Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Try the fx color preset Dreamy and the color LUTS Color Pop 01 - 12, Color Tone 01 - 12. Amount of correction is adjustable from 0 to 100%.

More bad news for PD20/365 users. I was going to suggest that Matt use the free NewBlue Effects Giveaways I posted last year. They show up for use in PD17 and PD Essentials and can be used in both. After getting the subscription, they no longer show up in the PD365 but still show up and are usable in PD17.

I just went through this with the Boris fx missing with CS.

Okl brilliant tomas thanks very much, I saw a video showing the NewBlue effects which I had also and went into PD last night to use the NewBlue and unable to find them, so yes that isn't fair for a start, maybe PD dont have a current agreement or something with them.

ANyway ill try your suggestion tomas thank you
Hi Folks,

I am trying to take some nice stock video and make it slightly blurred but still sharp or at least a soft slight foggy effect, also like a beautify effect you can get for photoshop.

Does anyone know of a third party effects pack that has a bunch of such effects to really tweak the footage and make it pop.

Happy to pay for such effects as I just want to give the video a film like high quality beautify makeover.

Thanks in advance
Hi folks,

This has happened a couple oif times where I have to cancel the download wether it be Audio Director or Powerdirect etc but the download using the Application Manager hangs at 98 or 99%.

In this case Audio Director wanted to update the program and the download is hanging at 98%, I ended up uninstalling Audfio Director and the download still sits at 98% just hanging.

Please how do I fix this.

On the 365 Programs thanks in advance

Hi,

I can't think it's possible to use/convert/import these into PDR. As far as I know, .MOGRT files are very specifically written to integrate into Adobe products and I haven't seen any conversion pathway to any other product range.

Maybe someone else might have some hands on experience??

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator.

Ok thank you, a shame as there is some great stuff, especially brush stroke lower thirds
Hi Folks,

Is it possible to import a .MOGRT file to Powerdirector 365, there are some amazing Motion graphics that I have not seen in PD, is it possible to convert these or import these into PD someway ?

Thanks in advance
Thanks for the replies, I have other video tracks on ther same timeline but well down the track, they all get moved as well even if I lock the other tracks, the video tracks well down the timeline get moved.

AND GET THIS, EVEN THOSE VIDEO TRACKS MOVE DESPITE THEY ARE LINKED NATIVELY TO THEIR OWN AUDIO TRACK!!

The lack of intuitevity absolutely flaws me, there clearly is no workaround for this, how about Cyberlink you allow groups or sections of video/audio down the timeline that have nothing to do with the current edit are able to be locked, that is the audio and video and not just the audio or video timeline row.

Absolutely astounding!!! (Thumbs down big time0
Quote That is the normal transition behavior for the default overlap setting. You can change the behavior to cross to have that not happen in the Preferences. See this tutorial for an explanation: https://youtu.be/TKMpDsEe8UQ .

Hey thomas I appreciate your reply, I understand the theory but I dont understand that other tracks in the timeline have nothing to do with my current edit are also moving, i'm sorry but that is completelyt counter productive and it makes no sense to my current timeline and transition choice.

I was expecting a simple way to have the behaviour to affect my selected timeline only as an option!
Hi folks,

This is super frustraiting and greatly disrupting my workflow. Everything on the timeline moves as I add in a transition.

For example I have two sections of a video and all that I am doing is adding in a transition and I understand the timeline for the video decreases because the transition time whilst overlapping makes the transition short, but I have other sections of video well down the timeline not connected in any way and those sections video are all shifting and I have to constantly adjust all the video to other sections as they video has shifted from its audio in completely different sections.

PLEASE how do I stop the shortening or the moving of the video timeline everywhere else apart from the shots that I am connecting together via the transition.

First image is a transition that I drop in and the second image is the timeline shifting the video well down the timeline in a completely different section.

Transition to be dropped onto timeline

Audio shifted from video in seperate section of video because of these transitions shortening the timeline

Please very desperate to stop this from happening as its slowing up my workflow so much its crazy!!

Thanks in advance.
Quote Not sure why you want such control over every asset, but you're not going to be happy trying to micromange everything. PD scatters content over many directories with zero user control, so my advice is to focus the big disk loads (apps & content packs) on your D: drive and leave everything else alone.

If you absolutely need to move folders due to disk space concerns, search for mklink here on the forum and you'll find the right syntax and procedural steps. No need to move any content to SSD/M2/RAID or any other drive for transfer speed.

Ok got it, thanks so very much opto for your knowledge and help, its clarified many things, greatly appreciated thank you!!
Quote That's the right call. Make sure you have the installation folder set up correctly in the App Manager before installing any program or content pack.

