Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2go issues: how to convert audio cd - P2G does not rec source also auto tagging not working
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
So a couple of things - I'vetried searching, then browings back to 2014 for this issue. I'm guessing no one uses this program for this?

1. I'm trying to convert a commerical audio cd to .flac files using the 'convert' feature. P2G does not recognize the cd source as having data ( I guess).

2. Also - how to pre-populate the tracks? I have both media monkey and exact audio copy - and both of those have found and populated the track listing.

I've never used P2G for this purpose - and thought I'd give it a try since I bought it. But (I'm probably missing something) but this seems to be a labor intensive effort comparitiyvly. What am I missing?
[Thumb - Screenshot (23).jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot (23).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2020 13:24

David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
a few more screenshots . . . the first shot - if the source window is expanded - shows "a audio disk" in drive,

the rest show the other programs retrieving the data (from the web) and inserting it.
[Thumb - Screenshot (26).jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot (26).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (24).jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot (24).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (25).jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot (25).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What flavor is your P2G? P2G 13 will both import and export Flac files. Of course, P2G will import the disc files unless the disc is somehow protected. Have you looked at the help files?

I guess that after rereading your question and looking at your screen shots, I'm confused. Perhaps someone else can help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2020 13:42

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What flavor is your P2G? P2G 13 will both import and export Flac files. Of course, P2G will import the disc files unless the disc is somehow protected. Have you looked at the help files?

I guess that after rereading your question and looking at your screen shots, I'm confused. Perhaps someone else can help.

P2G is v11.

When I try to select the cd drive as the source of files to be converted - it finds nothing to convert. Which makes me think I first have to import/copy the disk using some other function, then go there for the source file to be comverted. If that's the case - that's way to complicated and wasteful of space.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, Dire Straits, I like it.

You should use audio cd ripping function of power2go instead of using audio converter.

audio converter cannot recognize music track in audio cds.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2020 22:35