Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
starship trooper,

there is a checkbox in that small window that says do not display this message again or something like that.

check that before clicking on ok.

i hope that helps.
hello, i think screen captures are not allowed when viewing blu-ray movies. but i think it still works with DVDs and other medias.

regards!
winxp pro xp3 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)

windows media player 11.0.5721.5280

using microsoft's csript.exe and wmcmd.vbs with flags: "-a_codec WMA9LSL -a_content 0 -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_16" to convert the file.

and then tagged using media tagger 1.3.0 or directly to the file by changing the properties - summary and editing from there.

hope this helps.
this might be connected to the problem found at:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18025.page

playing an unencrypted BD (on HD) works fine. dxVA is on.

click on settings.

click on video, click on information.

click on cancel.

cpu usage jumps to 61%.

click on settings.

click on information.

DxVA is now off.
additional screen shot
hello michael,

the tags are embedded inside the wma file.

attached are screen shots for your reference.
hello biff,

yes, all those info, if you could provide them, could help the community figure out what is causing the problem because many of us have working pdvd11.

there are no specific format required because your response won't be machine read.

you can do it this way:

power dvd full version - no
power dvd trial version - yes - version 11.x.xxxx.xx (of course you have to put the actual version)
power dvd sr number - dvd11xxxx-xx
power dvd tr number - tr11xxxx-xxx
operating system - win7 64bit

etc...

welcome to the forums.

regards!
hello michael,

yes the page up/page down work for time seek.

i, too, was confused because prior to pdvd11, time seek can be used with the mouse scrollers and now, it's with page up/page down.

regards!
i have lots of WMA (lossless) files that are properly tagged.

WMP and windows explorer read and display the tags in their correct fields/columns properly.

however, PDVD11 only displays the filename as the title and "Unknown Artist" at the lower left hand of the screen and doesn't display the correct tags, even after playing the file.

the artist field/column also only displays "Unknown" even after playing the file.

mp3 files' tags are properly displayed in the lower left and the fields/columns, though.
hello danny,

the region settings are stored in the BD drive or DVD drive.

even if, assuming that cyberlink, can allow those changes, the BD/DVD drive won't allow you to make further changes so cyberlink and/or powerdvd can not do anything more.

regards!
i take back what i said regarding 2% increase/decrease on DVDs.

i am currently watching a DVD and sometimes the video would jump 10%, sometimes 2%.
i think the cpu is very good for BD playback.

i only have a very old dual core cpu and i get 0% cpu usage because i let the video card's gpu take over the video processing.

check your monitor if its native resolution is 1920x1080 or higher. if it is, then there is a very big chance you'll have superb video.

or better yet, download cyberlink's BD advisor. it will tell you if all your components are BD playback capable.
Quote: I have checked the files and found that

If you place both mkv and srt in the same folder then PDVD 11 shows the subtitle in the 2 ROWS.

If you remove the srt file from the mkv folder, then PDVD 11 shows the subtitle in the single line.

thanks for noting this, novatech. then i guess there is actually an issue as seen also in the screen grab i have provided.
thanks for your reply michael.

i guess it really has something to do with HDCP because this does not happen during playback of unprotected videos.

however, i am only wondering why this happens when i click on the cancel button and not when i click on the OK button.

as for the cables, unfortunately, my monitor is only equipped with DVI input so there really is no choice as regards HDMI.

anyhow, may i request that you still forward this to the tech guys because i am sure, there is something in the codes that check for HDCP when the cancel button is clicked on, which, i believe is not available when clicking on the OK button.

thanks again for your support.
hello and welcome to the forums, dawiest.

when the movie tab is active, click on the down arrow next to it.

click open movie file on hard drive.

when the browse for folder window appears, select the folder where the files are located. click ok.

if you have set powerdvd to play automatically upon inserting disc (settings > player > advanced > check play automatically upon inserting disc) the movie will play automatically; if not, you need to press play.
hello michael,

after updating the video driver, i still get the same error.

attached is the bd advisor log after updating the video driver.

thanks again for your support.

by the way, does powerdvd disable grabbing of screen via the print screen key? i wanted to get a grab of the error message but seems like it's disabled.

thanks!
hello michael,

my monitor is connected to the pc using single link dvi.

attached is the bd advisor log prior to updating the video driver.

will test again if the problem persists after the video driver update. and if problem is still present will let you know.

please take note that i have no problems watching BDs (aside from those i have posted in different threads) and this issue only happens when i click on the cancel button. clicking on OK does not trigger the problem i have mentioned on this thread. further, the problem is also not consistent, ie, it does not happen all the time. sometimes the error is triggered, sometimes not, but only when the cancel button is clicked on.
that's a good observation, NovaTech, but it shouldn't work that way.
thanks once more for your response, michael.

i am attaching a zip file with the srt and the mkv file for your reference. the mkv file already contains the video and the srt. i am attaching the srt so you guys don't need to extract the srt from the mkv file.

i am also attaching screen shots of how powerdvd and media player classic render the subtitles.

further, if i may add, would it also be possible that powerdvd render the subtitles with the same clarity and cleanliness as how mpc does?

thanks for all your support.
thanks again for your response, Michael.

i am using digital connection.

i am reposting my dxdiag information here from http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18003.page

when playing BDs, opening the settings window and then clicking on cancel yields the following warning:

XXX
Warning
Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play back the protected content. - (Code = 0122)
Try one of the following solutions to solve the problem:
1) Make sure your graphics card driver meets the minimum requirements. (You can find additional information on the Cyberlink FAQ web site)
2) Do not use dual-monitors to play back this movie (Clone Mode).

Run BD Advisor Tool for more information.

Run Now | Cancel | Information
XXX

Clicking on OK does not yield the error mentioned above.

Go to: