Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube Copyright claims - Confused by claim
Matt.777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2018 08:43 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks,

Running Powerdirector 365 on a subscription. I uploaded a Youtube Video today, its our third for our channel and I have received 2 Audio Copyright claims, not a copyright strike but two audio copyright claims.

Please see link to video for reference only and the screenshots showing the powerdirector timeline with the music audio which is audio tracks directly through Pinnacle.

Youtube Video Link

The audio tracks youtube have stated are completely different titles. and one of the tracks I have used through my other videos.

I have sent youtube the feedback stating I am allowewd to use the music through Pinnacle.

Please see the screenshots showing the pinnacle music and the timeline including the two suggested audio tracks i copyrighted!

Youtube Claims

Music used on timeline 1

Music used on timeline 2

Question, is there anything else I can do? Will this just go away?

Thoughts and comments as I'm very unsure what will happen.

P.S Surely this is just a bad mistake by YouTube ??
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
You can open a dispute, so some human being will look into your case, I think.
My channel is not monetized and most of the time I just accept not to monetize the video and everything is fine.
But there are certain songs that are not allowed to be used in any way, Youtube blocks it for some countries or the whole world.
It is visible only to those who posted it. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Matt.777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can open a dispute, so some human being will look into your case, I think.
My channel is not monetized and most of the time I just accept not to monetize the video and everything is fine.
But there are certain songs that are not allowed to be used in any way, Youtube blocks it for some countries or the whole world.
It is visible only to those who posted it.

Ok thanks very much for the explanation, I have pulled the video down just not to go through the bother, easy enough to change the music even though it's powerdirector music đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Roopull [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2020 14:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Youtube's copyright system is insane. Their dispute process is almost useless.

Basically, the first person to upload a track can claim a copyright to the track whether they actually own it or not. If you upload the track afterwards and get hit with a copyright claim, it's basically up to the original uploader to concede to your claim. Youtube doesn't actually look into it much. If the original uploader admits they don't legally own it, they can release their claim to it. If not, you have to sue them.

Seriously... that's how it works.

I actually had a video that had been in the public domain for decades get hit because some hip-hop amateur had sampled some of the dialogue in one of their tracks.

Good luck.
Matt.777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Youtube's copyright system is insane. Their dispute process is almost useless.

Basically, the first person to upload a track can claim a copyright to the track whether they actually own it or not. If you upload the track afterwards and get hit with a copyright claim, it's basically up to the original uploader to concede to your claim. Youtube doesn't actually look into it much. If the original uploader admits they don't legally own it, they can release their claim to it. If not, you have to sue them.

Seriously... that's how it works.

I actually had a video that had been in the public domain for decades get hit because some hip-hop amateur had sampled some of the dialogue in one of their tracks.

Good luck.

Wow ok, I ended up deleting the vid and started again thanks for the reply