Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Photo File is in use
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone else been getting the error message in Photo Director 365 when attempting to save a PHI file from the Edit mode?
[Post New]
Hello Jaydigital,

I haven't had that particular message, but I suspect there's a reasonably simple explanation for it.

When I'm in the Edit module & select Save/Share, then Save as a PhotoDirector Layer File (*.PHI), lay .PHI is saved & imported into the library.

Can you provide further deatils that might provide any clues?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Jaydigital,

I haven't had that particular message, but I suspect there's a reasonably simple explanation for it.

When I'm in the Edit module & select Save/Share, then Save as a PhotoDirector Layer File (*.PHI), lay .PHI is saved & imported into the library.

Can you provide further deatils that might provide any clues?

PIX

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi PIX,
I was using the same sequence that you described.

I also found another similar post on this forum in which you advised the person that it was probably a corrupted Project. And you advised that person to try it in a new project. He said it worked.

Luckly, I was using my Project for testing and was able to start over without loosing a real project. And it appeared to work.

I also uninstalled the PhD 11 and reinstalled it as part of my testing. I was able to use the Save/Share button correctly after that.

I had been receiving error message consistently for two days. Perhaps a dozen times with various images in the Edit layers.

The only thing unusual I can point to is that I was using an image that I created in Fireworks as the background. It has a transparent core inside the image.

After starting over with a new Project, It worked fine.

Wish I could be of more help.

Thanks for getting back to me.
jaydigital