Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Updated Cyberlink Programs Location in CAM and downloads not found
Matt.777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2018 08:43 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks,

I have updated Cyberlink 365 Subscription programs installed location from D Drive to:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink

Installation path was updated in CAM and then reinstalled the 4 programs, Power, Color, Audio and Photo.

The downloaded Effects and Music Folders etc from the CAM software folders that remained in the previous Cyberlink Folder path I then copied all of those folders to the new Cyberlink destination of:

The effects etc have not refreshed even though they are in the new correct location relative to the new install patrh of:

What do I need to do to refresh the existing downloaded content?

Again these are the folders created within the Cyberlink folder only.

These arent the other downloaded locations that I choose. See the pic of the folderfs within the directory, they just need to be refreshed somehow.

Are these in registrey keys that I need to point to the new location ?

SEE PIC FOR FOLDERS -OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TABPowerdirector Downloaded Folder Contents

Any ideas people on how to get the downloads recognised, also the downloads arent available in CAM so the machine already sees them being downloaded anyway.

Thanks in advance

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2022 21:55

Matt.777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This image shows the effects room where I have everything downloaded in the CAM but clearly nothing in the downloaded. So I have copied all the downloaded folders in the cyberlink folder to their new location which is the same relative location of the the powerdirector folders, but nothing has updated.

I'm thinking there is some file which has the old D drive location as the downloaded folders, these folders are default where they downloaded and thats in the Cyberlink install folder.

I have moved these downloaded folders to their new native location all relative but PD isnt showing the downloaded files.

See the second pic here to show the non updated files yet the same location of the downloaded folders as before the move

OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB

PD AND THE CAM SHOWING ALL EFFECTS INSTALLED YET NOT SHOWING IN PD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2022 21:55

Matt.777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok I am uninstalling everything and redownloading, i cannot find a solution!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's the right call. Make sure you have the installation folder set up correctly in the App Manager before installing any program or content pack.

You can't move things around afterwards unless you use the Windows mklink command to create virtual links between where the content actually is and where Windows and the CL apps think it is. Doing it correctly from the start is the best, simplest and cleanest way forward.
Matt.777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That's the right call. Make sure you have the installation folder set up correctly in the App Manager before installing any program or content pack.

You can't move things around afterwards unless you use the Windows mklink command to create virtual links between where the content actually is and where Windows and the CL apps think it is. Doing it correctly from the start is the best, simplest and cleanest way forward.

Thanks opto for that, the only thing I don't understand which I would like to do is create a junction so basically my downloaded content lives in another drive but pd and Shutterstock etc see the default location but it's actually downloading to another drive but linking the contents to the default folders.

I'm not sure how to do that because that's essentially the reverse I guess.

So for example the default folders is

C /users /my user /appdata/ cyberlink /Shutterstock downloads

But I want the actual download folder to D downloads but the junctions place the shortcuts to the default folders so Shutterstock etc with correctly but I have the big downloads elsewhere etc as this helps with backups and others things etc.

It's there a way I can make everything download to a new location but keep everything looking like it's in their default location folders but they are just the shortcuts etc?

Thanks in advance
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure why you want such control over every asset, but you're not going to be happy trying to micromange everything. PD scatters content over many directories with zero user control, so my advice is to focus the big disk loads (apps & content packs) on your D: drive and leave everything else alone.

If you absolutely need to move folders due to disk space concerns, search for mklink here on the forum and you'll find the right syntax and procedural steps. No need to move any content to SSD/M2/RAID or any other drive for transfer speed.
Matt.777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not sure why you want such control over every asset, but you're not going to be happy trying to micromange everything. PD scatters content over many directories with zero user control, so my advice is to focus the big disk loads (apps & content packs) on your D: drive and leave everything else alone.

If you absolutely need to move folders due to disk space concerns, search for mklink here on the forum and you'll find the right syntax and procedural steps. No need to move any content to SSD/M2/RAID or any other drive for transfer speed.

Ok got it, thanks so very much opto for your knowledge and help, its clarified many things, greatly appreciated thank you!!