You can't move things around afterwards unless you use the Windows mklink command to create virtual links between where the content actually is and where Windows and the CL apps think it is. Doing it correctly from the start is the best, simplest and cleanest way forward.

Thanks opto for that, the only thing I don't understand which I would like to do is create a junction so basically my downloaded content lives in another drive but pd and Shutterstock etc see the default location but it's actually downloading to another drive but linking the contents to the default folders.

I'm not sure how to do that because that's essentially the reverse I guess.

So for example the default folders is

C /users /my user /appdata/ cyberlink /Shutterstock downloads

But I want the actual download folder to D downloads but the junctions place the shortcuts to the default folders so Shutterstock etc with correctly but I have the big downloads elsewhere etc as this helps with backups and others things etc.

It's there a way I can make everything download to a new location but keep everything looking like it's in their default location folders but they are just the shortcuts etc?

Thanks in advance
Quote Youtube's copyright system is insane. Their dispute process is almost useless.

Basically, the first person to upload a track can claim a copyright to the track whether they actually own it or not. If you upload the track afterwards and get hit with a copyright claim, it's basically up to the original uploader to concede to your claim. Youtube doesn't actually look into it much. If the original uploader admits they don't legally own it, they can release their claim to it. If not, you have to sue them.

Seriously... that's how it works.

I actually had a video that had been in the public domain for decades get hit because some hip-hop amateur had sampled some of the dialogue in one of their tracks.

Good luck.

Wow ok, I ended up deleting the vid and started again thanks for the reply
Ok I am uninstalling everything and redownloading, i cannot find a solution!
Quote There are several steps. Please refer to this discussion.

Ok Perfect, thanks opto and for your hard work on the programs etc to make it work with a better workflow thank you!
This image shows the effects room where I have everything downloaded in the CAM but clearly nothing in the downloaded. So I have copied all the downloaded folders in the cyberlink folder to their new location which is the same relative location of the the powerdirector folders, but nothing has updated.

I'm thinking there is some file which has the old D drive location as the downloaded folders, these folders are default where they downloaded and thats in the Cyberlink install folder.

I have moved these downloaded folders to their new native location all relative but PD isnt showing the downloaded files.

See the second pic here to show the non updated files yet the same location of the downloaded folders as before the move

OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB

PD AND THE CAM SHOWING ALL EFFECTS INSTALLED YET NOT SHOWING IN PD
Hi folks,

I have updated Cyberlink 365 Subscription programs installed location from D Drive to:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink

Installation path was updated in CAM and then reinstalled the 4 programs, Power, Color, Audio and Photo.

The downloaded Effects and Music Folders etc from the CAM software folders that remained in the previous Cyberlink Folder path I then copied all of those folders to the new Cyberlink destination of:

The effects etc have not refreshed even though they are in the new correct location relative to the new install patrh of:

What do I need to do to refresh the existing downloaded content?

Again these are the folders created within the Cyberlink folder only.

These arent the other downloaded locations that I choose. See the pic of the folderfs within the directory, they just need to be refreshed somehow.

Are these in registrey keys that I need to point to the new location ?

SEE PIC FOR FOLDERS -OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TABPowerdirector Downloaded Folder Contents

Any ideas people on how to get the downloads recognised, also the downloads arent available in CAM so the machine already sees them being downloaded anyway.

Thanks in advance

I know it's frustrating but I guarantee it isn't the Pixelan plug-ins. It's any computationally-intensive edits that can't be offloaded to the GPU.

Try rotating a 4K/60p video 180 degrees in a 60p project and preview it with the timeline preview quality set to UltraHD and see how long it runs before you get the Serious Frame Drop Detected message; same with Video In Reverse; or use the Speed Tool and set the Speed Multiplier to 10x and try to preview that for more than 2-3 seconds at any timeline preview resolution.

Your system won't be able to do it because PD's algorthms require many times more processing power than is available. That's the bottom line.

Many projects won't need any kind of workaround, especially if you can tolerate a few sections where the playback won't be perfect, but the main approach I've found with any project that needs these kinds of edits is to break the editing into sections and produce out the most intensive parts so you can then focus on the rest of the project.

For many kinds of edits, shadow files will work great as long as you wait for the yellow icons on all the clips in the Media Room to turn green.

Another approach is to use an intermediate codec like MagicYUV which will let PD sail through previewing. All of the tortuous examples I gave earlier are resolved when the clip doesn't have to be decoded at many times the normal playback rate, and that's what an intermediate codec does.

Shadow files will also be an improvement, but they're still encoded and will be subject to some lag. However the CPU will be better able to keep up since the pixel size and bitrate are much lower.

