Application Manager

Confused!!

Thanks,
John
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The more details you supply, the easier it's going to be to help you.

I don't see any packs with names like that on this page. but if you're not in the US you might have different options and names. I still can't tell what kind of presets they are. Do they include titles, or particles, or lower thirds? Which library or libraries do you see them in?

Also, please tell us exactly where you got the packs, like the link to whichever web page you downloaded them from; or if you used the App Manager (even though you don't see them listed there now). Did you find them on DirectorZone?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Hello John & optodata,

It would appear that DirectorZone is definitely the source of the presets. They are made by users Henry & maria (who must have taken a course in giving presets next-to-useless names).

Here is one of Henry's HDR presets and one of maria's predefinito presets.

John, I don't understand why you don't have the right click > Rename/Delete/Export option on your Downloaded & Custom presets.

""

You might try this as an alternative:

1. Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Cyberlink\PhotoDirector\Adjustment Presets\Downloaded Presets

2. Manually delete the presets [.pdadj] you don't want

3. Restart PhotoDirector.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello John & optodata,

It would appear that DirectorZone is definitely the source of the presets. They are made by users Henry & maria (who must have taken a course in giving presets next-to-useless names).

Here is one of Henry's HDR presets and one of maria's predefinito presets.

John, I don't understand why you don't have the right click > Rename/Delete/Export option on your Downloaded & Custom presets.

""""

You might try this as an alternative:

1. Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Cyberlink\PhotoDirector\Adjustment Presets\Downloaded Presets

2. Manually delete the presets [.pdadj] you don't want

3. Restart PhotoDirector.

PIX

>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi PIX,

First of all - I do have the "right click > Rename/Delete/Export option on your Downloaded & Custom presets." on my PhotoDirector 365.
The "Delete" option just do not work.

Then, THANKS for the path to the folder that contains the Preset files. I have had a request for the path to this location for about 4 days, but have received nothing back except for a page requesting a lot of data on my system.

It worked fine to delete the files. However, I could not download a new Preset to test my PhD.

I guess I will just use my own Presets. They seem to work best to get me into the ballpark for importing groups of fotos from the same event.

I notice that the number of Presets available are decreasing. Are you planning on replacing this feature alltogether?

Thanks for your assistance.

jaydigital