Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Merging two halves of a document
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I have scanned two halves of a document that is too large for my scanner.The two haves are overlapping

Can someone point me to a tutorial, or give me the work flow that will permit them to look like a single document. The document has been hanging on the wall for 30 years, but is still quite readable in its frame.

Thanks,
John
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This may help. See this tutorial: https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/photo/136/incredibly-simple-way-to-create-panoramic-photos .
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks tomasc,

I think this will do it. Saved me a couple of hours of finding the correct tools.

John
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks tomasc,

I think this will do it. Saved me a couple of hours of finding the correct tools.

John

The merger was beautiful. How do I get it out of the 360 mode to finish it up? . Never worked with that before.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did not use the 360 Photo Editor. You got in the wrong section.

Select your pictures. Go to Edit/Photo Merge/Panorama/ drag the two images upward/Click Merge/Save To/choose a path and save it as a png.
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I did not use the 360 Photo Editor. You got in the wrong section.

Select your pictures. Go to Edit/Photo Merge/Panorama/ drag the two images upward/Click Merge/Save To/choose a path and save it as a png.

I'm still not there. Don't know what I'm looking at. Here is the image that it gave me. I assiumed it was a 360 photo since I have never worked with one.

Thanks,
John
[Thumb - Aeronautical Certification002-2.jpg]
 Filename
Aeronautical Certification002-2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I did not use the 360 Photo Editor. You got in the wrong section.

Don't know what I was doing wrong, I may have loaded them one at a time.

Works great now.

Thanks a lot,
John
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the update. Glad that you got it working now.
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the update. Glad that you got it working now.

Hi tomasc

Sorry to bother you guys again, But the two halves are not merging again. What could be causing PhD10 to revert to the distroted version after it did such a beautiful job yesterday? Is there some sequence to picking the photos you want to merge or preferences to the file format?

Thanks,
John
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi tomasc

Sorry to bother you guys again, But the two halves are not merging again. What could be causing PhD10 to revert to the distroted version after it did such a beautiful job yesterday? Is there some sequence to picking the photos you want to merge or preferences to the file format?

Thanks,
John

After doing more research on why the merge sometimes failed, or was distorted, it appears to me that the preliminary scan must first confirm that there is enough commonality between the seperate photos to make the proper alignment. And this goes to any presets that may have been applied to the originals.

It also appears that the software may alter the content's geometry (alter the height, width, placement) to get what it consideres proper allignment.

Is this correct? Can anyone confirm this?

By deeper attention to the preparation of the photos, I was get a much more reliable and acceptable "merge".

Thanks,
John
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote After doing more research on why the merge sometimes failed, or was distorted, it appears to me that the preliminary scan must first confirm that there is enough commonality between the seperate photos to make the proper alignment. And this goes to any presets that may have been applied to the originals.

It also appears that the software may alter the content's geometry (alter the height, width, placement) to get what it consideres proper allignment.

Is this correct? Can anyone confirm this?

By deeper attention to the preparation of the photos, I was get a much more reliable and acceptable "merge".

Thanks,
John

My first experience in creating panoramas in photos comes from using Canon cameras using that function. That was about twenty years ago. You have to line up the stationary edge guide projected on the viewfinder or screen which show about a 30% overlap horizontally or else it will fail without that overlap. Scanned documents also need that overlap to work with the Canon software. Later I find that MS Ice and PhD10 requires the same overlap to be successful.

I can only say reads the instructions for any camera, scanner, or software and do it. All the software has worked about the same. Without the required overlap none of the stitching software are successful. Reading and experience is the best teacher. You have made headway into this.

Obviously I used the Canon cameras and their software for that function. I also used my scanner supplied software for that function, and now PhD10 for the same function.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2019 16:10