OK, I have installed the Magic YUV codec, its the ultimate demo, is there anything I need to do in order for the change to happen, or is it just a matter of installing this program and codec and it will simply take effecct ??

I know it's frustrating but I guarantee it isn't the Pixelan plug-ins. It's any computationally-intensive edits that can't be offloaded to the GPU.

Try rotating a 4K/60p video 180 degrees in a 60p project and preview it with the timeline preview quality set to UltraHD and see how long it runs before you get the Serious Frame Drop Detected message; same with Video In Reverse; or use the Speed Tool and set the Speed Multiplier to 10x and try to preview that for more than 2-3 seconds at any timeline preview resolution.

Your system won't be able to do it because PD's algorthms require many times more processing power than is available. That's the bottom line.

Many projects won't need any kind of workaround, especially if you can tolerate a few sections where the playback won't be perfect, but the main approach I've found with any project that needs these kinds of edits is to break the editing into sections and produce out the most intensive parts so you can then focus on the rest of the project.

For many kinds of edits, shadow files will work great as long as you wait for the yellow icons on all the clips in the Media Room to turn green.

Another approach is to use an intermediate codec like MagicYUV which will let PD sail through previewing. All of the tortuous examples I gave earlier are resolved when the clip doesn't have to be decoded at many times the normal playback rate, and that's what an intermediate codec does.

Shadow files will also be an improvement, but they're still encoded and will be subject to some lag. However the CPU will be better able to keep up since the p

ixel size and bitrate are much lower.

Ok how do i apply this magic codec?

It's there a tutorial I can follow?

Thank you so very much 👍👍
Quote The easiest way to find more info on any tool or feature in PD is to use the F1 key to bring up the online help page.

The Pixelan tools are certainly not worthless, but you will need to make some changes to your workflow if you require perfect previewing performance/fluidity.

In my testing on 2 monitors just now, there's a noticeable lag when previewing on a second monitor vs the smaller preview window, but I agree with you that the lag is present on both and that it disrupts the smooth playback seen with simpler transitions.

I've learned to tune that out and typically don't give it a second thought unless it's critical to make sure the dissolve/blur doesn't accidentally highlight something distracting, and then the non-realtime setting will show everything clearly and will let me tweak the transition's settings as needed.

My testing also showed that using Render Preview still had issues, as PD couldn't seamlessly switch between the pre-rendered section and the main timeline clips. However, using Produce Range and completely overwriting the original timeline content produced flawless results.

If the original content was still present and the new section was placed on the track directly below to hide it, PD stuggled as it still tried to process the "covered over" section, so you'll absolutely have to overwite the original section containing the transition to see the final results.

Other solutions are to lower the preview resolution and/or use shadow files, but each of those steps has their own drawbacks.

TL;DR There's no free lunch, and you'll have to choose the most important aspect about your transition and plan your workflow accordingly. That typically means using different timeline settings for different tasks.

Ok thanks so so very much, I do not use shadow files, should I in fact use it?

I cannot believe that a high end system would have to use very low resolution to playback a preview because a plugin isn't optimized, I wonder if premiere folk also have this same issue, I have to compromise everything for these plugins.

I have never had any lag far from it in any application whatsoever, the only thing is these plugins, its incredibly frustraiting that I cannot have a workflow now at all!.

Ill try shadow files and lower the resolution, I'll be looking for an alternative in the meantime!
Quote I've had Pixelan plug-ins for years and haven't ever had issues like you're showing unless I try to use my second monitor as a full screen preview.

It's the same situation with many of the built-in PD tools - no machine has the processing power to run all those pixels in realtime while also calculating/processing/rendering everything frame-by-frame the way PD works internally.

My suggestion is to skip the full screen second monitor unless you absolutely need it for quality, and then use non-realtime mode whenever possible and focus on the visuals. Otherwise, use the normal preview window or use the Render Preview or Produce Range tools to convert the computationally-dense sections of the timeline into something easy to play back.

I only used the second monitor for the video purpose, the same is to be said using the normal preview window, I use the normal preview window only for all my editing,

Also what are the Produce Range tools?

Its very frustraiting because I have never experienced any lag whatsoever under every other condition, its just these plugins, but anyway, thanks very much for your help too!

P.S I wont use non realtime as I need to get audio edit points fluently which realtime does, its such a shame because technically good plugins but currently worthless, I'll see what the dev says and go from there!
Quote I really don't see that much difference in that last video when using the blur transition in PD.

That was just an example to show the lag, the transition is irrelevant, the fact it lags is the issue!
Go to: