Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhD Version 11.1.2418.0 Is unusable in the "Edit" mode
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to report that the new PhD 365 is unusable in the Edit modeon my computer. I cannot save a file from the edited layers to my computer without an error message or blurring of the image. This mode needs more testing and a new release.

I'm using an HP ENVY all-in-one desktop.

Thanks,

jaydigital
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Have you reported this to CyberLink?

I'm sure someone on here will test this on their systems, but if you are reporting the issue to the developers, you will need to create a support ticket.
[Post New]
Hello jaydigital,

Can you please help me clarify something, because I'm confused?

Here, I have PhD11 installed as part of the DirectorSuite 365 bundle. According to (a freshly installed) Application Manager, PhD11 is up to date on version 11.1.2327.0

On a different computer, I have the perpetual version of PhD11 Ultra installed, which is up to date on version 11.0.2307.0

Can you check that your 365 build of PhD11 is, in fact, 11.1.2418.0?

Back to your question about saving .PHIs (PhD Layer files), I cannot replicate your issue. At the Save/Share stage, PHI files are saved as expected.

Here's a short screen capture using an inadequate PC:

PIX PIX YouTube channel
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi PIX,

I also have the Director Suite 365. The PhD Version is 11.1.2418.0 (64bit); Version Type - 365; SR Number190918-02

I have reinstalled the app through the Application Manager 3 times. I can save the image after adjusting it just fine. But when I start trying to build a layered stack, the image changes size and gets blurred.

Sometimes it give me the error message I reported earlier about the "photofile being in use".

I have had to just discontinue using this mode.

Thanks for your thoughts.
jaydigital
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The PhD Version is 11.1.2418.0 (64bit); Version Type - 365; SR Number190918-02

That's the version I have, but I'm not seeing any obvious issues saving to PHI. Could you possible make a screen recording showing the exact editing steps you're making and when you're saving the PHI file?

Getting a clear look at everything you're doing can help other people replicate the p[roblem or possibly suggest changes to the workflow that might avoid (or reduce the occurance of) the issues altogether.

You can upload the video to YouTube (or Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) and paste the link to it here.
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's the version I have, but I'm not seeing any obvious issues saving to PHI. Could you possible make a screen recording showing the exact editing steps you're making and when you're saving the PHI file?

Getting a clear look at everything you're doing can help other people replicate the p[roblem or possibly suggest changes to the workflow that might avoid (or reduce the occurance of) the issues altogether.

You can upload the video to YouTube (or Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) and paste the link to it here.

Hi Optodata,
I apologize for not responding promptly, but I have been very busy with trying to sell our home and relocate to Texas, However, I am still having problems with the saving the PHI file.

I used to be able to save a long list of layers from the Edit mode and recall it later from my folder on my computer - all layers intact. Now this works sometimes but not consistently. I have been trying to recall the PHI File from the "Add PHI file" in the menu. Is there another way to load a previously saved PHI file?

Thanks,
John
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi Optodata,
I apologize for not responding promptly, but I have been very busy with trying to sell our home and relocate to Texas, However, I am still having problems with the saving the PHI file.

I used to be able to save a long list of layers from the Edit mode and recall it later from my folder on my computer - all layers intact. Now this works sometimes but not consistently. I have been trying to recall the PHI File from the "Add PHI file" in the menu. Is there another way to load a previously saved PHI file?

Thanks,
John

I guess if it works for everyone there, the problem is in my computer.

When I go into the Edit Mode, I get a "Loading" that flashes forever. even through reloads, restarts and new Projects.

PIX: I'm disgusted. Going back to Adobe Fireworks. Let me know when there is a new version and it has been reasonably tested.

jaydigital
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You didn't ever post any relevant technical details like DxDiag test results, so there's no way for any of us volunteers to know how your computer is configured.

Since you're the only person posting about the issue, it's think fair to say that the problem is due to something not working correctly on your PC. CL tech support would likely be able to help if you'd like to pursue that option.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You didn't ever post any relevant technical details like DxDiag test results, so there's no way for any of us volunteers to know how your computer is configured.

Since you're the only person posting about the issue, it's think fair to say that the problem is due to something not working correctly on your PC. CL tech support would likely be able to help if you'd like to pursue that option.

This is not the first time I reported this.

Could be my computer or a host of other things.

Only thing I can't use is Edit for layers. I'll get by. I never have problems with FireWorks. It's old, but layers photos quite nicely, and i have a permanent license.

I just do not have the time to do Cyberlink Support's data gathering every time I have an issue. I've even tried paying for it, but they can't be bothered.

Thanks for responding,

Jaydigital

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2020 22:02