Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Everything moves on the timeline whenever I add in a transition
Matt.777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2018 08:43 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks,

This is super frustraiting and greatly disrupting my workflow. Everything on the timeline moves as I add in a transition.

For example I have two sections of a video and all that I am doing is adding in a transition and I understand the timeline for the video decreases because the transition time whilst overlapping makes the transition short, but I have other sections of video well down the timeline not connected in any way and those sections video are all shifting and I have to constantly adjust all the video to other sections as they video has shifted from its audio in completely different sections.

PLEASE how do I stop the shortening or the moving of the video timeline everywhere else apart from the shots that I am connecting together via the transition.

First image is a transition that I drop in and the second image is the timeline shifting the video well down the timeline in a completely different section.

Transition to be dropped onto timeline

Audio shifted from video in seperate section of video because of these transitions shortening the timeline

Please very desperate to stop this from happening as its slowing up my workflow so much its crazy!!

Thanks in advance.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is the normal transition behavior for the default overlap setting. You can change the behavior to cross to have that not happen in the Preferences. See this tutorial for an explanation: https://youtu.be/TKMpDsEe8UQ .
Matt.777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That is the normal transition behavior for the default overlap setting. You can change the behavior to cross to have that not happen in the Preferences. See this tutorial for an explanation: https://youtu.be/TKMpDsEe8UQ .

Hey thomas I appreciate your reply, I understand the theory but I dont understand that other tracks in the timeline have nothing to do with my current edit are also moving, i'm sorry but that is completelyt counter productive and it makes no sense to my current timeline and transition choice.

I was expecting a simple way to have the behaviour to affect my selected timeline only as an option!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can lock all the other tracks before adding an overlap transition on that particaular track. This is so that the assets on the other tracks don't move. You can release the other tracks afterwards if desired.
Ricky Bobby [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2022 16:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You can lock all the other tracks before adding an overlap transition on that particaular track. This is so that the assets on the other tracks don't move. You can release the other tracks afterwards if desired.

Welcome to the World of PowerDirector,,,

When conducting the band, to make the drums play, you must tell all the other instruments to remain silent.
Matt.777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies, I have other video tracks on ther same timeline but well down the track, they all get moved as well even if I lock the other tracks, the video tracks well down the timeline get moved.

AND GET THIS, EVEN THOSE VIDEO TRACKS MOVE DESPITE THEY ARE LINKED NATIVELY TO THEIR OWN AUDIO TRACK!!

The lack of intuitevity absolutely flaws me, there clearly is no workaround for this, how about Cyberlink you allow groups or sections of video/audio down the timeline that have nothing to do with the current edit are able to be locked, that is the audio and video and not just the audio or video timeline row.

Absolutely astounding!!! (Thumbs down big time0

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2022 17:59