Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I ask because W11 is now a thing so it's only a matter of time until I upgrade. And this is kind of a global question as I also use Photo Director and Screenrecorder and am looking at Audio Director too.

I'm using PD14. with a new W11 laptop. Yesterday I used the Full Feature editor all day without a problem. Today, after 30 seconds or so the program shuts down and a dialog box pops up asking me to report the problem to CL. And then the hotlink option to upgrade to 365, But 365 is a subscription (right?) and 14 is lifetime.

I'm not all that tech savvy, but can someone offer any hints?
I have been using PD for several years. I had to have a new hard drive and Windows system installed, and since then, after producing a video using H.265 HVEC I get the message that I need a new codec, that the file format is not supported. It is asking me to buy one from the Microsoft store (only $0.99) but I never had to do this before. The icon of the movie is also a generic icon, not what I used to see. What gives?

I find that my movie will play with VLC Media Playe, but I need to open VLC first, and then open the movie file. I would like to be able to simply click on the movie file.
Quote Sticky refers to the posts at the very top of the forum, they are pinned there so that they stay at the top regardless of how many posts are added. See picture.

To see the version number, click on the PowerDirector logo in the right hand corner. That will bring up the about screen.

Ok, this is what i see when I click on the blue words PowerDirector is the upper RH corner of my screen.

BTW, when I try to download what you had apparently attached it says it is not there, perhaps has been deleled.

After you place a title on the timeline, a double click on that title should open Title Designer.

Thanks for the screenshot. Please read this sticky and post the exact build number of PD14 that you have. It looks like that you may have a limited or free oem version with only 6 titles. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=18607 . You should have at least 111 titles for the paid retail version. It may be that you forgot to install the content packs that come with PD14. You can always download what you want from the DirectorZone for free.

Thank you for your help. I'm a reasonably intelligent person. but technolgy certainly causes so much frustration for me.

I bought PD 14, so It's not the free version. I am so ignorant when it comes to this that I don't know what a "sticky" is or where i would find the build version. I looked at the CD that the program came on and see no build version. But ... it does appear the Content Pack was not installed, and now it is.

Where does one find Title Designer in PD14, please?

OK, I found Title Designer but why are things not intuitive? I downloaded a scroll template. The message says it is downloaded and ready to be used. But where the heck is it? When i click on Downloaded (2) I see nothing other than the attached.
Quote Just about any title can be used. Using Title designer one can choose the starting effect scroll up.

Where does one find Title Designer in PD14, please?

Hi,
Since I have PDR12, 14, 15, 16, and 365 I can't find out exactly what titles only come with whatever version of PDR14 you have.

However, open the Title room and look for Scroll. I have 5 title types listed as in the image attached, 2 of which are vertical scrolls.

Check if one of these does what you require?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This what I see when I do what I think you requested.
Can this be done with PD 14? Seems so basic.

I am not a real power user, but can one upgrade (at some steep discount) to get features like this?
PD 14. I routinely save my project. I have some still images that I import into PD from an external HD. It seems that when I come back to my project after time away and having exited the program, disconnecting the HD, the still media I have imported are gone and the places where I inseted them on the track shows up as blanks.

Does the media not really get imported permanently?

Do I need to put those images onto my laptop's HD so as to not lose them?

Thanks in nadvance for the help.

1. Is it possible to apply a transition to a subtitle?

2. Is it possible to lock a subtitle to a still image that is on a second track so that if the image is moved the subtitle moves with it?
Please see my post on this exact topic on April 1, 2020. I give explict directions to do this.
Objective: remove video background behind a portrait orientation still image

Here's how I did it:

(I have a picture showing steps but I don't seem to be able to insert it.)

1. Insert main track in timeline
2. Insert portrait still in another track
3. Insert transitions at beginning and end of portrait still
4. Split timeline of main track. Note that the split goes in the middle of the portrait still transitions
5. Insert transitions at beginning and end of main track6.
6. Select the middle portion of the main track (i.e that portion that you want to delete the video from; turns blue)
7. Select MODIFY
8. Select MASK
9. Click on white mask box
10. Click on INVERT – this should remove the video in the background leaving the portrait still
11. Click SAVE under the PIP box

(I used to write freshman biology lab manuals. 'Never overestimate the ability of the students to follow directions."sealed)
Optodata, this is much appreciated. Thank you.
I am using PD 14 Full Feature Editor

I am producing interviews of race car drivers, and wish to insert (actually overwrite) 10 second still images into the interview without messing up the sync of the interview video with the audio. I.e. when the still image is gone and the video continues with the people doing the interview after the insertions I want the video of their lips to be in sync with the audio. That has not worked for me. Each time I do it there seems to be a very obvious shift in the audio and the longer the duration of the still the worse the synchronization.

1) How do I accomplish this?

2) Is it possible to add a transition (in and out) to the still image that I wish to insert? It seems that when I did that it exasperated the audio sync issue.

3) I would also like to add (overwrite) some video to the primarry video in my timeline. That video would have it's own audio that I would like to NOT have included, or said another way, I would like to have the interview audio go on "under" the overwritten audio. Can you tell me how to do that?
I have signed in but when I try to open one of the turtorials the scrreen just scrolls back to the top showing arrowheads at ether side of the screen separted by blank space. What's going on?

Are there other sources of tutorials?
Quote The PiP Designer/Properties tab has Fades that be enabled for fade in and/or out.

Thank you. I am using PD 15 and have been just inserting my PIP as a separate track. I will now look at the Designer.
What does this mean? (Upon importing media) "Selected file contains no Rich Video information to display scene info. Do you want to generate it now?"
Can a PIP object be transitioned separately from the main video? (I.e. can I fade in our out a PIP, e.g.?)
I use PD14 to create videos of racing events. I would like to have the name of the event in the lower right hand corner for the duration of the video, so everyone knows which event they are watching. I would also like to add subtitles periodically to point out things that are happening. However, it seems like I cannot do both.

Today I created the event name as the #1 subtitle, and made the duration about 4 minutes, the length of the video I then moved forward several seconds, and tried to create subitle #2. But when I clicked on the as the + subtitle #1 got shortened to the spot where I was doing the insertion of #2.

Is it possible to do what I want?
Power Director 14 Full Feature Editor. Is there a way to draw an arrow onto a video (to point somethign out)?
Go to: